Sony a99!
/forum/topic/1150076/1

end

thorne88
Total Posts: 709

Sony renders colors in a way I haven't seen before (and i've shot canon, nikon, and fuji). I currently shoot both canon and sony, but I agree with Sheri that the sony produces a unique look. Almost smoother and more sure of the look/color. Hard to explain, but I always see it in the images. I blame it on the zeiss glass

ausemmao
Total Posts: 359

derbarrett wrote:
Just curious.... how does the look you get from sony differ from canon?

Better colour. Sony tend to use stricter CFAs, so tend to be able to discriminate between shades the Nikons and Canons can't. Which is also why they have tended to be a bit worse at high ISO.

derbarrett
Total Posts: 298

ausemmao wrote:
derbarrett wrote:

Better colour. Sony tend to use stricter CFAs, so tend to be able to discriminate between shades the Nikons and Canons can't. Which is also why they have tended to be a bit worse at high ISO.

Looking at the review that Sheri posted... it appears that Sony has also fixed the High ISO performane as well!

derbarrett
Total Posts: 298

FYI.... Below is a review from a 5DM3 user.... it looks like sony hit a home run with this camera!

http://www.frankdoorhof.com/site/2012/10/sony-alpha99-preview/]

td81
Total Posts: 217

Anyone looking for a A900?

sherijohnson
Total Posts: 3660

derbarrett wrote:

sony produces a smooth creamy look, sometimes I do bump up the blacks and give a color boost, but sometimes I leave it the way it is because it looks quite awesome.... but there are some instances my sony just doesn't give me what I am looking for and canon does, but I would LOVE to try out the new a77 or the a99

D. Diggler
Total Posts: 5921

thorne88 wrote:
Sony renders colors in a way I haven't seen before (and i've shot canon, nikon, and fuji).

Never used Sony but Canon colors are just so-so ... nothing to write home about.

N.Cost
Total Posts: 387

I used to shoot both a700 and a850. I'll be ordering the a99 as soon as it starts shipping (hate pre-orders). As long as I learn to like the EVF I will be selling the a850. Love my G and Z glass, hard to beat.

end