Canon Celebrates Production Of 80 Million EF Lenses
/forum/topic/1142551/1

end

TeddytheFinger
Total Posts: 126

I for one would like a blowup of that picture....you know for my desktop background or to use it as a pick up line!

Gochugogi
Total Posts: 9872

EB-1 wrote:
Most are cheapies and so many others are decentered or defective in some way. I wonder if Canon ever made a million lenses that were sharp in the corners.

EBH

The funny thing is I spend much of my PP reducing peripheral sharpness and adding vignettes. Nothing uglier than an image sharp from corner to corner...

Haha, if all 80mill were all built to L class or better materials and design, 79 million would still be sitting in warehouses since only successful pro photogs and well-heeled gentleman amateurs could afford to buy them. All those el cheap products pay for the R&D of the premium products few people buy.

davidmarsh
Total Posts: 140

At the prices Canon charge, you'd think that would make them one of the richest organisations in the world!!

rantonishak
Total Posts: 926

Staring a that image makes me a little dizzy....

Hey, you know what... pehaps Canon 1Dx replacement might be called the 1Dz....

1Dz (dizzy)... ah, forget it....

My apologies for the sorry a__ joke..

Congrats Canon !!!!!

Sincerely,
Randal

jcolwell
Total Posts: 21594

Canon Celebrates Production Of 80 Million EF Lenses

Wow! I own 0.00002% of them.

PetKal
Total Posts: 24864

When glancing at the topic initially, not wearing my reading glasses, I misread the title as "Canon calibrates.....80 Million EF lenses", I became so overcome by intense emotion, that I dropped onto my knees and began to thank my dear lord who could make all miracles happen.

vsg28
Total Posts: 1227

PetKal wrote:
When glancing at the topic initially, not wearing my reading glasses, I misread the title as "Canon calibrates.....80 Million EF lenses", I became so overcome by intense emotion, that I dropped onto my knees and began to thank my dear lord who could make all miracles happen.

Beni
Total Posts: 8542

PetKal wrote:

EB-1
Total Posts: 22909

Time for new glasses.
There is no way that CANON calibrates a fraction of those lenses.

EBH

phuang3
Total Posts: 1228

Sure, canon should celebrate. Unfortunately, EF lenses are getting more and more expensive, even non-L lenses like 28/2.8 or 24/2.8 has reached $700 mark. They are usually between 300~400.

end