#496 Night Blooms
/forum/topic/1102563/0

twistedlim
Total Posts: 3127

Another Saturday night in our thriving metropolis...

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1422

I like the low angle, and the red that repeats throughout the photo. Good job on the assignment...

Jerry

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3772

I agree with Jerry, cery nicely done. Great aperture choice, just enough detail in the background.

Oregon Gal
Total Posts: 1871

It's a great shot!

twistedlim

Thanks! I really went back and forth with the aperture using various lens. I had to laugh this morning as I ran into 2 people at church who saw me (I did not notice them) and and they asked me why I was laying down on my stomach on the sidewalk last night.

mark fadely
Total Posts: 7082

I really like this one. I just wish the tulips were a bit closer to align with the macro theme, but then you might not be able to stop down far enough to make a reconizable BG. Great creative idea here.

twistedlim

Thanks Mark. I was faced with the trade off and I had to make a quick decision as I was laying in the flower bed on Main St outside the cinema as people walked by... Maybe the 24-70 would have given me a bit more of the macro feel but alas it was in the car and I was laying in the flower bed.

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3772

I think that in the terms of this theme, a true 1:1 macro image, would render you with no discernible background that ties to urban. Maybe I am wrong, maybe we all are, and need to have true 1:1 macro images of urban debris.

James Markus
Total Posts: 4405

Wow, photogs are like golfers...they will do almost anything to get the shot. Good one!

twistedlim wrote:
Thanks! I really went back and forth with the aperture using various lens. I had to laugh this morning as I ran into 2 people at church who saw me (I did not notice them) and and they asked me why I was laying down on my stomach on the sidewalk last night.