Samyang 24mm f/3.5 tilt-shift lens announced!
/forum/topic/1145975/3

1       2       3      
       end

WesN
Total Posts: 2002

I値l be very interested in this lens if the IQ versus cost is good. I致e never shot a tilt-shift lens, so I知 looking forward to the reviews and if good (with a good cost), I値l likely buy it for landscape photos.

Wes N.

JasonJ
Total Posts: 2614

I'm really enjoying my Rokinon 85mm f1.4. If the price point is right, I may have to try this new lens!

Fred Miranda
Total Posts: 17699

WesN wrote:
I値l be very interested in this lens if the IQ versus cost is good. I致e never shot a tilt-shift lens, so I知 looking forward to the reviews and if good (with a good cost), I値l likely buy it for landscape photos.

Wes N.

The expectations are running high.
I'm hoping this will be an affordable tilt and shift lens with decent optical quality so more photographers start shooting landscape with tilt and shift lenses. Once you try it, there is no way back.

RogerC11
Total Posts: 2245

Fred Miranda wrote:
WesN wrote:

Wes N.

The expectations are running high.
I'm hoping this will be an affordable tilt and shift lens with decent optical quality so more photographers start shooting landscape with tilt and shift lenses. Once you try it, there is no way back.

I've been looking for a high quality wide angle for landscapes in particular a Canon 24TSE or Zeiss 21 distagon but the prices are a bit of a reach for me at the current moment. If the price is anything near 600 dollars I will definitely be picking one up (given the performace holds to traditional Samyang fashion.)

BernardW
Total Posts: 4

I believe the 24 t/s will be in the $700. plus range..... I saw a pre-order on B&H's website and now it's gone.

Gunzorro
Total Posts: 6464

That would be a terrific price, and far below what I guessed.

JohnBrose
Total Posts: 1766

I'm guessing $1000-$1300, I highly doubt it would be the roughly the same price as their 24mm 1.4. I hope the optical quality is great.

Yakim Peled
Total Posts: 16903

JohnBrose wrote:
I'm guessing $1000-$1300, I highly doubt it would be the roughly the same price as their 24mm 1.4. I hope the optical quality is great.

+1

BTW, yesterday I had a chance to try out the 14/2.8, the 24/1.4 and 35/1.4 on a crop body (60D). I was hugely impressed (save from the mushtach distortion in the 14/2.8).

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

bbasiaga
Total Posts: 507

So...when is the official announcement, including the cost?

-Brian

JohnBrose
Total Posts: 1766

Yakim, the distortion on the 14 is very correctable. I really enjoy my 35 and 14, I'm hoping their tilt-shift is great. I haven't heard a whole lot on their 24mm 1.4-which lends me to think it's not all that great. It seems like Samyang is a bit quick with their announcements vs. actual releases so we may have to wait a while on this lens. I'm thinking we'll see it in summer or next fall some time.

bbasiaga
Total Posts: 507

Ah. The teaser said at Photonika, i thought. Oh well. My gear cash is well depleted now anyway. Probably a good thing.

-Brian

Yakim Peled
Total Posts: 16903

JohnBrose wrote:
Yakim, the distortion on the 14 is very correctable.

I know. I was referring to SOOC pics.

JohnBrose wrote:
I haven't heard a whole lot on their 24mm 1.4-which lends me to think it's not all that great.

Looking at PZ and LT I conclude it's pretty good.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

vsg28
Total Posts: 1227

Available for pre-order in UK already: http://www.ukdigital.co.uk/samyang-t-s-24mm-f35-ed-as-umc-tilt-shift-lens-canon.html

999 pounds maybe hopefully translate to $999 here in USA.

David Baldwin
Total Posts: 2829

」999 !!!!

Good grief!

SimonGee
Total Posts: 6

PLEASE NOTE: THE PRICE HAS YET TO BE CONFIRMED AND NO BACKORDERS WILL BE HONOURED UNTIL SUCH AS TIME AS PRICING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.

there is still hope

1       2       3      
       end