#97 Oldest City Hall in Arizona
/forum/topic/1113246/0

normsmith
Total Posts: 4041

Built in 1882 and still functioning as a City Hall in the "Town To Tough to Die."

Good Luck All
Norm

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3157

Very nice Norm, a lot of history threw those doors, I would like to see the crop at the bottom more level it is just a little distracting.

Norm

normsmith

Hightraxx wrote:
Very nice Norm, a lot of history threw those doors, I would like to see the crop at the bottom more level it is just a little distracting.

Norm

Thanks Norm, I cropped a different image. The problem is that building is on sloping ground, as is much the town of Tombstone.
Norm

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3881

I agree about cropping out the scene left and right, going vertical, but not that tight to the bottom. Needs a little room. Might look really nice in B&W too.

normsmith

Travis Rhoads wrote:
I agree about cropping out the scene left and right, going vertical, but not that tight to the bottom. Needs a little room. Might look really nice in B&W too.

Travis and Norm,

Sorry but I can't incorporate both of your suggestions.. I don't have enough at the bottom to work with. I may return to Tombstone and retake the shot.
Norm

weissj
Total Posts: 794

I agree about the crop. You might also consider a slightly wider aperture. I've read that, with digital sensors at least, an aperture over 9.0 or so can actually reduce sharpness.

If you do revisit the scene, maybe go at a time when the sun isn't casting shadows on the building too?

normsmith

weissj wrote:
I agree about the crop. You might also consider a slightly wider aperture. I've read that, with digital sensors at least, an aperture over 9.0 or so can actually reduce sharpness.

If you do revisit the scene, maybe go at a time when the sun isn't casting shadows on the building too?

Well, I found another image that I have cropped to address various concerns but this is my last submission. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Norm