OM-D & PEN Images
/forum/topic/1127925/78

1       2       3              78      
       80              275       276       end

cputeq
Total Posts: 4730

Nice eye shot, almost gross in its detail, though it did reenforce my decision to keep far away from any medical field

If you listen to/read any of the science behind how the eyes actually work, they're quite astonishingly complex.

Wilbus
Total Posts: 318

Terrific eye shot, well done! Awesome detail!

Tservo
Total Posts: 46

I just recently picked up the Voigtlander 17.5mm f0.95 and have been messing around with it. These are a couple of my favorite shots that I've grabbed so far.

My nephew

My friend Angela

dukenukem
Total Posts: 352

Jman13

Blanca Noche por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr

bmwrider75
Total Posts: 336

Great look from the Voigtlander 17! That's my next purchase...when I can gather the funds!

dc

Tservo
Total Posts: 46

It's a pretty marvelous piece of glass. Takes a bit of getting used to when focusing at f0.95 when the object is more than a few feet from you.

carstenw
Total Posts: 16065

Would there be any interest here in moving future OM-D images back to the MFT thread? It seems that the pace here has dropped quite a bit, and it would be nice to have all the MFT stuff together (not that much traffic over there), especially since the new E-PM2 and-PL5 both have the same sensor as the E-M5.

Jman13
Total Posts: 10881

Can we merge the threads?

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4801

carstenw wrote:
Would there be any interest here in moving future OM-D images back to the MFT thread? It seems that the pace here has dropped quite a bit, and it would be nice to have all the MFT stuff together (not that much traffic over there), especially since the new E-PM2 and-PL5 both have the same sensor as the E-M5.

I made that suggestion a couple of months ago and it was not met with much enthusiasm but it makes sense to me!

Wilbus
Total Posts: 318

rji2goleez wrote:
I made that suggestion a couple of months ago and it was not met with much enthusiasm but it makes sense to me!

Yes you did, I remember it and I said I didn't make much difference BUT I have to agree with you now, might be better to move it over there, especially if both threads are a bit slow right now. :-)

carstenw

Okay, so we have four people for and none against so far. Let's wait another day or so to see if there will be any strong opposition, and if not, we can ask Fred to merge the threads, which I do believe is possible.

eosfun
Total Posts: 2126

Merging threads is a possibility on this platform. The mods with the right privileges can do it. But one thing I remember from merged threads in the past is that the post order is related to time stamps and this not always helps to improve readability of the thread. I remember we got quite some negative feedback here from people who found those kind of actions to heavy handed kind of moderation.

In general I believe it's a better idea to start a new thread and eventually close the former ones. It's only a short period of transition where people are looking back in the archive for closed threads and then the new thread is the place where everyone finds his way again. Linking to an archived thread to quote or point to older posts is simple and keeps valuable information from the older thread easily accessible.

I'd prefer a fresh thread like for example "the 2013 micro four thirds images thread" (including OM-D images). Just my 2 cents.

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6890

I vote for a merger, just one tread.
Harry Palmer

ultrapix
Total Posts: 668

Kingfishphoto wrote:
I vote for a merger, just one tread.
Harry Palmer

+1

Jman13
Total Posts: 10881

Yeah, even with the oddity of following some of the responses to previous images when the threads merge, I'd still prefer that, since you'd then have a full archive of all of the m4/3 photos.

carstenw

Okay, so far we have roughly 6-7 people for a merger, and 1 for a new thread (I think a new thread isn't necessary, just keep the OM-D thread in the archive, and link to it from the MFT thread). Let's wait until this evening and then make a request.

rsolti13
Total Posts: 3588

I agree....combine into 1

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7597

I am partial towards keeping a separate thread for OM-D images. This is because it makes it so much easier to scroll through the older OM-D images - when you need to check on the IQ of specific lenses or discussion about an OM-D problem/issue, for example. With a general MFT thread you will have to comb through hundreds or thousands of images and discussions to look for the OM-D images or a specific OM-D discussion.

Also, I am really only interested in seeing what FM'ers do with their OM-D system. I rarely check the general MFT thread - but I do so occasionally just to see what OM-D images may be on that thread that I could be missing. Frankly I have little interest in looking at the images created by the other MFT systems ... like I no longer have an interest in looking at the Canon forums since I stopped shooting with Canon.

carstenw wrote:
Okay, so we have four people for and none against so far. Let's wait another day or so to see if there will be any strong opposition, and if not, we can ask Fred to merge the threads, which I do believe is possible.

pr4photos
Total Posts: 1118

+1 for a merger

carstenw

Tally so far: 8 for merger, 1 against, 1 for a new thread.

Bobby, I wouldn't worry too much, the OM-D thread is at least as active as the MFT thread, so every second post would be an E-M5 shot at this time. Not much combing to do.

1       2       3              78      
       80              275       276       end