1       2       3              138      
       140              266       267       end

juju1958
Total Posts: 687

Jman13 wrote:
juju1958 wrote:
Jman13 wrote:
juju1958 wrote:
Jordan a nice pic. Is your daughter club swimming or recreational.

Right now, just lessons (she's 5). If she starts getting better, I'll see if she want to start swimming competitively. I was a competitive swimmer through high school, though I didn't start competition swimming until 6th grade. If she's interested, it'd be cool to watch her follow that path...

Seems like you know what is wise having been through it. My daughter did not start competitively until she was eleven and has gone on to be ok, reached the Olympic trials in 2012 and will swim at a good Uni this october. all good fun as long as it is not taken too seriously.

Thanks Nate and Mawz

Um...reaching the Olympic Trials is not 'Ok'....that's phenomenal. I'd imagine reaching the trials in the US is harder than in the UK because of the size of the country, but even so....to be among the top handful in the entire country in her event(s) is unreal. Far, far better than me. I was a 'good' swimmer, but certainly not international competition caliber in any way. (I usually scored points at our district finals, and one of my relays missed states by two places my senior year in HS, but that's about as good as I got. My team was quite good, though...we had multiple state champions and our top 200 free relay (that did not include me) set a national record...and still, I've only personally known one person who made it to the US Olympic Trials.

So, yeah...your daughter is pretty darn good.

I'll take your word for it. She loves the whole thing which is what matters, I hate getting out at 4.30am to be the taxi though. One positive I get some nice early sunrises.

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6819

Not your normal comfort station , as seen with my just acquired Oly 45 F1.8 .
Harry Palmer

juju1958

FIVE TURNINGS by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

kwalsh
Total Posts: 1670

Alright, I suppose I will inflict the board with a few baby photos. Where are baby photos in the forum hierarchy? Above or below cat photos?

Olympus 75mm F/1.8

Panasonic 25mm F/1.4

These are pretty old, she's almost 10 months now but I haven't uploaded anything since December.

juju1958

Kwalsh at the moment the images are not showing here. It may of course be me alone?

owyhee
Total Posts: 448

kwalsh, I can not see your images either.

mawz
Total Posts: 7705

Indeed, those are very blank baby pics

School's Out by Mawz, on Flickr
m.Zuiko 12-50

owyhee

Arrowleaf Balsamroot in the Boise Foothills, Idaho.

rsolti13
Total Posts: 3587

had some time to get out the past couple of weeks, here are some recent ones of my favorite model with the 45 f/1.8

Nate A.
Total Posts: 249

rsolti13 wrote:
had some time to get out the past couple of weeks, here are some recent ones of my favorite model with the 45 f/1.8

Great set. You guys are making want the 45 more and more. #3 for me, I think it's those amazing eyes!

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1771

Yes the 45/1.8 is a nice lens. The OM-D and this lens focus so fast, they're my only tools that could keep up with this hyperactive dog:

kwalsh
Total Posts: 1670

juju1958 wrote:
Kwalsh at the moment the images are not showing here. It may of course be me alone?

Whoops! Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

dukenukem
Total Posts: 302

Pescadilla al Horno con Mejillones por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
Sigma 30mm . 1/160s . f/2.8 . ISO 400

juju1958

Duke that looks seriously yummy. Good photo not easy to take good food shots.

five-turnings by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

Nate A.

Excellent images Duke and Juju! Here's some from Albany, NY. 20mm 1.7...the only lens I own

stockshas
Total Posts: 29

Unable decide between this and the XE-1. The lenses available is making me lean slightly towards the Oly. Got to decide soon.

kewlcanon
Total Posts: 4416

Fantastic!.

Nate A. wrote:
Excellent images Duke and Juju! Here's some from Albany, NY. 20mm 1.7...the only lens I own

Nate A.

kewlcanon wrote:
Fantastic!.

Nate A. wrote:

Thank you!

owyhee

Nate, Fantastic images. I especially like #3. What was your f-stop on that one?

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6819

Can members guide me as to which non OEM batteries work best in the OM-D ? Ive read some wont fit the grip ( i do not have it ) , others are said to not charge in the Olympus charger etc. , and the list seems to go on.
Thanks
Harry Palmer

1       2       3              138      
       140              266       267       end