1       2       3              55      
       57              59       60       end

Psychic1
Total Posts: 4372

Macy's Parade - Happy Thanksgiving

Gunzorro
Total Posts: 6379

Psychic -- Great parade shots!

Here's one from today. 1Ds3, 24-70L original, f/8, ISO 100. Only slight exp mod (-0.24) and sharpening. No other corrections.

roboticspro
Total Posts: 1787

Happy Thanksgiving!,

Edd

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1399

Family gathering in North Carolina, Chimney Rock State Park...
Happy Thanksgiving to all...

With 70-200 f/2.8 II...
Jerry

Geert Koning
Total Posts: 1229

50D + 500/4 + 1.4

Jefferson
Total Posts: 4462

30D + Canon 200 f/2.8L

Gunzorro

1Ds3, 50/1.2L @ f/1.2, ISO 100

PetKal
Total Posts: 24073

Jefferson and Jim, two different views of the same thing. i.e., a tree, and each view results in a unique photo.

Roger Ramjet
Total Posts: 175

From today at Wakodahatchee wetlands preserve (in Boynton Beach, FL)
1D4 + 300mm f/2.8 L IS II + 2XIII

MSC
Total Posts: 11463

Sweet annie patch in the near field barn.

Doctorbird
Total Posts: 646

Peter's Pijuns' source uncovered. Very informative!!!

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/an-original-duckumentary/full-episode/8068/

Gunzorro

Thanks Peter! I was thinking something similar when I saw Jefferson's version just before posting. So similar in composition, pretty well the same colors, and yet such a different mix -- a mash-up of each other. Beautiful shot there, Jefferson, with the color behind.

John_T
Total Posts: 2842

Doctorbird wrote:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/an-original-duckumentary/full-episode/8068/

...couldn't find anything on PijunRentals on that site, whut's up with that?....

15Bit
Total Posts: 3740

Wow, three pages since my last post. I do wonder where some of you guys find time to shoot, sort and PP all these images.

Another from the archives. I'm re-visiting with LR4 to see if i can do a better job with it than with LR3, but i'm still not completely satisfied. For sure LR4 is much easier though. 350D / 70-200mm f/2.8L:

John_T

15Bit wrote: Another from the archives. I'm re-visiting with LR4 to see if i can do a better job with it than with LR3, but i'm still not completely satisfied. For sure LR4 is much easier though.

LR4 has a different way of "developing" images, which I find better and easier than LR3. Look in the menu under Library, go down to "Find Previous Process Photos", then convert them. You will find that your develop options will have changed to the new process. Maybe that will make things clearer, did for me.

Ralph Conway
Total Posts: 3827

Thank you John. I will try to test this this weekend.

Ralph

15Bit
Total Posts: 3740

John_T wrote:
15Bit wrote: Another from the archives. I'm re-visiting with LR4 to see if i can do a better job with it than with LR3, but i'm still not completely satisfied. For sure LR4 is much easier though.

LR4 has a different way of "developing" images, which I find better and easier than LR3. Look in the menu under Library, go down to "Find Previous Process Photos", then convert them. You will find that your develop options will have changed to the new process. Maybe that will make things clearer, did for me.

Thanks John. I've been playing with LR4 for a while now, so the conversion option is not new to me. I also find the new sliders easier than the old, now i've got used to them. Some images however i find worked better with the old process, and the conversion from old to new does not give completely 100% identical results either, so i'm not going to do a bulk conversion of everything to the new process.

The problem with this one is getting the contrast characteristics to my liking. It would probably help if i wasn't changing my mind every time i look at it too I'm making great use of LR's "create virtual copy" option. I might also run it through Capture One and see how does.

Poking around with this shot i've bumped into some colour management problems too. I got a wide gamut screen last week (the ubiquitous Dell U2410) and have been converting all my desktop backgrounds to the new resolution. I am properly calibrated (Spyder3), but even exporting the desktop background as RGB gives a significant colour shift. I thought Win7 didn't colour manage the desktop, meaning RGB would be fine, but apparently not.

John_T

I don't know the Dell, so can't say much. I have two Eizo CG241Ws, that using the Eizo ColorNavigator calibration software, hardware calibrates the monitor itself, not the graphic card, so anything that appears on the display is calibrated. I also use the new X-rite i1 Display Pro puck that I find better than anything I've used to date. I find that this all helps clarity over what LR4 is doing, especially the subtleties.

Often I use Auto Tone first to see what it does with an image, then either adjust those settings to my liking, or if I don't like it, reset and mess around with it myself. I don't use the contrast slider much, but playing around between the Clarity and Saturation sliders, approaching contrast with colors differently, and/or may play with Highlights, Whites and Blacks for grey scale contrast or recovery to accent what I want out of the image. I find I have more control in LR4 than in LR3, which somehow felt kinda vague and lurchy.

PetKal
Total Posts: 24073

Doctorbird wrote:

Nice. This video gives a new meaning to the expression "bird in flight".

chas
Total Posts: 1739

Orange County, NY

Crawford Notch, NH

1       2       3              55      
       57              59       60       end