#101 What's for Dinner?
/forum/topic/1145705/0

Tom Harpstead
Total Posts: 940

Ha, I bet you looked because you were thinking of BEEF. Well you were three letters right.

Thanks for looking.

oldrattler
Total Posts: 5127

Good one Tom

Tom Harpstead

oldrattler,

Thank you, they were also delicious. I had them washed and roasting in the oven soon after I shot the photo.

Tom

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3123

Nice shot, I never could get use to eating them, but they make a nice shot.

Norm

Tom Harpstead

Norm, Thank you for the compliment, I only eat the beets roasted, or the greens wilted with garlic. I know people that eat pickled beets, I have never done that twice.

Thomas

Theconejo
Total Posts: 18

Should roast them with potatoes and bacon, a weird hash that's really good! Or throw them in some soup. Or use them to color other foods like risotto or cakes. Beets are awesome and underrated. The golden ones are really sweet.

Sometimes if you make a salad you can julianne(cut into matchsticks) the beets and toss them with some of the dressing before making salad, which sort of quickly cooks them in the acid, like in ceviche. That is good too. The greens are ok, I'm not a huge fan.

Tuesday mornings I walk to a farmers market in downtown Chicago and I suppose you just inspired me to buy a lot of beets and do random things with them. Thanks.

Now if only my photography was good like my cooking.

Edit: as this is a photo forum I should have said nice shot, I like that you can see the layers of the beet.

Pete A
Total Posts: 585

A salad has to contain beetroot. I like the image but I'd rather eat the food. No offence, I'm just a pig!

gregfountain
Total Posts: 6552

Yum! I'm thinking roasted beat salad with micro greens and some goat cheese! Nice!

Greg

Tom Harpstead

Theconejo, Pete A & gregfountain, I will have to try the julienne beets in salads. I do like to eat my beets raw. Goat cheese would be great as well. Thanks for the comments.

Foggy14
Total Posts: 932

Nicely done Tom; love the colors!

Tom Harpstead

Foggy14, Thank you.