Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images
/forum/topic/1133311/2

1       2      
       4              17       18       end

john_edwards
Total Posts: 1899

Lets hope that the little red button on the upper right rear isn't a video button. Because if it is you will be frustrated as your thumb keeps hitting it to start recording when that was not your intention. Ask any NEX newby, we know.

jonrock
Total Posts: 444

john_edwards wrote:
Lets hope that the little red button on the upper right rear isn't a video button. Because if it is you will be frustrated as your thumb keeps hitting it to start recording when that was not your intention. Ask any NEX newby, we know.

I haven't hit mine that often on my Sony Nex 5N. However, they Nex 7 users complain about it all the time. Unfortunately, the little red button is almost always the video button.

ultrapix
Total Posts: 646

No VF at all?

cputeq
Total Posts: 4657

jonrock wrote:
john_edwards wrote:

I haven't hit mine that often on my Sony Nex 5N. .

My condolences. You must not have thumbs! At least this red button seems to be on the "wrong" side of a thumb rest, which is good.

As for sensor size, this doesn't look like APS-C to me. Looks like ~2.2x to me, ala quasi-Nikon V1.

Overall - boring. I rented and tried to like the V1, but the ergonomics and complete lack of grip were huge turnoffs (and the lack of controls). They're fun to use as teleconverters, I guess.

jerrykur
Total Posts: 4250

Add me to the list of people that have an issue with the lack of a viewfinder. To me having a viewfinder is a major criteria for separating a P&S from an enthusiast/pro camera. To me the lack of viewfinder is reason enough not to buy a compact camera.

Valder
Total Posts: 946

I was hoping for a EOS IX style body with a viewfinder.

StillFingerz
Total Posts: 3205

jerrykur wrote:
Add me to the list of people that have an issue with the lack of a viewfinder. To me having a viewfinder is a major criteria for separating a P&S from an enthusiast/pro camera. To me the lack of viewfinder is reason enough not to buy a compact camera.

+!
I've recently picked up a G12 and it's viewfinder leaves much to be desired, it's kinda usable (coughs), I don't really like focusing with an LCD; LiveView on occasion for macro.with my crop bodies. It replaced an old A95 that developed a purple LCD, it's okay, don't use it much, not like I'd hoped...

Guess 40+ yrs with real viewfinders just spoils, love both my T90 and EOS-3 viewfinders.
My 40D and 50D viewfinders are quite usable, but I suppose I'm doomed to FF
My mitts are to big for tiny gears and my mid fifties geekoid eyes are...

bigrob
Total Posts: 82

Looks too much like a G series.

I want FF and something that looks retro.

brad_s
Total Posts: 1130

good catch the picture is suspect

omarlyn wrote:
Hmmm...a 'center-pinch' cap...that ought to quench some of the 'cap collectors'.

Omar

omarlyn
Total Posts: 4066

Valder wrote:

bigrob wrote:
Looks too much like a G series.

I want FF and something that looks retro.

Something like this perhaps?

(Image courtesy of Wikipedia)

This was Canon's APS-C FILM camera from the 90's...it was a good concept (I thought) but it was a complete sales failure...image format marketed towards point & shoot crowd but camera had high cost of profesional bodies! Still, if they take that same concept and apply to an upscale mirrorless...maybe?

Omar

Gochugogi
Total Posts: 9543

Valder wrote:

Maybe it has accessory VFs like Oly 4/3 system. Love the Oly VF-1 bright line optical finder.

I still have my EOS IX APS. Beautiful little camera with stainless steel body panels. Terrible VF: the worse I have ever used in a SLR.

merv.carr
Total Posts: 129

Re: the G12, I love mine as a carry around camera, took about 450 shots in Scotland recently touring around, my 5D would have been a pita to carry around all the time

jerrykur
Total Posts: 4250

Gochugogi wrote:
Valder wrote:

Maybe it has accessory VFs like Oly 4/3 system. Love the Oly VF-1 bright line optical finder.

I am hoping for a great EVF. Panasonic has some pretty good ones, but I bet Canon could do better.

kewlcanon
Total Posts: 4404

I don't mind if it doesn't have EVF, I've used Fuji FD50, E-PL1, and E-P3 without any issues. These kind of cameras are 'fun' cameras for me.

M Lucca
Total Posts: 1040

That one ugly thing. I want an AE-1 digital!!!

Olympus is cleaning house with their OM-D.

OntheRez
Total Posts: 2799

Let's see: (1) Compatible with EF mount? No. (2) Significantly larger sensor? Unclear, but most likely not. (3) OVF or EVF? No. (4) Price? ?? (5) Physical size, i.e. fits in pocket? Not definitive, but likely No. (6) Some sort of amazing IQ in small format? ?? (I can't imagine what it would take to put FF in a compact mirror-less camera.)

So based upon rumor I get 4 no's and 2 ?. Having just purchased a Panny GX1with kit lens for <$500USD, I'm not all that worried that I'll regret it. Seems as if Canon is yet again, late to the game and not impressive. A company can only trade on the prestige of its name for so long (Leica excepted . Eventually it has to provide a compelling reason for new users to sign on and current users to stay with the brand. Canon has recently produced 2 nice - though maybe not compelling - new models at extreme price points. Oh, I forgot the Ti4/6XXD. Anything compelling about it?

Canon is fun (in a sick sort of way) to watch as it fumbles away its massive sales lead to not only Nikon but upstarts like Sony and Oly. As the old Laugh-in used to close: "Interesting, but not very funny."

Robert

deepbluejh
Total Posts: 6884

Anyone who treats a camera as a fashion accessory is a tool and poseur. Who cares what it *looks* like so long as it's functional?

My thoughts... it looks like a stripped down P&S with a big, fat lens mount. Interesting idea to keep it so small. EF lenses are sure going to look wonky on this.

deepbluejh

OntheRez wrote:
Let's see: (1) Compatible with EF mount? No. (2) Significantly larger sensor? Unclear, but most likely not. (3) OVF or EVF? No. (4) Price? ?? (5) Physical size, i.e. fits in pocket? Not definitive, but likely No. (6) Some sort of amazing IQ in small format? ?? (I can't imagine what it would take to put FF in a compact mirror-less camera.)

So based upon rumor I get 4 no's and 2 ?. Having just purchased a Panny GX1with kit lens for <$500USD, I'm not all that worried that I'll regret it. Seems as if Canon is yet again, late to the game and not impressive. A company can only trade on the prestige of its name for so long (Leica excepted . Eventually it has to provide a compelling reason for new users to sign on and current users to stay with the brand. Canon has recently produced 2 nice - though maybe not compelling - new models at extreme price points. Oh, I forgot the Ti4/6XXD. Anything compelling about it?

Canon is fun (in a sick sort of way) to watch as it fumbles away its massive sales lead to not only Nikon but upstarts like Sony and Oly. As the old Laugh-in used to close: "Interesting, but not very funny."

Robert

There will be an EF adapter for it, guaranteed.

Significantly larger sensor than what? It's larger than 4/3rd format.

Physical size? This thing looks absolutely tiny. Maybe even too small.

Sounds to me like you're just trying to justify your own purchase. Not that I care... just sayin'

Jon Joshua
Total Posts: 522

EF lens with adapter? Perhaps with an external battery pack.

deepbluejh

Jon Joshua wrote:
EF lens with adapter? Perhaps with an external battery pack.

Exactly what do you think the new 40mm pancake is for? They sure as heck didn't make it for their DSLRs (although it will work with them).

1       2      
       4              17       18       end