jctriguy wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:
n0b0 wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:
I want just two things from this.

1) EVF
2) good sensor

And Im pretty sure it wont have it.

Well, my crystal ball says it'll have an EVF mounted on the hotshoe and a pretty good sensor. Let's see whose crystal ball is more accurate.

Seems my crystal ball was correct.

No EVF. No focus peaking (just hope it has at least magnification). No built-in flash (these things are not that useful for flash itself, but can be used for activating another flash). Slow AF. Not exactly great ergonomics (that movie button is serious WTF, like in NEX-7 or NX20 etc. is apparent that certain asian companies cant do anything else than "copy this"). Crappy old sensor (sure same is in 7D, but 7D has quite a bit better AA and CFA, this wont have..).

And costs almost 800 USD.

Good riddance Canon.. Mwhaahaha.

Sounds like you were only half right on this one and the no EVF was obvious from the pics and rumor specs. Nice selective reading on your part. Or are you going to say that the sensor being apsc from the newest canon dslr is a bad sensor?

And only half-right here also: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1134140/0

Question was using EF lens on different body. It can be used on NEX if you dont mind loosing AF. Stabilisation and aperture is retained. And manual focus with NEX is easiest of all mirrorless, thats why its used so much for alternative lens.

jctriguy
Total Posts: 1148

Mescalamba wrote:
jctriguy wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:
n0b0 wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:

1) EVF
2) good sensor

Well, my crystal ball says it'll have an EVF mounted on the hotshoe and a pretty good sensor. Let's see whose crystal ball is more accurate.

No EVF. No focus peaking (just hope it has at least magnification). No built-in flash (these things are not that useful for flash itself, but can be used for activating another flash). Slow AF. Not exactly great ergonomics (that movie button is serious WTF, like in NEX-7 or NX20 etc. is apparent that certain asian companies cant do anything else than "copy this"). Crappy old sensor (sure same is in 7D, but 7D has quite a bit better AA and CFA, this wont have..).

Sounds like you were only half right on this one and the no EVF was obvious from the pics and rumor specs. Nice selective reading on your part. Or are you going to say that the sensor being apsc from the newest canon dslr is a bad sensor?

Kidding right? Its 3 years old sensor from 2009, first used in 7D (tho that one in EOS-M pretty surely doesnt have that good CFA or AA). Not exactly competition to Sony 16 mpix APS-C .. or even that m4/3 in OM-D EM-5.

Care to add your source for the lack of a good CFA or AA filter? Seems like my 7D 'crappy' sensor still takes exceptional images and lots of working pros are taking great shots with this ancient crappy technology.

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 3150

jctriguy wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:
jctriguy wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:
n0b0 wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:

1) EVF
2) good sensor

Kidding right? Its 3 years old sensor from 2009, first used in 7D (tho that one in EOS-M pretty surely doesnt have that good CFA or AA). Not exactly competition to Sony 16 mpix APS-C .. or even that m4/3 in OM-D EM-5.

Care to add your source for the lack of a good CFA or AA filter? Seems like my 7D 'crappy' sensor still takes exceptional images and lots of working pros are taking great shots with this ancient crappy technology.

DxOmark - check metamerism index 7D vs 60D and 600D. Canon always equips lower range dSLRs with bit worse CFAs/AAs. Thats why 1DsMK3 and 5DMK2 is close in IQ, but not identical. Sometimes its enough, sometimes not.

Panasonic GF-1 can take great images too. Thats not point, point is that its behind competition and a lot. You can take great photo with old 1Ds if you choose to (actually theres one guy on alt forum that does exactly that).

And so far I saw only one guy on this forum taking really exceptional photos with 7D. He would be most likely able to do same with anything tho, cause its not camera, its him.

Judging by 500px or Flickr, I would say most ppl still use 5DMK2 or 5Dc. 7D seems to be minority..

jctriguy

Mescalamba wrote:
Judging by 500px or Flickr, I would say most ppl still use 5DMK2 or 5Dc. 7D seems to be minority..

Guess that seals the deal. I'll bow to your substantial evidence and sell all my shitty old canon gear and get a sony sensor.

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 3150

jctriguy wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:

Guess that seals the deal. I'll bow to your substantial evidence and sell all my shitty old canon gear and get a sony sensor.

No need to. If you like your 7D and results you are able to do with it, just keep using it, why not? Thats not whats this is about..

jctriguy

Mescalamba wrote:
jctriguy wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:

No need to. If you like your 7D and results you are able to do with it, just keep using it, why not? Thats not whats this is about..

Sorry, was making a joke about your use of flickr and 500px as a way of determining the popularity or professional use of different camera equipment.

I already know that in a vast majority of cases a single piece of equipement isn't what makes a difference. In Canon's case it appears to be the strength of their overall system that sustains their position in the camera world.

UCSB
Total Posts: 4338

Here is Amazon's list of the EOS M and all of the lenses and accessories.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_364217242_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000819211&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=auto-sparkle&pf_rd_r=737B4760E9564FAC9BD0&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1385642802&pf_rd_i=canon%20eos%20m

n0b0
Total Posts: 5654

Mescalamba wrote:
Nice example of selective reading. Just read what you want and ignore rest, right? Well, you are obviously lost case of Canon fanboy. Grats to that.

Good luck with waiting for EVF, I think it would be hilarious if they really did that. EVF bolted on hotshoe (= no flash at all) with cable running to that miniHDMI connector. Yea neat solution.

Dont bother with response, cause seriously I dont care if you have something to say or not from now on.

You can talk. I don't see you replying to my post about 7D.

As far as I know, only Samsung NX20 has a built in EVF, which makes it basically a mirrorless DSLR. Everyone else uses a hotshoe mounted EVF, so I don't know what's so hilarious about that.

Yakim Peled
Total Posts: 16903

Mescalamba wrote:
jctriguy wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:
n0b0 wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:

1) EVF
2) good sensor

It's not the 7D (60D/600D) sensor. It's the 650D's sensor which has a new design despite having the same MP.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

EOS20
Total Posts: 13638

Dpreview have updated their preview:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/07/24/canon_eos_m_preview_updated

Imagemaster
Total Posts: 34507

EOS20 wrote:
Dpreview have updated their preview:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/07/24/canon_eos_m_preview_updated

Some update.

John Shultz
Total Posts: 238

EOS20 wrote:
From TDP:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EOS-M-Camera-Review.aspx

I'm confused by this post. Why do these images look nothing like the EOS-M? The body says 600D so either I'm an idiot or the pics are unrelated...

SKumar25
Total Posts: 1906

John Shultz wrote:
EOS20 wrote:
From TDP:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EOS-M-Camera-Review.aspx

I'm confused by this post. Why do these images look nothing like the EOS-M? The body says 600D so either I'm an idiot or the pics are unrelated...

Look carefully, there is an EOS-M is in each picture!

"The Canon EOS M in front of and under the Canon EOS Rebel T4i/650D:"

John Shultz
Total Posts: 238

hahah, wow I'm an idiot. that thing is small!

S Dilworth
Total Posts: 484

John Shultz wrote:
that thing is small!

It is very small, but it's not as small as that comparison suggests. As carstenw pointed out here, the scaling is wrong.

There's a better comparison here (scroll down), immune to bad maths.

EOS20
Total Posts: 13638

EOS M And 800 L:

http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/canon-eos-m-ef-800-f5-6l-is/

CW100
Total Posts: 4466

EOS20 wrote:
EOS M And 800 L:

http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/canon-eos-m-ef-800-f5-6l-is/

1       2       3              17      
       end