#503 Healing Hands
/forum/topic/1118205/0

DreamernTn
Total Posts: 185

Neurosurgeon operating on an elderly grandmother. First post. Would appreciate critique and suggestions. Had to use a G1X in the operating room. Felt like my 60d would attract too much attention from the people in charge. Thanks for looking.

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3626

lucky you to get into an operating room...I tried that route...with no luck. Patient/hospital consent...all that stuff...where is the fun in all that!

The image certainly fits the theme. The spotlight is nice, the fade to black is nice. It might make some folks a little squeamish...but I grew up around it so it doesn't bother me. A fine first WA entry. Welcome to the addiction...

robert829
Total Posts: 525

WOw i like this nice capture here.The spotlight really nailed it

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3099

Nice shot for your first post, I can feel that in my back,

Norm

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1325

A great first post, and an entry to be proud of...

The combination of bright spotlight, the dark background, and the concealing surgical drapes highlight the overall subject (the sterilized operating field); the surgeon's finger and the steel instrument take the eye even deeper, into the patient's body itself, where the REAL subject lies....

Great Work, DreamernTn.
Jerry
(Murfreesboro, eh? I'm just over in Columbia )

mark fadely
Total Posts: 7040

Great shot and welcome to the WA. I believe I could benefit from a little neurosurgery.

svassh
Total Posts: 659

Lighting and exposure are fantastic but I have to look away...

kellermsu
Total Posts: 952

I really like the composition and the lighting. Very interesting...

Jim

DreamernTn

Thank you for all the comments. I appreciate you taking the time to post. Ann

DreamernTn

robert829 wrote:
WOw i like this nice capture here.The spotlight really nailed it

Thanks Robert. I liked the way the light isolated the subject as well. As I had no control over the lighting, fortunately for me that was the conditions he was operating under.

DreamernTn

kellermsu wrote:
I really like the composition and the lighting. Very interesting...

Jim

Thank you Jim. I have always loved the photographs I have seen with "hands" as the subject. The elderly, the sweet babies, newlyweds etc., they all seem to tell a story.

DreamernTn

svassh wrote:
Lighting and exposure are fantastic but I have to look away...

Thanks and so sorry... , I am so used to it (I work in an OR), I never thought of it as gruesome to some.

DreamernTn

mark fadely wrote:
Great shot and welcome to the WA. I believe I could benefit from a little neurosurgery.

Thanks for the welcome. People here are soooo good, I feel really out of my league. But I learn something new everyday and you have to start somewhere, I guess. I appreciate others on the boards taking time out of their busy day to help the newbies.
So you need a little fixing up? Come on down (or over) to Murfreesboro, I will put ya to sleep and Healing Hands will get you fixed up.

DreamernTn

Tenn.Jer wrote:
A great first post, and an entry to be proud of...

The combination of bright spotlight, the dark background, and the concealing surgical drapes highlight the overall subject (the sterilized operating field); the surgeon's finger and the steel instrument take the eye even deeper, into the patient's body itself, where the REAL subject lies....

Great Work, DreamernTn.
Jerry
(Murfreesboro, eh? I'm just over in Columbia )

Ahh a fellow Tennessean Thank you for your comments. I am still learning but I was pleased with the photo. It won't win any awards but I'll hopefully I'll get better, then look out lol!

DreamernTn

Hightraxx wrote:
Nice shot for your first post, I can feel that in my back,

Norm

Thank you Norm. You won't feel a thing, I promise