#502 Red Ring of Death
/forum/topic/1114519/0

BertoBuckeye
Total Posts: 105

If any of you are xbox owners you probably already know about the red ring of death. Basically it means your xbox is done. I've tried to fix it but gave up and got another with the improved fans. Never thought having the old one around would make a good subject!

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3780

Kind of like the blue screen of death huh...I like the image, seeing the circuit board and the tech bits in the back with the nice ominous red glow, very nice image.

Pete A
Total Posts: 585

A very nice image and as Travis says, the circuit board and bits gives the image that extra bit.

Fortunately, when mine suffered the same, it was still under warranty.

nburwell
Total Posts: 3373

You know what that means? Time to get a PS3! My Xbox did the exact same thing and it was out of warranty. I decided to just junk it, and purchased a PS3. In the 3+ years since I've owned it, I have yet to experience any issues with my system. And I use it a lot to play games and watch blu-ray movies on it.

BTW, very nice image!

-Nick

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3780

spontaneous failure...isn't Xbox made by Microsoft...

Cobaltdog
Total Posts: 22

Great Image!

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3151

Guess your seeing red, I would have to get an extended warranty next time. Cool shot for the assignment.

Norm

BertoBuckeye
Total Posts: 105

Thanks all! Actually I had it replaced in Warranty once already. This time it was out of warranty, but the new design fixed it (allegedly). I almost went with the PS3 but I have so much already invested in games, controllers, etc that it wasn't worth it. Also a lot of good friends I play with aren't on PS3.

Glad to get an early start on the assignment though. Its nice to sit back and see what everyone comes up with without worrying that your idea might get taken!

mark fadely
Total Posts: 7082

Been there done that with my son. This is a cool shot that shows the frustrating perils of new tech. Being without Xbox is a death sentence for the owner.