/forum/topic/1127925/60

1       2       3              60      
       62              267       268       end

rsolti13
Total Posts: 3587

some with the 25 f/1.4

ultrapix
Total Posts: 656

Nice serie. I assume that highlights blowing it's an author choice, right?

juju1958
Total Posts: 708

rsolti13 love the series of images. I am one who likes blown highlights and no detail in the blacks when appropriate. For me it gives an enigmatic quality.

rsolti13

ultrapix wrote:

Thank you. And yes, I wanted the highlights blown

Thanks Julian, really like the colors in the second shot above.

For those of you that put on the white border, I assume that is only able to be done in Photoshop, not LR4, right? I use LR only for about 95% of my shots and don't want to open each image in Photoshop. The big white border looks very nice and adds a lot to the images.

juju1958
Total Posts: 708

rsolti13 wrote:
ultrapix wrote:

Thank you. And yes, I wanted the highlights blown

Thanks Julian, really like the colors in the second shot above.

For those of you that put on the white border, I assume that is only able to be done in Photoshop, not LR4, right? I use LR only for about 95% of my shots and don't want to open each image in Photoshop. The big white border looks very nice and adds a lot to the images.

I put all sorts of borders but really good photo I guess will stand on it's own. Yes I import Raws to LR after doing basic levels and curves. Then export which opens in cs6, only takes a moment, I will do several images at a time. I much prefer cs6 for local adjustments and resizing. The boarder is simply an increase in the canvas size.

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4647

All of my use of borders is using the image upload tool right here on FM. I use lightroom 95% of the time. I created an export preset to an FM upload directory which then gets frequently purged. I like the fact that the export preset is configured to pixel and file size to stay within the FM upload requirements. Then, using the upload dialog box here, I can choose from the FM borders. Works for me!

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4647

I assume we've all seen this and will be lining up at the door to buy this lens . . .

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/11/15/Olympus-m-zuiko-digital-17mm-f1-8-micro-four-thirds-499dollars

ultrapix
Total Posts: 656

rji2goleez wrote:
I assume we've all seen this and will be lining up at the door to buy this lens . . .

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/11/15/Olympus-m-zuiko-digital-17mm-f1-8-micro-four-thirds-499dollars

Unluckily, yes

michael49
Total Posts: 5411

rji2goleez wrote:

At least at this point I don't see myself getting this, I'm happy enough with the Pany 20 1.7. Now, the Voigt 17 0.95 - that's another story.

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7487

I did put my pre-order in with B&H ...

rji2goleez wrote:

Jman13
Total Posts: 10617

I won't. I'm not a 35mm kind of guy, and so I can't see spending extra money for a lens I won't use. Honestly, the only lens I still want is a long fast lens, in the 200mm range. A 200mm f/2.8 prime or a 150-300mm f/4 would be awesome. I might be able to live with the 150/2.8 that's supposed to be coming next year, but I'd really like something in the 200mm range (400mm FF equiv). Other than that, I'm completely set. I may even pare down my kit a bit.

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7487

I do a fair bit of bird photography so I too would like to see a long prime lens with a 1.4x TC!

Jman13 wrote:
I won't. I'm not a 35mm kind of guy, and so I can't see spending extra money for a lens I won't use. Honestly, the only lens I still want is a long fast lens, in the 200mm range. A 200mm f/2.8 prime or a 150-300mm f/4 would be awesome. I might be able to live with the 150/2.8 that's supposed to be coming next year, but I'd really like something in the 200mm range (400mm FF equiv). Other than that, I'm completely set. I may even pare down my kit a bit.

michael49

Jman13 wrote:
.... I may even pare down my kit a bit.

Heresy!!

michael49

Oly 45, f/2....

Wilbus
Total Posts: 262

michael49 wrote:
Jman13 wrote:

Heresy!!

, Agreed!

The 17 looks very nice, I've been thinking of the 17,5 F0.95 Voigtlander for a while but the size may put me off, it does look like an awesome lens though. The Olympus one won't be as fast but it will be smaller and if it works well wide open I'll probarly get it. Besides, it's almost half the price of the Voigtlander (at least in Sweden).

But then again still want the 12/F2.... Grrrrr! Been holding out to see how the Schneiders perform as they too will release a 12/F2 but it never seems to show up...

But then again adding and optional hood and lens cap in the usual stupid idiotic Olympus manner will drive the price up a bit... I'd like to have a long hard discussion with whomever decided they shouldn't include those accessories with the lenses.

Wilbus
Total Posts: 262

Looks like you have some great nature and landscapes around you Michael, looks lovely!

Ernie Aubert
Total Posts: 4467

Wilbus wrote:
michael49 wrote:
Jman13 wrote:

Heresy!!

, Agreed!

... I'd like to have a long hard discussion with whomever decided they shouldn't include those accessories with the lenses.

Yes - a wall-to-wall conference. And when you do, also mention the issue of the finish, please.

cputeq
Total Posts: 4706

FYI - for those border fans, if you want to stay in Lightroom look at LR Mogrify - it's an export plugin for LR that does borders and other stuff.

It takes a bit of experimenting to get the hang of it, but it's very powerful and could possible serve as your only solution to borders unless you get really fancy with drop shadows, etc.

rsolti13

will have to look at that LR Mogrify, thanks for the heads up

45 f/1.8

Bifurcator
Total Posts: 9299

That's a heck of a lot of processing to get that lens to look like that even at that size!

Great PP work Bobby!

1       2       3              60      
       62              267       268       end