OM-D & PEN Images
/forum/topic/1127925/79

1       2       3              79      
       81              263       264       end

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4559

While the votes are being tabulated, I can contain my excitement. You guys made me do it! My Oly 60mm macro arrived today. I paid for it entirely with credit card points! I decided to take som shots of stuff lying around the office. All are handheld at high ISO using AF. Could they be better? Sure but holy crap this is going to be a fun lens!

carstenw
Total Posts: 15062

Okay, well, there appears to be no major objections, apart from 1 against and 1 for a new thread, so I will PM Fred and ask if he would join the threads.

rji2goleez

carstenw wrote:
Okay, well, there appears to be no major objections, apart from 1 against and 1 for a new thread, so I will PM Fred and ask if he would join the threads.

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6782

Bob.
I lived in St. Paul about 1940-1942. Remember when the snow covered our drive way, we had to stay home, no school , cheers. The countys plows , made our drive way , un-usable. When it really gets cold- how about a photo of the falls (Minhawaw).
Cheers
Harry Palmer

rji2goleez

Cool Harry. I just spent my first full year living in MPLS. Never made it Minnehaha last winter but I'll put it on the list for sure. It's gotten warmer again and a lot of snow has melted. I may need to wait until January to get that shot.

Here's a couple more shots with the 60mm Macro. Handheld for now. Can't wait to put this on a tripod.

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6782

Thanks Bob.
Your recent images from China were top notch and really interesting. Many looked similar to Japan/Formosa, Okinawa. I flew those from 1958-1970 and lived in Japan from 1964-67. Looks like the Koi in China are on steriods however. Keep posting great images.
Cheers
Harry

michael49
Total Posts: 5385

dukenukem wrote:
Jman13

Blanca Noche por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr

Love this.

One more vote for merging OM-D and m4/3 threads. Its silly to have both IMO.

michael49

20 1.7....

Getting closer....(really amazing the size trees these guys can take down with their teeth)....

Ernie Aubert
Total Posts: 4383

How thick is that trunk above the gnawing? About a foot? Have you seen them at work yet?

Delatant
Total Posts: 163

+2 for the town in the snow shot Michael49!! Love the composition!

deadwolfbones
Total Posts: 2567

Quick low-light snap of the weekend beer haul. PL50/1.4 @ f/2:

dukenukem
Total Posts: 291

+1 Merge

Wilbus
Total Posts: 262

That's quite amazing Michael, how the beavers can chew through trunks that thick, it's a well composed pic!

That macro looks like a great lens Bob, looking forward to some more photos!

Adding one of my nephew.

michael49

Ernie Aubert wrote:
How thick is that trunk above the gnawing? About a foot? Have you seen them at work yet?

Closer to 1.5-2 feet. I see them swimming around but haven't caught them in the act of gnawing yet.

bigkidneys
Total Posts: 1001

Not sure if this is old news but figured I would give a heads up. The Olympus store is having a ridiculous sale on bodies, lenses, accessories right now! Just picked up a Oly 60 Macro for $369! Of course they get you for tax and shipping but $397 delivered to Florida isn't bad.... Dirt cheap stuff over there guys. Just cross posted this in the other thread.

rji2goleez

bigkidneys wrote:

Not sure if this is old news but figured I would give a heads up. The Olympus store is having a ridiculous sale on bodies, lenses, accessories right now! Just picked up a Oly 60 Macro for $369! Of course they get you for tax and shipping but $397 delivered to Florida isn't bad.... Dirt cheap stuff over there guys. Just cross posted this in the other thread.

You're gonna love that 60 macro! I've been messing around with it since yesterday. It's really sharp and make a great 120mm equivalent on MFT. Here are some non-macros:

mco_970
Total Posts: 5281

carstenw wrote:
Okay, so we have four people for and none against so far. Let's wait another day or so to see if there will be any strong opposition, and if not, we can ask Fred to merge the threads, which I do believe is possible.

-1 for merging. I like being able to see OMD samples separately. However, a 2013 OMD-EPL5-EPM3 (or whatever the numbers are ) thread makes sense to me.

I like seeing what the Olympus cameras w/ Sony sensors are up to & this thread makes it easy to do so.

Granted, I'm still shooting NEX so maybe my vote only counts for half.

rji2goleez

mco_970 wrote:
carstenw wrote:
Okay, so we have four people for and none against so far. Let's wait another day or so to see if there will be any strong opposition, and if not, we can ask Fred to merge the threads, which I do believe is possible.

-1 for merging. I like being able to see OMD samples separately. However, a 2013 OMD-EPL5-EPM3 (or whatever the numbers are ) thread makes sense to me.

I like seeing what the Olympus cameras w/ Sony sensors are up to & this thread makes it easy to do so.

Granted, I'm still shooting NEX so maybe my vote only counts for half.

I guess the equivalent would be a thread dedicated to the NEX-7 only which doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather see side by sides of the Pen series with the OM-D and other MFT cams. As for your vote counting half . . . we all have equal say!

owyhee
Total Posts: 443

+1 for a merger

Delatant
Total Posts: 163

-1 for merger - how much space can one thread take up? It's only one line in the major thread - yet so much to gain in that we know (without searching somewhere) that a picture is from the OM-D! Keep the thread for this simple guy!

1       2       3              79      
       81              263       264       end