Canon autumn photography
/forum/topic/1149712/46

1       2       3              46      
       48              59       60       end

PetKal
Total Posts: 24890

StillFingerz wrote:
The item in question is something people use when ants and other crawly pests annoy them, it's a close-up; 50% crop, of the top of a RAID insect spray can...the center round bit is where you put your finger to spray the bug kill liquid!

Of course, I was just going to suggest that.

Photon
Total Posts: 10141

Okay, one lonely shot of a lonely leaf with a shy neighbor. More here.
I haven't made much use of my 135 L for portraits lately, so I grabbed it for this miniature outing.

tbartick
Total Posts: 684

On the Beach at Birdrock, LaJolla last night...very windy. Had a lot of fun shooting with friends....

PetKal

Not much of an apparent fall theme, except the shot was taken today, on a rather mild and somewhat sunny autumn day.

I was doing some AF torture test of my 1DX + 400 II combo.
Actually, this kind of shots is not easy for the camera operator either.

sritri
Total Posts: 3370

I tried some PIF and failed miserably. I am more in awe by your PIFs' Peter. But I did come back with a colorful pigeon

roboticspro
Total Posts: 1890

Good Evening,

Peter, Jerry: Thanks for the comments...the old FD "L" glass is still doing the magic for me.

John_T: That photo reminds me of the Alfred Hitchcock movie from the 60's, "The Birds", which stared Suzanne Pleshette (what a beautiful woman she was...). Very nice!

Photon (Jess): Very nice work with the 135L...Peter sparked my interest into getting that lens last year, and I have to say that it is awesome for the low-light work I sometimes get to do.

tbartick: That surf/beach image and PP is wonderful...

Peter, the casual AF tests that you have posted show the results of great gear(s) and your refined skills to be able to acquire, track, and follow-through your target(s).

Regards,

Edd

sritri

Edd - Those are some of the finest fall photos I have seen here on FM. All frameworthy

tbartick
Total Posts: 684

sritri wrote:
Edd - Those are some of the finest fall photos I have seen here on FM. All frameworthy

Plus 1!

Thank you, Edd

Terry

PetKal

sritri wrote:
I tried some PIF and failed miserably. I am more in awe by your PIFs' Peter. But I did come back with a colorful pigeon

Shreeni, that 300 f/4 works real well for you, and it is a keeper IMO.
I also like your colour balance and saturation....it is vibrant enough yet not overdone.

PetKal

sritri wrote:

Edd is a master of fall photography. I think Jerry Tenn. is also doing a similar photography genre with similar sensitivity for colours and mood.

sritri

PetKal wrote:
sritri wrote:
...I think Jerry Tenn. is also doing a similar photography genre with similar sensitivity for colours and mood.

Undoubtedly. Jerry's composition has a distinct signature for me which conveys a kind of space and tranquility while Edd tighter crops make me appreciate the finite details

Jefferson
Total Posts: 4734

Georgia Pine...

5Dc + Canon 50 1.4 @ f/2

PetKal

Jefferson wrote:
Georgia Pine...

A beauty.

Jefferson
Total Posts: 4734

onegreatcity
Total Posts: 1443

PetKal wrote:
Camster, fine pictures and nice lite. (BTW, what is that white stuff everywhere ? )

Thanks Peter, damn snow is everywhere right now with more on the way. We got off easy last year so I guess we shouldn't complain, it is Winter-peg after all!

PetKal

Winterpeg indeed.

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1524

Gosh, Peter and sritri; I'm touched...
Seriously though, if I have ever communicated "tranquility" and "sensitivity for colour and mood" with an image, then I count that as one of my rare truly successful accomplishments in this fascinating art/hobby...

Lift me right out of the doldrums, y'all; many thanks...
Jerry

Meanwhile, at sunrise this morning at a nearby wildlife reserve, these Canada geese announced their arrival in plenty of time for me to be ready...with the 500 f/4L (Mk. I).

Later, I walked up on a doe just out of my back yard; first peeking at me through the brush, then tolerating a pretty close approach (about 40 feet for the second frame). Autofocus wouldn't reach through the berry bushes in the beginning, but once I "close-focused" manually, the camera held to the deer perfectly...pleasing, indeed...both made with 300 2.8L IS (Mk. I).

PetKal

Yup, Jerry....you've got it.

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1524

sritri

You've done it again Jerry

1       2       3              46      
       48              59       60       end