1       2       3              27      
       29              59       60       end

eskimochaos
Total Posts: 802

Lexus LX by wfarrell4, on Flickr

michael49
Total Posts: 5364

Tenn.Jer wrote:

Here's a "waterscape" with a 24-105L and polarizer, and a fireside family scene made with a 70-200 f/2.8 II...

Nice.

michael49

John_T wrote:
Prime Autumn wandering

Love the falling leaf shot, I've always wanted to get one like that - maybe I do need to upgrade to the 5d3!

michael49

roboticspro wrote:
Good Evening,

From my afternoon walk around the woodlands at and near my home. Just the 5D with the 24-105L kit lens and a C-PL attached.

Regards,

Edd

Love the reflection "painterly" shot Ed.

michael49

First frost....

5d2 & Sigma 50mm macro....

roboticspro
Total Posts: 1772

Hi,

Tenn.Jer wrote:
Beautiful, Edd; I especially like the second - the row of rocks is the key to the composition, in my humble opinion...
Jerry

Thanks Jerry , if I don't have to travel this week, I will be running the kayak down to the dam where those rock outcroppings are. The weather back here has been weird again; all of 25*F at my place last night. Hopefully the remaining leaves will really turn soon, but most of my maples, ash, and red oak have dropped at this point...
I enjoyed your posting(s) of the family trip and your early morning paddle...looks like great fun!

Will: Great to see your image work...really nice job with the pano(s). How's things' in the land of McCormick Place and Hyde Park (the best jazz clubs in the country)?

Regards,

Edd

roboticspro
Total Posts: 1772

Hi,

Michael: Thank you also...and you certainly do some fine work throughout FM. You run the 5D & Simga combo very well

Regards,

Edd

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1327

Thanks for the kind words, Edd; it's good to see how autumn looks around your homestead again...and John T, your views from Switzerland are lovely - including those bizarre white punkins ...
The thread is flooding with fantastic landscapes in the last couple of pages as the colors spread...

Here are a few from the Natchez Trace area today...all done with the 24-105 f/4L and a CPL.

Jerry

corndog
Total Posts: 4056

These are a little old, but I think I technically made autumn...

John_T
Total Posts: 2806

Michael, a spider hung that there on a long, long silk, dancing in the sun and the breeze. Chased it around like a fool, falling leaves are probably easier. Nice textures in your frosty leaf.

Jerry, it's pumpkin season here, every imaginable variety in restaurants, roadside stands, festivals, contests, doorsteps, on the menus too. Camera finds them irresistible.

AaronNegro
Total Posts: 1331

Again 5DIII+135L

Tenn.Jer

Aaron, those above encourage me to carry only the 135L with me when I go out this afternoon .

Here's a local resident; portrait orientation was the only way I could include the fall color...
with the 70-200 f/2.8 II
Jerry

sritri
Total Posts: 2812

AaronNegro

Tenn.Jer wrote:
Aaron, those above encourage me to carry only the 135L with me when I go out this afternoon .

Jerry

We were a bit less than 5 degrees around 9:30. Already with fever today, at least the 135L makes me smile with the pictures I took.

The only thing I wish it had was, f1.8 and IS but I do not want to pay 2K+ for it.

Soon enough I will get my hands on the 70-200 IS Mark II...

AaronNegro

A few more: (Halloween approaching) 5DIII+135L once again.

Tenn.Jer

Aaron, I have the 70-200 II also, but I still use the 135 regularly; the larger aperture and its associated BG blur are in a class alone...Those pumpkins above are a perfect illustration; look at the thin slice of focus and how it shows up on the sidewalk and burlap (straw?) underneath the pumpkins...and the pumpkins in the upper right corner of the frame - just gone, into amorphous yellow softness...Gorgeous
The zoom is probably equal in sharpness (I don't do many formal lens tests), but the 135L has the advantage in unobtrusiveness; more than once the prime has escaped notice and given me some nice candids. I love them both, and would Hate to have to choose one or the other. If you lived in Tennessee, I'd loan you my 70-200, just to whet your appetite .
Jerry

rxgolf
Total Posts: 1269

I could not resist finding a little color this week before Missouri turns orange and red. I was shooting a 1DX with a 100mm f2.8.
Thanks for all the great shots I have had the pleasure to view on this thread!
Greg

AGeoJO
Total Posts: 11816

Autumn it is.... Captured approximately 10 to 14 days ago, mostly in Colorado

Tenn.Jer

Both with 24-105L...
Jerry

Doctorbird
Total Posts: 597

Unfortunately, here in SoCal we cannot post images with beautiful Fall colors as exemplified in this thread. (Congrats all, I enjoyed them).

Nevertheless, to make do, here are few from yesterday, using the 1DX and the newly acquired 400 II.

All shots with the 2XIII extender on a Gimbal mounted setup.

Db

1       2       3              27      
       29              59       60       end