Fujifilm discontinues two professional Velvia films
/forum/topic/1133409/0

Fred Miranda
Total Posts: 17712

Fujifilm Professional is stopping production of its Fujichrome Velvia 100F in 35mm, 120 and 4x5 formats, and Velvia 50 in 4x5 and 8x10. However, Velvia 50 will continue to be distributed in 35mm and 120 formats.

From Fujifilm Professional:
"Due to decreasing demand globally we have to announce the withdrawal of some formats of Velvia 100F and Velvia 50," says Gabriel Da Costa, product manager for professional film. "It is an unfortunate consequence of digital capture that some of the slower selling silver-halide lines will drop off the radar. Fujifilm will continue to manufacture a wide range of film, and the increasing support for our Choose Film group illustrates there is still a passion for film photography throughout the world."

Read more on the British Journal of Photography page.

JeffG
Total Posts: 915

the end of an era. loved my velvia for landscape

Keith Sheridan
Total Posts: 355

I haven't shot a frame of film since 2004, but still this makes me sad. I know I am not helping the caused though.

StillFingerz
Total Posts: 3335

Still shoot with Velvia, even tho they are keeping 35mm around, best stock up, can't be long before it's gone, sad news indeed

n210s
Total Posts: 229

velvia!! RIP!

andyjaggy82
Total Posts: 1303

I just bought a few rolls of 35mm velvia for kicks, had a sudden urge to shoot a few rolls of film. Maybe I should stock up for the future. IF anything it could be a good investment opportunity, buy the rolls now for 7 bucks and sell them for 15 down the road a few years.