/forum/topic/1127925/111

1       2       3              111      
       113              265       266       end

michael49
Total Posts: 5400

juju1958 wrote:
....Tamar Bridge...

Lovely light.

Playing with in camera filters on this one. Its nice that you can shoot with these filters in jpeg and still have a RAW file if you don't like the jpeg filter image....

Jman13
Total Posts: 10481

Saw the sun setting out my window and took a shot through the trees. Heavily darkened the shadow areas in post, as I loved the composition with the bright line of sunlight. OM-D with Panny 35-100/2.8:

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7464

Another set from the Mask Carnival.

Jman13

Continued brilliant work, Bobby.

bobbytan

Thanks Jordan. It's the continuing brilliance of the OM-D.

Jman13 wrote:
Continued brilliant work, Bobby.

robert829
Total Posts: 535

Omy nice set bobby lovely colors

bobbytan

Thank you, Robert!

robert829 wrote:
Omy nice set bobby lovely colors

dukenukem
Total Posts: 300

Vertical Panoramic (four horizontal shots) with Panasonic 14mm f2.5:

Apuntando al Cielo por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
Pana 14mm, 30s . f/2.5 . ISO 3200

Jman13

Wow...that's spectacular!

Nate A.
Total Posts: 249

Hello everyone. My first post here. I've been lurking for a while and I'm very impressed with what I've seen. I recently sold a Canon t3i and bought the OMD. A little bit of a learning curve with all the menus and customization, but it's a fun camera. I'm looking forward to continued learning and suggestions from the wealth of knowledge on this forum. Here's some snap shots of my boys doing what they do best, playtime!
All shots taken with the Panasonic 20mm 1.7

juju1958
Total Posts: 684

Nate very good images which show of the good side off the 20mm f1.7. Not having this lens, it is the colour and light rendition you show that tempts me to acquire it at some point.

Nate A.

juju1958 wrote:
Nate very good images which show of the good side off the 20mm f1.7. Not having this lens, it is the colour and light rendition you show that tempts me to acquire it at some point.

Thank you. As of now it's the only lens I have, so I cannot compare this to any thing else. But so far, for a one lens set up, and the portability/size of the pancake, I'm very pleased.

robert829
Total Posts: 535

I really like the last shot nate

robert

Nate A.

robert829 wrote:
I really like the last shot nate

robert

Thank you Robert

stratlanta
Total Posts: 18

Hi all! New to the forums but have literally read every post in this thread. Hoping I can get your opinion on the best "baseline" lenses for a new OMD purchase. As a little background: I want to use it for a trip I have coming up in about a month, so lots of landscape, scenic and walk around, then after that it would be used for tons of kid photography around the house, in parks, soccer games, parties, etc.

I've had most of the "big name" SLR's but am really looking for something smaller, more portable and really easy to use. Lately I just don't want to haul around my big SLR and zooms. I shoot RAW occasionally, but also use a lot of JPEG when convenience and speed are my main concerns (wife doesn't always want to wait for me to process a bunch of RAW images before she can send them out!).

I love what I see from the images posted here (tons of talented photographers!) but I'm really struggling with which lenses to dive into first. I'd like to keep it under or around $2k for the package (plus or minus a bit if necessary), with color and sharp images being my main fixations...

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me posting this here but I'd like to get ideas from those who have been using the system. Hope I have provided enough info.

EW

Jman13

With $2,000, I'd go with the following:

OM-D: $999
Panasonic 14mm f/2.5: $350
Olympus 45mm f/1.8: $400
Olympus 40-150mm: $200

Or, snag the 14-42 kit and pick up a 20/1.7 instead of the 14mm. That'll be a little more than $2,000, but close.

If you think the wide end is better for you, then drop the 40-150 and 14mm and get the Oly 9-18 ultra-wide.

$1,000 on lenses is tough, though, as the really good m4/3 lenses are $$$. An ideal 3 lens setup while staying very small is the Olympus 12mm f/2, Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 and Olympus 45mm f/1.8, but that'll set you back $1,800 in lenses.

Subbing the 60mm f/2.8 Macro for the 45/1.8 is also a good option if you want a little more reach than the 45, or if you'll be shooting macro.

stratlanta
Total Posts: 18

Thanks Jman13 - that's actually a combo I hadn't considered... but will now. My head is swimming a bit with all the choices. Appreciate the input!

kewlcanon
Total Posts: 4411

Buy used @ B&S forum:

EM-5 $800
14 $175
25 $425
60 $450

stratlanta wrote:
Hi all! New to the forums but have literally read every post in this thread. Hoping I can get your opinion on the best "baseline" lenses for a new OMD purchase. As a little background: I want to use it for a trip I have coming up in about a month, so lots of landscape, scenic and walk around, then after that it would be used for tons of kid photography around the house, in parks, soccer games, parties, etc.

I've had most of the "big name" SLR's but am really looking for something smaller, more portable and really easy to use. Lately I just don't want to haul around my big SLR and zooms. I shoot RAW occasionally, but also use a lot of JPEG when convenience and speed are my main concerns (wife doesn't always want to wait for me to process a bunch of RAW images before she can send them out!).

I love what I see from the images posted here (tons of talented photographers!) but I'm really struggling with which lenses to dive into first. I'd like to keep it under or around $2k for the package (plus or minus a bit if necessary), with color and sharp images being my main fixations...

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me posting this here but I'd like to get ideas from those who have been using the system. Hope I have provided enough info.

EW

ultrapix
Total Posts: 656

OM-D + 12-50, 25 1.4, 45 1.8

bmwrider75
Total Posts: 336

I would go 12/2, 25/1.4, and 45/1.8

If you buy used, you should be able to get all three lenses for about $1200 or so. Plus $800 for a used body.

dc

1       2       3              111      
       113              265       266       end