1       2      
       4              18       19       end

Sr.Cordeiro
Total Posts: 222

FlyPenFly wrote:
Sr.Cordeiro wrote:
FlyPenFly wrote:
A 35mm macro?

If it was a 1" sensor that would be a sensible 60mm macro.

If it's confirmed that it will have a 1" sensor mFT can be officially declared as the king of mirrorless systems.

Right up until Sony announces the Sony Zeiss ZA 35mm F2 Makro Planar for E-Mount.

If it's with the size and price tag of the current Zeiss ZA 24mm I don't think so.

phigment
Total Posts: 170

Well, I'm not exactly sure where the 43mm filter thread is located on this, but if we assume it's the interior ring just inside the lettering, then we can transfer measurements from one image to the other and it looks like the sensor is approx 18mm wide... so 2X crop.
(note: this is only approximate because it is a little difficult to make measurements of small images that are not perpendicular to the image plane)

benee
Total Posts: 1764

Here's what confuses me..

If this were a consumer-oriented camera, why would they bundle it with a prime lens?

Also, (hard to tell), but is there a pop-up flash or not? Again, if this is consumer oriented, it needs a pop-up flash.

OTOH, the lack of a viewfinder and lack of control dials scream consumer-oriented.

FlyPenFly
Total Posts: 6418

Sr.Cordeiro wrote:
FlyPenFly wrote:
Sr.Cordeiro wrote:
FlyPenFly wrote:
A 35mm macro?

If it was a 1" sensor that would be a sensible 60mm macro.

If it's confirmed that it will have a 1" sensor mFT can be officially declared as the king of mirrorless systems.

Right up until Sony announces the Sony Zeiss ZA 35mm F2 Makro Planar for E-Mount.

If it's with the size and price tag of the current Zeiss ZA 24mm I don't think so.

off topic but sure it will, Sony can barely make enough of the ZA 24mm as it is. There's extremely high demand for compact prime Zeiss autofocus lenses.

phigment

benee wrote:
Again, if this is consumer oriented, it needs a pop-up flash.

Low end sony NEX have no pop up flash.. but a detachable one is included in the box.

FlyPenFly

benee wrote:

If this were a consumer-oriented camera, why would they bundle it with a prime lens?

Also, (hard to tell), but is there a pop-up flash or not? Again, if this is consumer oriented, it needs a pop-up flash.

OTOH, the lack of a viewfinder and lack of control dials scream consumer-oriented.

Consumer MFT cameras are very often bundled with pancake primes.

mawz
Total Posts: 7854

FlyPenFly wrote:
benee wrote:

Consumer MFT cameras are very often bundled with pancake primes.

And the Sony 16 was also a kit lens. A wide or wide normal pancake is de rigeur for a mirrorless system, every current one has at least one. And a 22/2 is a heck of a lot better choice than the 16 Sony went with.

mawz
Total Posts: 7854

FlyPenFly wrote:
Sr.Cordeiro wrote:
FlyPenFly wrote:

off topic but sure it will, Sony can barely make enough of the ZA 24mm as it is. There's extremely high demand for compact prime Zeiss autofocus lenses.

That won't happen anyways, Sony already does a 30/3.5 Macro for E system, they won't bring out a second one so close. I'm expecting a 35/1.8 based on the A mount optics and something longer in a ZA (I'd kill for a ZA E 50/1.4 Sonnar)

benee
Total Posts: 1764

^^^^ thanks guys for the info. I'm obviously not up to speed on all of the mirrorless offerings. A kit prime is apparently not that unusual.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15627

Can't someone do some clever measurements of the hotshoe and resolve these issues once and for all?

phigment

Hotshoe is approx 18.7mm wide (inside edge to inside edge).

(woops... I had a scale wrong.. looks like its 16.25mm outside to outside of hotshoe).

aleksanderpolo
Total Posts: 880

It looks bigger than m4/3 sensor if compare with the size of the hotshoe. I am guessing APSC. So it will come with a 35/2.8 eq lens huh

RCicala
Total Posts: 2925

It looks exactly like a "Let's be absolutely certain no one who might buy an SLR buys this instead" camera design.

Sr.Cordeiro

Here, I've taken some quick and rough measures:

redisburning
Total Posts: 1094

Im surprised the company that made their established pro lenses not compatible with their new mount even via adapter with reduced functionality would play it so safe.

Sr.Cordeiro

Updated with camera size:

Looks like it's a APS-C sensor after all.

phigment

Sr.Cordeiro wrote:
Updated with camera size:

Looks like it's a APS-C sensor after all.

Where did you get the dimension?
I estimate more like 2X. This is based on the 43mm filter thread. Then obtain lens barrel diameter from the picture with the lens. Transfer the barrel diameter onto the image of the camera without lens.

This then gives us about 18mm wide sensor.

FlyPenFly

Don't you have to account for perspective distortion?

phigment

FlyPenFly wrote:
Don't you have to account for perspective distortion?

yes.. that's why this would all be approximate.
I tried to account for perspective distortion by take the closest part of the image and measuring only dimensions that lie parallel to the axis of rotation.

Sr.Cordeiro

Where did you get the dimension?
I estimate more like 2X. This is based on the 43mm filter thread. Then obtain lens barrel diameter from the picture with the lens. Transfer the barrel diameter onto the image of the camera without lens.

This then gives us about 18mm wide sensor.

I worked with the reference of a 2cm hotshoe. I made it real quick since I'm at work and it's difficult to do precise measurements on such a low-res file.
So take this merely as rough measurements.

1       2      
       4              18       19       end