#512 Hollywood Bank
/forum/topic/1135426/0

Strad
Total Posts: 9570

This is the big bank building on the corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue, about a half block away from the famous Grauman's Chinese Theater. i shot it the other day but those of you who live in Southern California will immediately recognize that the clouds don't belong to late July in LA - where no clouds exist. Those were shot al little earlier in the year. Artistically, though it works a lot better. I hope you don't mind. If I have time to shoot something better, I will but for now, this will have to do.

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3151

Really nice shot , the cloudy background adds to the shot.

Norm

James Markus
Total Posts: 4419

Hey Endre - how are you doing? So that is where our bail out money went... I really like all the details/carvings/gargoyles etc on the facade.

twistedlim
Total Posts: 3127

Great contrasting colors. I like the perspective and crop as well.

Strad

Thanks so much, Norm! I'm always happy when you like something of mine!.

All the best,

Endre

Hightraxx wrote:
Really nice shot , the cloudy background adds to the shot.

Norm

Strad

Thanks, Jim, my friend! I'm so happy you like it. This building has been there in Hollywood for decades. I think most or the bailout money has been paid back. It the "stimulus" that disappeared into bankrupt companies like Solyndra that we have to worry about.

I hope all is well with you and your huge brood.

Fond regards,

Endre

James Markus wrote:
Hey Endre - how are you doing? So that is where our bail out money went... I really like all the details/carvings/gargoyles etc on the facade.

Strad

Thanks, so much! I'm so glad you like it!

All best wishes,

Endre

twistedlim wrote:
Great contrasting colors. I like the perspective and crop as well.

TweakMDS
Total Posts: 240

Endre,

You did a great job on this one! I'm a fan of dark blue skies anyway, but I agree with the above posters that the contrast in tones is really good here. It simply exerts a cool white harsh sunlight feeling.

~Michael

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1466

A pretty piece of architecture, and the mix of clouds and sky complement it well. There's so little true "white" in clouds that it doesn't overwhelm or obscure the white of the building itself...
Jerry

Strad

Thank you, Michael! I'm really happy that you like it. I appreciate your kind comments.

All the best,

Endre

TweakMDS wrote:
Endre,

You did a great job on this one! I'm a fan of dark blue skies anyway, but I agree with the above posters that the contrast in tones is really good here. It simply exerts a cool white harsh sunlight feeling.

~Michael

Strad

Thanks so much, Jerry! I find that interesting clouds and sky almost never overwhelm a subject. I'm glad you like it.

All best wishes,

Endre

Tenn.Jer wrote:
A pretty piece of architecture, and the mix of clouds and sky complement it well. There's so little true "white" in clouds that it doesn't overwhelm or obscure the white of the building itself...
Jerry