juju1958
Total Posts: 1266

No

carstenw
Total Posts: 16163

I do like the first and second shots.

Jman13
Total Posts: 13004

Today with the very little 15mm f/8 body cap lens. It's sharp in the center and soft on the edges, so it's good for a specific look or a snapshot style lens where you want to carry the smallest thing you can on a decent sensor and not have to think about focusing or such. Otherwise it's sort of a fun novelty. I have a feeling I'll mostly use it shooting B&W JPEG for those times I really don't want to think about any of that stuff.

juju1958

Jordan interesting. It is not a lens that I would have looked at, being in the uk f8 is very restrictive. Yes can see it for street shooting in favorable conditions.

veeresh.ai
Total Posts: 65

Juju,
That last one is brilliant. If I may, which lens did you use for that one? I like the OOF transition and the texture.

carstenw
Total Posts: 16163

PL25?

bigkidneys
Total Posts: 1012

^^^^^ completely agree! Julian, your photos are phenomenal man. Great eye and the texture, colors, expressions, moments in your photos are wonderful! Keep inspiring us please

juju1958

carstenw wrote:
PL25?

First two PL25mm second two Oly 45mm

veeresh.ai
Total Posts: 65

juju1958 wrote:
carstenw wrote:
PL25?

First two PL25mm second two Oly 45mm

Thanks, that Oly 45mm doesn't cease to surprise me.

Wilbus
Total Posts: 909

Great shots once again Juju, lovely colors!

Two more just playing around, nothing special, the second one is really not good at all but I liked the fire :-)

Well, then again, neither is the first but I like the color red :-P

First one is with a Nikon 50mm F1.2 Ai, handheld @ 1/8 second, IS is working very well here as the poles are sharp.

juju1958

Wilbus nice.

dukenukem
Total Posts: 566

Crema de Fabes con Currusquinos por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr

Wilbus

juju1958 wrote:
Wilbus could not resist. We live far apart but so much can be similar. Here are some flags that the fishermen use here.

Good! you shouldn't resist!

Yes we do live quite far apart but it seems as if though humans have a weird habit of creating very similar things all over the world even though they may never have met

This gave me a little idea for a new thread, maybe we should do a shoot out and copy each others subjects as closely as we can? Will have to think about it some

Jman13

The Photographer's Eye: (mine, in this case). Self eye portraits aren't that easy.

OM-D with Olympus 60mm f/2.8 macro @ f/9, off camera flash. Unfortunately, the reflection of my eyelashes showed up in the frame, but I need to be able to see the lighting (which I can't on a self portrait) to figure out how to eliminate it and still get texture (I'm sure more direct flash would get rid of it).

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 6690

Reflection or not this is outstanding! Enough to make me run out and order that 60 Macro!!!

CalW
Total Posts: 2160

Really looking deep into the eye there, Jordan! I don't think I have ever seen that kind of detail in an eye shot, much less self-taken. Yeah, very difficult to do - I know...

bobbytan
Total Posts: 9256

A little freaky, as it looks like your eyes are made out of paper-mache!

Jman13 wrote:
The Photographer's Eye: (mine, in this case). Self eye portraits aren't that easy.

OM-D with Olympus 60mm f/2.8 macro @ f/9, off camera flash. Unfortunately, the reflection of my eyelashes showed up in the frame, but I need to be able to see the lighting (which I can't on a self portrait) to figure out how to eliminate it and still get texture (I'm sure more direct flash would get rid of it).

Jman13

bobbytan wrote:
A little freaky, as it looks like your eyes are made out of paper-mache!

Aren't everyone's?

cputeq
Total Posts: 6039

Nice eye shot, almost gross in its detail, though it did reenforce my decision to keep far away from any medical field

If you listen to/read any of the science behind how the eyes actually work, they're quite astonishingly complex.

Wilbus

Terrific eye shot, well done! Awesome detail!

1       2       3              77      
       79              369       370       end