Canon 5D Mark III and Nikon D800 Review!
/forum/topic/1106751/0

Fred Miranda
Total Posts: 17673

I just had the time of my life testing out two incredible new cameras, the Canon 5D Mark III and the Nikon D800. I took them to Yosemite and Mono Lake for a little over a week and would like to share with you my personal review.

"You'll never really know the truth about a camera until you get your hands on it and take it out into the field…and once you start printing your images there's nowhere to hide. I had high expectations for the new Canon 5D Mark III. Don't get me wrong. My current 5D Mark II has been amazing. I love my lenses especially the tilt and shift ones, but I am always searching for bigger and better things. So, after almost four years when Canon finally announced the released a new full-frame SLR, I couldn't wait to see what this new body was capable of. That was until I found out about the new Nikon D800 hitting the market at around the same time. Sure Canon has made some great improvements, but it just didn't seem geared towards landscape shooters like me.

This new Nikon promised a 36MP Exmor sensor, which would rocket the industry like nothing we had ever seen before. I literally lost sleep thinking about the possibilities for my photography if I started shooting with Nikon instead. After years of investing in Canon glass, how would this new Nikon sensor change the tonal range, colors, and small details in my prints? Would it be worth the switch?"

To read the entire review, click here:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/5DIII-D800