OM-D & PEN Images
/forum/topic/1127925/58

1       2       3              58      
       60              270       271       end

kewlcanon
Total Posts: 4459

Not on mine, never heard it rattles after I've turned it off.

cputeq wrote:
kewlcanon wrote:
Turn off the Fulltime-AF option to avoid rattlesnake on PL 25.

That may help but it doesn't completely alleviate it. I have had that option disabled since day one of my OMD but I still occasionally get rattlesnake.

juju1958
Total Posts: 747

FlyPenFly wrote:
Juju, what is your post processing technique?

As little as possible. Shoot Raw, import to LR, where I use curves and graduation if needed and CA removal . Export tiff 16bit 300dpi to Cs6. In Cs6 I use darkroom techniques , such as burn and dodge, local levels ,curves and saturation. Saturation is where I think you can make the greatest changes. One colour alteration whether hue,vibrancy or saturation will and does alter every other colour and contrast. This is where colour balance can help as well. In fact it is possible to alter the luminance, and contrast as much as needed through the saturation layers, using individual colours. Then re-size the image which is most often re-sampled bicubic sharper. Resizing is done as said with re-sample ticked, 72dpi and then set in what pixel dimensions I want. I rarely sharpen images even though I have sharpening off in camera and noise reduction off. I never apply noise reduction. Resizing the image deals with the noise if there is any.
Having said all this each and every image is approached as a different image and what treatment suits one, rarely if ever suits another taken on a different day, or time of day or location. Only time I ever use presets are for images taken at the same time , in a set, from the original image. It is always starting point if I feel lazy. I don't use others presets, they dont seem to help at all in how I photograph.
Probably not everyone's way, but it is the only way at the moment I know through trial and error, as I fumble along.

juju1958

kewlcanon wrote:
Not on mine, never heard it rattles after I've turned it off.

cputeq wrote:
kewlcanon wrote:
Turn off the Fulltime-AF option to avoid rattlesnake on PL 25.

That may help but it doesn't completely alleviate it. I have had that option disabled since day one of my OMD but I still occasionally get rattlesnake.

Have my full time AF turned off and it does rattle. But I have got used to it. Glad to hear at least yours does not rattle.

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4669

I never gave the 'rattlesnake' a second thought. It doesn't effect my outcome and I just treated it as the lens, camera combination. The lens is among my favorite on the OM-D.

Well, this past Saturday, it was 70 degrees in Minneapolis. This morning, the story was quite different!!!

michael49
Total Posts: 5434

45 1.8...

carstenw
Total Posts: 15819

I also get the chatter, and it doesn't bother me at all. A little odd that Panasonic and Olympus can't exchange information a little better, but whatever.

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6848

The true meaning of Potty Break, in PA. Thanks SANDY.
Harry Palmer

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 4567

Harry,

I'll betcha I know a political party who'd license your "Potty Break" image

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1380

I really like rji2goleez's snow pictures, thanks

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6848

anthonysemone wrote:
Harry,

I'll betcha I know a political party who'd license your "Potty Break" image

Hi Tony.
Thanks, that was at Green Lane Park today. Happy our day- today.
Cheers
Harry

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 4567

Happy "our day" back to you, brother.

tony

michael49
Total Posts: 5434

I did a quick comparison out of curiosity yesterday between the OM-D and the 5d2....

OM-D, PL 25 1.4 @ f/1.6.....

5d2, Canon 40mm f/2.8 @ f/2.8....

The OM-D stacks up very well against the 5d2 here. I was closer to my "subject" with the 5d2 which enhances the DOF differences. At 100% the PL 25 is at least as sharp (if not sharper) than the Canon 40mm f/2.8.

Oh, and shooting with the OM-D has taught me that I often prefer the 4:3 aspect ratio for portraits (although I usually prefer 3:2 for landscapes).

juju1958

Found a FED-4 in a charity shop today. The lens has a M9 ltm fitting for which I have a M39 to E-M5 adapter. Focal length is 53 f2.8. Gave it a punt and although it is a wee bit lose it does at least work. Took a quick snap indoors to give it a try and will get out at some point to give it a decent amount of light to see how it hold up on the E-M5.

ultrapix
Total Posts: 661

The lanthan Industar were amazing lenses...

juju1958

ultrapix wrote:

Forgot to mention this was the industar 61, or it it the same?

ultrapix
Total Posts: 661

juju1958 wrote:
ultrapix wrote:

Forgot to mention this was the industar 61, or it it the same?

My best experience was right with the Fed 4 lens, the Industar 61; when I was 16, in Italian photo magazines there was an ad for a FED 4, the Industar 52mm (or 53mm, both existed), the Russar 20/5,6, and the Jupiter 135/4; everithing was offered for 100.000 Lire (roughly 150 $ of seventies); as a young photo lover, that was an hopeless dream to me

a couple of years later I had the chance to get the Fed 4 and a standard lens; I still own those BW films, and they are still great; something here: http://it.blurb.com/my/book/detail/2582209

Sorry for the OT

owyhee
Total Posts: 459

End of Fall all with 45mm

Jman13
Total Posts: 10690

Those first two are brilliant!

jstephens62
Total Posts: 1107

With Panasonic 7-14mm lens

Jman13
Total Posts: 10690