5D3 back to $3500 at B&H. Strange...
/forum/topic/1135139/2

1       2      
       end

StarNut
Total Posts: 1631

I cannot believe the time and energy so many here put into daily fluctuations of a few percent in the price of this camera.

ronno
Total Posts: 452

Where I am there are a bunch of used and minty 5D2s for around $1500. They are super low priced for used ones now. But that might be because I am in LA, and there are millions of them around because of all the indy film makers here.

(and yes StarNuts, I would gladly take a $250 discount on a Mark III.)

timbop
Total Posts: 6346

StarNut wrote:
I cannot believe the time and energy so many here put into daily fluctuations of a few percent in the price of this camera.

Why don't you read the 10+ threads on the M, or maybe all the threads on what lens to take to X Then there's the 30 page thread with the same complaints repeated ad nauseum. There are certainly not a whole lot of interesting discussions on Fred Miranda lately.

Imagemaster
Total Posts: 34456

StarNut wrote:

Ditto. What is so strange about it? Prices go up and down on everything, everywhere, and every day.

BluesWest
Total Posts: 782

There are certainly not a whole lot of interesting discussions on Fred Miranda lately.

Yes, this photo forum has devolved into just another version of DPR or POTN. Very disappointing...

John

thinkpadfans
Total Posts: 930

Cphoto1954 wrote:
I'm holding off my purchase until 2014.

you can buy from here, it is confirmed to be legit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body-NEW-/150811558362?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item231d11c1da

But I am sure in a year's time the price on flea market is going to be around 2500-2700

James Taylor
Total Posts: 726

timbop wrote:
James Taylor wrote:
Well that's a bummer. I was thinking I would order one this weekend at 3350.00. Now what to do? I can get by without it for a few weeks (have a MKII), but as soon as my next paying job comes around I will want a backup.

I was thinking the same thing, but now - they can eat it at $3500. Used mk2's will stay down, so I will just keeping shooting with mine. I can wait them out; as long as people don't buy then they will have to cut it to a reasonable price considering the competition

Did you get one yet?

kevinsullivan
Total Posts: 1766

I was happy enough to get one for $3100 net from me from one of the guys selling them on ebay, but who preferred to sell through FM for obvious reasons. It was brand new. Not too bad given the prices from the major dealers.

RobertLynn
Total Posts: 11583

There was a recent $100 rebate on a lens i wanted. Well, they came out with $150 rebate...

The lens is still the same damn price?!

I'm not good at math but some minus $100 and that same price minus $150 should yield a different answer...not the same!

timbop
Total Posts: 6346

RobertLynn wrote:
There was a recent $100 rebate on a lens i wanted. Well, they came out with $150 rebate...

The lens is still the same damn price?!

I'm not good at math but some minus $100 and that same price minus $150 should yield a different answer...not the same!

yeah, the "quick rebates" this month appear to simply mask another price hike...

1       2      
       end