#516 What male hasn't forgotten this at least once?
/forum/topic/1142805/0

normsmith
Total Posts: 4010

Changed entry.

At least he remembered the toilet seat

Norm

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3774

A relic for sure Norm, I recognize that computer, my grandfather was really interested in computers when they first came out in the late 50's, and followed them through the early '90's, pretty sure he had more than one of these and I remember learning to type on it. nice entry.

normsmith

Travis Rhoads wrote:
A relic for sure Norm, I recognize that computer, my grandfather was really interested in computers when they first came out in the late 50's, and followed them through the early '90's, pretty sure he had more than one of these and I remember learning to type on it. nice entry.

Thanks Travis,

My first personal computer was a Kaypro II in about 1982 or 83. I can barely remember how it worked. We've come a long way Baby!
Norm

Travis Rhoads

HA! WE had one of those too! Gray case and a blue keyboard that attached to the front of the case/screen...looked like a big giant steel suitcase...weighed more than I did as a kid.

Tom Harpstead
Total Posts: 941

Norm and Travis, I may have both of you beat. My first computer was a TRS-80, storage was a cassette tape, the 90 minute ones held 50% more data than the 60 minutes ones. The next computer I had used 5 1/4 floppies. I did work in a lab that had a computer with the 8 inch floppies as storage.

Yes we have come a long way!

normsmith

Tom Harpstead wrote:
Norm and Travis, I may have both of you beat. My first computer was a TRS-80, storage was a cassette tape, the 90 minute ones held 50% more data than the 60 minutes ones. The next computer I had used 5 1/4 floppies. I did work in a lab that had a computer with the 8 inch floppies as storage.

Yes we have come a long way!

Yep, the TRS-80 was released in August 1977. While I didn't own the computer I fed data too a mainframe in the late 60's, Put the data on punch cards, put them in the computer at night, pick up the results the next morning, only to find I made a mistake and the whole thing was a mess. Damn thing didn't know how to divide by zero.

Pete A
Total Posts: 585

Nice image, Norm. You say you don't miss it but back then I bet you loved it.

normsmith

Pete A wrote:
Nice image, Norm. You say you don't miss it but back then I bet you loved it.

You are right Pete, But, I have changed the entry. Less memorable more embarrassing and humorous
Norm

Travis Rhoads

Now that is funny Norm!

normsmith

Travis Rhoads wrote:
Now that is funny Norm!

I don't think I want to say what inspired this shot
Norm