#502 The Golden Glow of High Tech
/forum/topic/1116038/0

James Markus
Total Posts: 4419

EDIT for new photo

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3780

I like the image in concept, we all register it as some sort of computer related high tech part, but I wish more of it was in focus, and it felt less like the OOF was done in post, the line of focus is not graduated as it fades out.

twistedlim
Total Posts: 3127

Cool shot, I have no idea what it is

James Markus

Well Travis, you can't please em all the time...guess I missed the mark as far as you are concerned. btw...it may feel like the oof was done in post processing but it wasn't.

I'm not convinced the geometry is apparent in this image - or it is too weird. There are two cpus in this image (AMD Turion 64 x2 for laptops)...as the cpu substrate material makes a diagonal in one direction - the DOF make a perpendicular swath in the opposite diagonal. The two intersecting slices isn't working for me either...it needs something dramatic at that intersection...and roughly the size of some fly poo. Lacking any dramatic fly poo sized items in my props...I've decided to just do a more straight forward shot.

Travis Rhoads wrote:
I like the image in concept, we all register it as some sort of computer related high tech part, but I wish more of it was in focus, and it felt less like the OOF was done in post, the line of focus is not graduated as it fades out.

James Markus

Thanks Rich. It is two cpus - lying pin side to pin side. For some scale...the brown transistor in the top right hand corner of the frame measures 0.03125" x 0.0625" (approx 1/32 x 1/16th of an inch), and the pins are roughly the thickness of a human hair.

twistedlim wrote:
Cool shot, I have no idea what it is

Travis Rhoads

Sorry if my comments were out of line. Maybe my eyes are not too good anymore.

Travis Rhoads

FWIW...I like the new image A LOT more. And your explanation of the scale tells me you likely used a macro lens, which makes more sense with the DoF falloff.

mark fadely
Total Posts: 7082

I like this shot. I saw the previous one and I agree this edition is better. The DOF and composition work nicely. It says High Tech to me.

twistedlim
Total Posts: 3127

Like the new one a lot better (not that the other was not good) but the lighting, geometric pattern and depth of field make this more interesting.

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1458

I didn't see the first, but it matters not; I like all the cool repeating diagonals and triangles in this one; the fade-out makes the golden triangle motif (the repeating pins form triangles of their own) seem to recede right on out there into infinity...a well-conceived and well-executed photograph...
Jerry

cmM.
Total Posts: 865

I think this is very fitting with the current theme !
Well done

cmM.

James Markus

Thanks Guys!