Fall Color 2012
/forum/topic/1145323/3

1       2       3      
       5              18       19       end

Matt Anderson
Total Posts: 1099

saaketham wrote:
JimFox wrote:Hey Anil, remember last year all the colors were later than normal...

Oh .. so the weekend of 22nd is the best time. Darn it .. my gf's orchestra has a performance on that very date. Gaah.

If your girlfriends schedule is interfering with your photographic passion, it's time to move on.
Next thing you know a 9-5, kids, mortgage, and many other things will pile on.
One day you'll be overwhelmed, frustrated, possibly angry, and desperate to find that which was right there in the beginning... a cup of life that you hadn't filled to the rim with obligations, commitments, and status quo "necessities".

If you like, I could save you from all that. It requires one plane ticket and a decent beer. I'll fly out and slap you good, knocking you out of the hypnotic trance that starts it all....

coferg
Total Posts: 122

Hats - Yes! Hey Fred - we need a 'hat design' contest! But in the meantime, I'll be hangin around with my Denver Zoo cap. Good Shooting everyone. -Jim

JimFox
Total Posts: 37267

Matt Anderson wrote:
saaketham wrote:
JimFox wrote:Hey Anil, remember last year all the colors were later than normal...

Oh .. so the weekend of 22nd is the best time. Darn it .. my gf's orchestra has a performance on that very date. Gaah.

If your girlfriends schedule is interfering with your photographic passion, it's time to move on.
One day you'll be overwhelmed, frustrated, possibly angry, and desperate to find that which was right there in the beginning... a cup of life that you hadn't filled to the rim with obligations, commitments, and status quo "necessities".

If you like, I could save you from all that. It requires one plane ticket and a decent beer. I'll fly out and slap you good, knocking you out of the hypnotic trance that starts it all....

Hey Anil.... Matt speaks very sound advice here... any man who would consider going to listen to a girlfriends orchestra compared to the orchestra of nature with the fall colors... you need an intervention... I will be there with Matt to save you before it's too late....

Jim

JimFox

garyroach wrote:
I'll be in Colorado 9/16 - 9/28 from RMNP to Telluride. I'm sure there will be plenty of FMers there. We need hats or something.

Ha ha... yeah... there were some hats... or was it pins that Fred had done years and years ago. I never got one, but I know some of the old old oldtimers like Sunny have them...

Hats are a great idea... as long as they are good Baseball type hats and not some dorky looking hat...

garyroach
Total Posts: 1958

I'd vote for an unstructured baseball hat. Maybe an FM logo like the TW logo on Tiger Woods hat. Or some sort of round patch sewn onto the hat. And the design on the hat could change every few years like Patagonia changes the design on their t-shirts.

Just killin time speculating on hats til my flight to Colorado. But, it would be nice to have an FM hat.

saaketham
Total Posts: 5656

Matt / Jim ... ...

WAYCOOL
Total Posts: 2421

JimFox wrote:
Matt Anderson wrote:
saaketham wrote:

Hey Anil.... Matt speaks very sound advice here... any man who would consider going to listen to a girlfriends orchestra compared to the orchestra of nature with the fall colors... you need an intervention... I will be there with Matt to save you before it's too late....

Jim

You guys are fighting a losing battle. In "A man needs a Maid" Niel Young sings
" I was thinking that
maybe I'd get a maid
Find a place nearby
for her to stay.
Just someone
to keep my house clean,
Fix my meals and go away.

A maid. A man needs a maid. A maid."

but the song ends with "When will I see you again?" Seems this companionship girlfriend thing just can't be avoided seems we need more than just a maid.

saaketham

I wonder how some of those guys over there in the desert handle 4 wives.

Bsmooth
Total Posts: 915

Well here in New England, I saw a few "traces" of color in Vermont last weekend. I hate to say this, but with the weather we've had here this summer, I don't think were going to get a lot of color this year, very much like last year. I sure do hope I'm wrong though.

JimFox

saaketham wrote:
I wonder how some of those guys over there in the desert handle 4 wives.

Yeah, I can't imagine... That many would drive a man insane...

JimFox

WAYCOOL wrote:
JimFox wrote:
Matt Anderson wrote:
saaketham wrote:

Jim

You guys are fighting a losing battle. In "A man needs a Maid" Niel Young sings
" I was thinking that
maybe I'd get a maid
Find a place nearby
for her to stay.
Just someone
to keep my house clean,
Fix my meals and go away.

A maid. A man needs a maid. A maid."

but the song ends with "When will I see you again?" Seems this companionship girlfriend thing just can't be avoided seems we need more than just a maid.

Now, there is truth to that...

saaketham

So is Colorado useless for fall colors after the weekend of Sep 22nd?

garyroach

We see photos of hillsides with stands of aspen already turned yellow. Are these areas just a small part of the stands that have yet to turn or are they representative of all the stands? Thanks.

ckcarr
Total Posts: 5536

garyroach wrote:
We see photos of hillsides with stands of aspen already turned yellow. Are these areas just a small part of the stands that have yet to turn or are they representative of all the stands? Thanks.

Small bits. I was just in the mountains two days ago. There are small stands turning, but not everything. However, that will happen fast, when it does. They are all interconnected. Probably within the next 10 days... Snooze ya lose...

garyroach

I fly out Sunday. Can't wait to get there.

JimFox

saaketham wrote:
So is Colorado useless for fall colors after the weekend of Sep 22nd?

Not useless, but the Bells will probably be gone or right at peak then. I would think that there would still be color in other parts. Will you not be able to make it there till the 28th? I am sure a bunch of us will still be floating around then, we all just need to keep updated on where the color is popping at.

Jim

Steve Shinn
Total Posts: 425

Just got back from Breckenridge, the Aspens are going into their show very nicely.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=16456438&size=lg

You should have a fine time!

ckcarr
Total Posts: 5536

Well, I just got a call a few minutes ago from a friend in Crested Butte who said all the hotels are filled with leaf peepers and the colors are really turning right now. He's not a photographer so his definition may not be ours, but something is happening.

This is Crested Butte the morning of 09-15-2012 my friend took with his iPhone...

mco_970
Total Posts: 5280

Happy snap of the color between Durango and Silverton (view of Molas Pass) from my color scouting drive today.

garyroach

Thanks for the report Michelle. Looks great. I'll be in Denver tomorrow and Ouray/Telluride later in the week. Did you drive from Silverton to Ouray? That part of the Million Dollar Highway would scare the bejezus out of me!

1       2       3      
       5              18       19       end