Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0 available in August!
/forum/topic/1126957/0

Fred Miranda
Total Posts: 17417

Canon has today announced an exciting new firmware upgrade for the popular EOS 7D digital SLR camera. Available for download from August 7th, 2012, firmware Version 2.0.0 introduces a number of enhancements that will allow photographers and videographers to get more out of their camera.
Firmware Version 2.0 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:

1. Increased maximum burst during continuous RAW shooting (from 15 frames to 25 frames)
2. Support for the GPS Receiver GP-E2 (optional accessory)
3. In-camera RAW processing
4. In-camera rating function
5. JPEG resizing
6. Quick Control during Playback
7. Audio Level Adjustment
8. Manual File Naming
9. Faster scrolling of magnified images.

Read the full Press Release. Download the updated manual.

wayne_eddy
Total Posts: 461

Liking this update!

Pity the GP-E2 is so costly. I'll just time/date my own hand held GPS in for images should it be necessary.

Would be great if I could mount my Garmin to the hot shoe in some way.

David Baldwin
Total Posts: 2818

Does such an advanced firmware update suggest that there won't be a 7D2 this year?

canon.eos30d
Total Posts: 4417

I really want to see what Canon can do with the firmware for 1D Mark IV.

jerbear00
Total Posts: 665

Sweeeeetttt!!!! That is awesome that they would boost the buffer from 15 -> 25 RAW. That is awesome. Does make you wonder why they didn't do this to begin with but whatever.

Thanks canon.

Fred Meebley
Total Posts: 175

Looking forward to this. Thank you Canon. This kind of customer support will quickly win the loyalty of many of your customers. It's working on me.

Skwirnmn
Total Posts: 144

David Baldwin wrote:
Does such an advanced firmware update suggest that there won't be a 7D2 this year?

This was my first thought.. but who knows.

jerbear00
Total Posts: 665

I am surprised this topic isn't getting more action. Thanks canon. Doubt Nikon would double the buffer on any of theirs....

Keith Sheridan
Total Posts: 354

wayne_eddy wrote:
Liking this update!

Pity the GP-E2 is so costly. I'll just time/date my own hand held GPS in for images should it be necessary.

Would be great if I could mount my Garmin to the hot shoe in some way.

While we are wishing, why can't the camera just have a gps receiver? I would hate to have something extra mounted to my 7d.

Even if the cost was the same, I would stick with my AMOD 3080. Easy enough to use and it doesn't need to be connected to the camera. Obvious downside is the extra step to synch the photos after shooting though.

AJvisual
Total Posts: 177

So much more could have been done long ago. The Magic Lantern firmware was able to do a lot more for the T2i and 60D. Good job Canon for taking your time on this one.