/forum/topic/1127925/72

1       2       3              72      
       74              270       271       end

cputeq
Total Posts: 4719

< Very nice snowy shot

Jman13
Total Posts: 10690

Did the Christmas card photos today. We're using the one with the Santa Advent calendar, but I also use it as a time to just take some portraits of my daughter with studio lighting. We didn't have a bunch of stuff out, so no prop pictures, though I might try and get a few of her with the Christmas tree later this month.

All are with the OM-D and Panasonic 35-100mm f/2.8 (which performed brilliantly):

michael49
Total Posts: 5434

juju1958 wrote:
Finished Work.

I continue to enjoy these nautical images Julian - keep them coming.

michael49

bigkidneys wrote:
One from last night with the Panasonic 25/1.4

Awesome lighthouse shot.

michael49

Jman13 wrote:
Did the Christmas card photos today....

Nice lighting.

michael49

20 1.7....

savingspaces
Total Posts: 919

OM-D and kit lens

PA060002.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

juju1958
Total Posts: 744

great.

rsolti13
Total Posts: 3587

I have a few pages to catch up on....in the meantime

Olympus 45 f/1.8

75 f/1.8

veeresh.ai
Total Posts: 64

Got a CZ Flektogon 35mm f2.4 from Jon here. I wanted to give it a test run and see and needless to say, I am mighty impressed. The photo is of a yellow rose and I didn't have my tripod on me, hence the softness. Processed in LR, applied an OnOne free preset, I forget the name. Let me know what you guys think of it:

michael49

veeresh.ai wrote:
Got a CZ Flektogon 35mm f2.4 from Jon here.....

One of my favorite alts. I've used it on FF, NEX and m4/3 and enjoyed it on all 3. In my view its even better on APS-C or m4/3 because although the center is very sharp the edges are somewhat weak. The MFD is what makes it very unique.

michael49

25 1.4....

veeresh.ai

michael49 wrote:
veeresh.ai wrote:

One of my favorite alts. I've used it on FF, NEX and m4/3 and enjoyed it on all 3. In my view its even better on APS-C or m4/3 because although the center is very sharp the edges are somewhat weak. The MFD is what makes it very unique.

Indeed, I can' t help but admire how sharp it is in the center. Having said that, I am not sure if it's as sharp at infinity as it is at MFD. I am not complaining though, I love the colors and suits me well for portraiture and close-ups.

Ernie Aubert
Total Posts: 4494

EF 300mm f4L IS handheld

rsolti13
Total Posts: 3587

Michael, great colors in that shot. Did you shoot at f/1.4? I notice it is a little soft on the closest blocks

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4669

Well, I've been out of pocket for more than a week now with little shooting going on as I am currently in China for my day job. However, we finally got out on Sunday for a day trip and I was able to do some shooting. Here are some of the first images from a Chinese garden in the city of Guangzhou. Many more to process!

Jman13
Total Posts: 10690

That second one is beautifully composed, Bob.

Ernie Aubert
Total Posts: 4494

Another with the EF 300 f4L IS

michael49

veeresh.ai wrote:
michael49 wrote:
veeresh.ai wrote:

Indeed, I can' t help but admire how sharp it is in the center. Having said that, I am not sure if it's as sharp at infinity as it is at MFD. I am not complaining though, I love the colors and suits me well for portraiture and close-ups.

Its not as sharp at infinity. I use mine as a close-up/macro and portrait lens and it excels at that. Great flower lens.

This was taken with the CZJ 35 f/2.4 on a NEX 5N near wide open (sorry for the NEX image here ), but I like it on the OM-D just as well, especially with the IBIS.....

veeresh.ai

michael49 wrote:
veeresh.ai wrote:
michael49 wrote:
veeresh.ai wrote:

Its not as sharp at infinity. I use mine as a close-up/macro and portrait lens and it excels at that. Great flower lens.

This was taken with the CZJ 35 f/2.4 on a NEX 5N near wide open (sorry for the NEX image here ), but I like it on the OM-D just as well, especially with the IBIS.....

I have seen that photograph before when I was looking for photographs made with this lens. Came across some very nice photographs (including this one) which convinced me what the lens was capable of . My refurb Nex-5N is waiting at home, can't wait to try this lens with the 5N.

1       2       3              72      
       74              270       271       end