OM-D & PEN Images
/forum/topic/1127925/68

1       2       3              68      
       70              263       264       end

bigkidneys
Total Posts: 1001

I really need to stop looking through these threads after I have sold things off. Just picked up another EM-5, grip, 45, and 75. Well, at least this body is all black so at least that was different. Hell, one of the lenses I just sold hasn't even made it to the buyer yet and I've already bought another! Something is seriously wrong with me. If I spent half the time trying to shoot rather than exercising GAS, I'd probly be a decent photographer

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4568

Michael - Love them both but I am partial to the landscape (more my comfort level as well)!

Bored - and very cold outside, I decided to play with a couple of Zeiss ZE lenses on my OM-D. One with the 15mm Distagon, the other with the 100mm Makro-Planar. Nothing special but showing a few of my favorite things!

rji2goleez

bigkidneys wrote:
I really need to stop looking through these threads after I have sold things off. Just picked up another EM-5, grip, 45, and 75. Well, at least this body is all black so at least that was different. Hell, one of the lenses I just sold hasn't even made it to the buyer yet and I've already bought another! Something is seriously wrong with me. If I spent half the time trying to shoot rather than exercising GAS, I'd probly be a decent photographer

I hear you and I know exactly how you feel. I sold my Sony NEX gear including legacy lenses, bought the OM-D and had three lenses in a matter of a week. I this it's surely some disease . . .

kewlcanon
Total Posts: 4406

Goodbye OM-D....hello E-PL5

michael49
Total Posts: 5392

rji2goleez wrote:
...I hear you and I know exactly how you feel. I sold my Sony NEX gear including legacy lenses, bought the OM-D and had three lenses in a matter of a week. I this it's surely some disease . . .

Its true. Finally made myself sell my NEX gear.

Found this cool old Dodge ?pick-up in the woods (I'm no car buff)....

PL 25 1.4

PL14 2.5....

rji2goleez

^ Way cool. Love them all!

WT21
Total Posts: 635

michael49 wrote:
rji2goleez wrote:
...I hear you and I know exactly how you feel. I sold my Sony NEX gear including legacy lenses, bought the OM-D and had three lenses in a matter of a week. I this it's surely some disease . . .

Its true. Finally made myself sell my NEX gear.

Found this cool old Dodge ?pick-up in the woods (I'm no car buff)....

PL14 2.5....

Hey! I think that's the P14 I sold you! I missed that lens so much, I'm buying another one back, lol.

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7419

Great shots Bob and Michael!

juan_amores
Total Posts: 466

Two more with the 12-50

rji2goleez

Juan - Beautiful BW. Love the soft toning of these.

I was playing with both my canon and OM-D last night. Unfortunately I blew out some highlights on this one but I like the streaking clouds.

Wilbus
Total Posts: 262

Thanks all :-)

bigkidneys wrote:
^^^^ Love it Wilbus! What triggers are you using if any?

Bigkidneys, I actually only used the small olympus flash as a trigger, the Nikon SB-900 and SB-800 (aswell as their other high end models) have the capability to trigger via a normal flash. While I was using Nikon I used either Nikon CLS system or Pocket Wizard Mini's to trigger the flashes but unfortunately those don't work with the Olympus, even as dumb triggers so I am considering getting a pair of normal pocket wizards to trigger with instead, I think they should work on the Olympus as well.

Btw, anybody wanna buy a pair of PW's Mini for Nikon? :-P

bigkidneys

I thought you may have done that. I was a Canon guy and didn't have that option and I really want to start experimenting with flash.

Wilbus
Total Posts: 262

Oh I thought canon had that option as well! Didn't they even have it in their high-end 580 series? Do you have any flashes from Canon left?

Off camera flash is amazingly fun, and frustrating some times when one doesn't succeed in getting the pictures one is after.

There are a few different options to go for, if you still have other types of flashes such as a canon one you can buy a small hot shot type of trigger that you connect to the flashes bottom (same way as the flash would go on the camera), it enables to flash to be triggered via flash impulses.

Other options may be radio triggers, there are those that pretty much work with any flash and camera combination I believe.

Or you can buy third party dumb flashes with the same sort of trigger control.

jstephens62
Total Posts: 1107

I just picked up the FL-300R Olympus flash to use the the OM-D. I thought about using a full-sized unit, but I wanted to keep it light and simple which fits better with the micro 4/3rds style of shooting. It triggers remotely using the kit flash, and it can hinge upwards to bounce off of ceilings when used on-camera. It doesn't have a lot of power, but I think it will work just fine for what I need. I got one used off of E-bay for just around $100.

bigkidneys

I had the 5D2 which didn't have an onboard flash and the body doesn't have the commander feature like the Nikons. Go rid of everything Canon. I had the 580 II ex flash.

michael49

rji2goleez wrote:
^ Way cool. Love them all!

Thanks.

WT21 wrote:

Hey! I think that's the P14 I sold you! I missed that lens so much, I'm buying another one back, lol.

Sure is!

Amazing how good and tiny the PL and Oly m4/3 lenses are - they put much of my Canon glass to shame.

rji2goleez

Time to walk the dog, time to bring the camera! We had a dusting of snow two days ago and it's still here. I guess winter is coming early!

michael49

jstephens62 wrote:
I just picked up the FL-300R Olympus flash to use the the OM-D. I thought about using a full-sized unit, but I wanted to keep it light and simple which fits better with the micro 4/3rds style of shooting. It triggers remotely using the kit flash, and it can hinge upwards to bounce off of ceilings when used on-camera. It doesn't have a lot of power, but I think it will work just fine for what I need. I got one used off of E-bay for just around $100.

Still trying to decide between this or the 600R myself.

michael49

rji2goleez wrote:
Time to walk the dog, time to bring the camera! We had a dusting of snow two days ago and it's still here. I guess winter is coming early!

Love the last one Bob.

michael49

Oly 60mm macro just arrived yesterday. I've heard people describe this lens as "large and heavy" - you've got to be kidding me. Its slightly longer than my other m4/3 lenses, but its still tiny! Its quite thin, and weighs about half of my Canon 60mm f/2.8 macro (335 gm for the Canon, 185 gm for the Oly). And I used to think that the Canon was small.

The only negative that I've noticed so far is that the IBIS does not seem as effective at very close distances as it is with longer subject distances, but I'm not surprised by this in the least.

One of my first images with it, f/3.5...(birch close-up)....

1       2       3              68      
       70              263       264       end