/forum/topic/1127925/91

1       2       3              91      
       93              369       370       end

RKTodd
Total Posts: 341

Thanks Bobby!

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 7404

Tonight at sunset, about 10,000 Snow Geese, were landing/taking off in a field in Macungie, PA. My wife is a patient in a Hospice, and the corn field is next door . I used the Lumix 45/200 lens. May try again at Sunrise tomorrow.
Harry Palmer

didierv
Total Posts: 345

rji2goleez wrote:
Meanwhile, went for a walk with the OM-D and the PL25.

Really like # 2 !

ShadowWalker
Total Posts: 2038

The hood for the Pany 45-175 fits it just fine. Though finding the hood by itself might be difficult.

RKTodd wrote:
I just picked up my new Olympus 60mm 2.8 macro and am looking for a lens hood---well, one that doesn't cost $49.95. I've searched Amazon, B&H, etc. and can't find anything suitable. Someone (I think in this thread) posted a link to the generic EzFoto hood for the 75 1.8, and I got that one, thank you!

Anyone know of something similar for the 60 macro?

bobbytan
Total Posts: 9256

I guess most generic 46mm lens hoods will work, including the telescopic rubber hood.

ShadowWalker wrote:
The hood for the Pany 45-175 fits it just fine. Though finding the hood by itself might be difficult.

RKTodd wrote:
I just picked up my new Olympus 60mm 2.8 macro and am looking for a lens hood---well, one that doesn't cost $49.95. I've searched Amazon, B&H, etc. and can't find anything suitable. Someone (I think in this thread) posted a link to the generic EzFoto hood for the 75 1.8, and I got that one, thank you!

Anyone know of something similar for the 60 macro?

bobbytan

I just ordered this hood for my 60 macro ... and I hope it works:

http://www.amazon.com/Gino-Filter-Screw-Digital-Camera/dp/B008MKU6V8/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357267368&sr=1-14&keywords=46mm+metal+hood

ApeironArt
Total Posts: 55

bobbytan wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Gino-Filter-Screw-Digital-Camera/dp/B008MKU6V8/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357267368&sr=1-14&keywords=46mm+metal+hood

You know I just learned about the travesty that is no lens hoods included with Olympus lenses like non-L Canon lenses. What a shame and add to that they want $90 for a lens hood for the O12mm and $75 for the 075mm!!!! WTF! And the other ones are like $35, $20... not cheap either. They should be just included WITH THE LENS!!!! Small things like this while a profit maker for companies are also small things that end up being big deals to customers that cause a lot of choice words to come out of there mouths along with anger towards them. Seriously just charge $5 or $10 extra for every lens you make and include the damn thing. JMO.

itai195
Total Posts: 1358

They absolutely should be included. That said, I've never had any issues with the cheap, knock-off lens hoods available off eBay. I have them for my 12mm and 45mm and they're fine. Still need to pick up the 75mm version.

pr4photos
Total Posts: 1348

A hood is a hood. Nothing special about them. Get a cheapo from Ebay. It will be fine

RKTodd
Total Posts: 341

bobbytan wrote:

Thanks again Bobby! I just ordered one also. It's certainly worth $4.50 to give it a try.

Jman13
Total Posts: 13003

I normally buy knockoffs for my Oly lenses (bought the JJC for my 12mm, and will probably do the same for the 75.)

I did buy the original Oly hood for the 60 macro since it's a neat sliding design, and those usually don't translate well to third party manufacturers. I had a $25 B&H gift card for Christmas and nothing else to buy, so I ordered it this morning. $25 out of pocket for me makes it an OK buy.

I should have it on Wednesday.

I do think that Oly should absolutely include the hoods with their top tier lenses. I understand not including them with the cheapo kit type zooms, but on a $900 professional grade prime, it should come with the hood. And, until they start doing so, I will continue to include that as a knock on Oly lenses in my reviews.

bobbytan

Yeah ... even though I just ordered a $5 generic hood for the 60, I will probably later on get the sliding/retractable lens hood ... very Leica-like design-wise. I bought the original 75 hood but hated it because of the stupid screw knob sticking out from the side of the hood. I returned it and kept the cheap generic hood even though it's not a 100% match on the color. But I think the $50 LH-49 for the 60 is probably worth it.

Jman13 wrote:
I normally buy knockoffs for my Oly lenses (bought the JJC for my 12mm, and will probably do the same for the 75.)

I did buy the original Oly hood for the 60 macro since it's a neat sliding design, and those usually don't translate well to third party manufacturers. I had a $25 B&H gift card for Christmas and nothing else to buy, so I ordered it this morning. $25 out of pocket for me makes it an OK buy.

I should have it on Wednesday.

I do think that Oly should absolutely include the hoods with their top tier lenses. I understand not including them with the cheapo kit type zooms, but on a $900 professional grade prime, it should come with the hood. And, until they start doing so, I will continue to include that as a knock on Oly lenses in my reviews.

Jman13

with Panny 8mm fisheye:

Whoops!

Jman13

This is actually from this fall, but I didn't do much with the image, and I decided to process it today. OM-D with Voigtlander 17.5mm f/0.95. Don't remember what aperture this was taken at.

bmwrider75
Total Posts: 391

Great shots Jordan!

Quick question - what are folks using for a bag for an OMD kit? Most of the bags seem to be made for deeper/taller regular SLR gear. I have a Domke F2 that I really liked for my Nikon SLR stuff, but its obviously way too big for m4/3.

I want to carry the om d with the horiz grip, rokinon fish, 7-14, 25/1.4, 45, 60 macro. Down the road I will likely add the 75 1.8 and maybe the 12 prime or a fast zoom like the 12-35. And then I'll need a long tele of course

So, it's a fair little cluster of small lenses and I can't seem to find a bag that fits it readily.

Any suggestions would be most helpful!

dc

Jman13

I use a Think Tank Restrospective 5, which is reminiscent of Domke, but much smaller. Still holds a lot. It'll hold 3-5 m43 lenses along with the camera, several accessories and a flash.

dukenukem
Total Posts: 566

Abstracción XII por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr

cputeq
Total Posts: 6036

My daughter hamming it up and decides to strike a goofy pose

Ava Ring by J L Smith, on Flickr

gotak
Total Posts: 339

These are done using an Olympus OMD. Wanted to bring a lighter kit as we would be walking all over the place. As it turns out that was smart cause the docks area was iced over. So not struggling with a heavy pack is a good thing. Less likely to slip and slide into the water.

All were taken between 5am and 9am

The garbage ship that takes away Toronto's trash

The iced over docks

Running a restaurant in Chinatown is hard work. Look at this early riser getting her noodle house going at 6am. 1st photo is a manually blended HDR

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 6689

Gotak - nice series. I love the skyline shots

Some daily wanderings from me:

1       2       3              91      
       93              369       370       end