#518 Converge
/forum/topic/1147828/0

wifi
Total Posts: 164

As I was walking through a parking garage today I noticed the nice shadow lines being formed by these cables and thought it might be a good fit for this week's assignment. One of the nice things about getting a G1X recently is that I nearly always have it with me so I have more opportunities for situations like this.

I initially planned to do nearly a complete silhouette on the B&W conversion, but then decided to add back in a little tone. I found the trees to the right a little distracting, so if I have time tomorrow, I may go back to the same garage but one floor up (and with the 5D) to try this again.

As an added bonus to the Geometric theme, I noticed that after darkening the shadows, a triangle was formed by the pillar, roof and their shadows. I"ll try not to cut the top of the triangle off if I re-take this now that I know it's there .

twistedlim
Total Posts: 3127

Stunning! Well done!

ruuskan
Total Posts: 2226

The converging lines work for me!

gregfountain
Total Posts: 6618

Nice!

wifi
Total Posts: 164

Thanks for all the kind remarks.

I did go back today to try this shot again one floor up. The good news is that the trees were now mostly gone at this height. Unfortunately, there was now a mixture of tree-tops and buildings in view, which looked even worse IMO. And since the time was about an hour sooner, the shadows weren't right - so I'm sticking with my original post.

Good luck to all the entrants this week!

prasanna
Total Posts: 207

Very nice shadows and details..