#99 The Shade
/forum/topic/1133232/0

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3881

This is a Bronze replica of Auguste Rodin's "The Shade". It was donated by the French Government to the Woodruff Arts Center and later the High Museum here in Atlanta. It is part of a monument/memorial to the 120 Atlanta Art Association members who died in what at the time was the worst plane crash in history, in Orly France in 1962.

I thought this would be a fitting image for the assignment as it is both a sculpture and a monument.

Thanks for looking, good luck to all this month.

gregfountain
Total Posts: 6677

Nicely scene Travis! I'm wondering about the wisp of clouds above the statue....? Great processing!

Greg

ts232
Total Posts: 356

nice contrast in this shot, I like it.

Klaus Priebe
Total Posts: 9884

Travis,
Very nice and cool looking statue

Travis Rhoads

gregfountain wrote:
Nicely scene Travis! I'm wondering about the wisp of clouds above the statue....? Great processing!

Greg

Thanks Greg. That wisp of clouds has come up in other discussion, it is the effect of a very long exposure...I am considering replacing the image tonight....got one that I like better while in Germany this past week.

Travis Rhoads

ts232 wrote:
nice contrast in this shot, I like it.

Thanks Alan, contrast was key here...but I am not as thrilled with the image as I was at first...as mentioned, will probably replace it today.

Travis Rhoads

Klaus Priebe wrote:
Travis,
Very nice and cool looking statue

Thanks for the kind words and taking the time Klaus.

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3157

Very nice, I don't know anything about this statue, but would like to know why the maker of the statue made a pose like this or what it represents, thanks

Norm