#518 Crossroads of Light
/forum/topic/1146402/0

RustyBug
Total Posts: 13404

Where sky blue meets sunset red ... catching both the end of the day and the beginning of the night.

shortpballer
Total Posts: 613

very well captured. Don't know if there is a bunch of edition on this, nonetheless the photo is very well composed and intriguing.

RustyBug

Eric, thanks.

No editing other than some sat/gamma adjustments to enhance the naturally reflected colors. No painting, toning or other color introducing efforts. My fav part is that it shows off the mixed/gradient colors of ambient lighting (albeit somewhat exaggerated) that naturally exist at that time of day, particularly when sidelighting. Kinda like an industrial version of antelope canyon ... if that makes any sense.

shortpballer
Total Posts: 613

How does everyone know my name? Am I missing something here lol. Anyhow, very cool photo and amazing location and find. Did you have this location before the WA or did you just come across it?

RustyBug

Eric,

A little "Sherlock" through your website @ "About Me" usually does the trick.

The location is an old haunt ... which I did a similar (different section of track) B&W on a cloudy day to control the contrast originally. Having shot it before, it seemed not in the spirit of WA to do the same thing again ... rather the spirit/point of the assignment is to stretch oneself to advance our own craftsmanship skills (imo).

So, I was in the area exploring other geometries that existed in the rail cars themselves. Then, the lighting was a psuedo "come across it" ... in that I recognized an opportunity to get the "light play" involved in a different way to illustrate some of the concepts I've been espousing about the colors of ambient lighting @ late hour sidelighting. That became the "stretch oneself" part for me ... to try and convey in imagery that very thing I had previously been using words for.

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3881

shortpballer wrote:
How does everyone know my name? Am I missing something here lol. Anyhow, very cool photo and amazing location and find. Did you have this location before the WA or did you just come across it?

Its on your website..., we are resourceful, and like to be on a first name basis around here! EDIT: Kent beat me to it...much faster than me...

Awesome image Kent, good to see you back in the WA, I really like this one.

RustyBug

Thanks Travis ... after having seen your Porsche shot (et al) that I was diggin' ... I'm glad you like this one.

Travis Rhoads

yeah, too bad that one wasn't taken yesterday...would work well here. I like the different way of looking at the tracks, and the light play that you caught. Its very graphic, geometric, and at least for me, it took a minute to realize what I was looking at.

RustyBug

Travis Rhoads wrote:
yeah, too bad that one wasn't taken yesterday...would work well here.

Yeah ... hey, feel free (my request) to post your Porsche in this thread (if you don't I will ) ... even though it isn't "eligible" for entry due to when you shot it ... it is a pic our friends in WA would appreciate seeing.

Travis Rhoads wrote:
it took a minute to realize what I was looking at.

That's cool. I was afraid it would be too obvious and seem cliche' and trite.

Travis Rhoads

go right ahead if you feel so inclined, I would not feel right cluttering your WA thread with my stuff...maybe link to the PC thread...

RustyBug

Link it is then ...

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1145886

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1524

Love it.
I hate to decide a vote so early, but this one has Impact, no doubt about it.

Man, the bar gets so high sometimes...

Jerry

Jman13
Total Posts: 10799

Great shot here. Really love the composition and the beautiful light! Well done!

relms
Total Posts: 2068

Very nice entry, beautifully composed with great contrast and color.

gregfountain
Total Posts: 6657

Nice one Kent! The reflection on the rails blows me away!

Greg

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3157

Very well done Rusty, nice find.

Norm

Pete A
Total Posts: 588

Unusual and very nice.