#496 Fenced In
/forum/topic/1102547/0

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3772

My friend Derrick and I went on an impromptu photo walk in Atlanta tonight. I was giving my new to me 24-70L a workout, looking for Urban Macro. We got harassed by the po-po, and found construction in places that we had hoped to shoot...but I am happy with my take away for the assignment...I hope y'all like it too. Good luck to everyone this week.

mark fadely
Total Posts: 7082

Very nice Travis. Good combo getting the Macro theme with a motion urban background. Well done!

Travis Rhoads

mark fadely wrote:
Very nice Travis. Good combo getting the Macro theme with a motion urban background. Well done!

Thanks Mark. This was a fun assignment, and I got to get out and shoot for a couple hours.

Oregon Gal
Total Posts: 1882

Travis, I think this is a great shot, well done.

Travis Rhoads

Oregon Gal wrote:
Travis, I think this is a great shot, well done.

Thank you very much, I am glad you like it. We hung out at this spot for over an hour waiting for the right light and traffic flow.

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1427

Great framing with the fence, and the radiating red tail light lines lead right into the city skyline...
I like this.
Jerry

Travis Rhoads

Tenn.Jer wrote:
Great framing with the fence, and the radiating red tail light lines lead right into the city skyline...
I like this.
Jerry

Thanks Jerry. I was worried that it would feel too centered, but sometimes that seems to be whats called for.

tgawczynski
Total Posts: 82

This is sweet. I like the fence framing the shot with everything else being oof. Very nice.

Ho1972
Total Posts: 1263

I like the mixture of the abstract and the concrete.

Travis Rhoads

xxtd0gxx wrote:
This is sweet. I like the fence framing the shot with everything else being oof. Very nice.

Thanos for the kind words. The bokeh of the 24-70 is really something special, it is so smooth, I had to show that off for this WA.

Travis Rhoads

Ho1972 wrote:
I like the mixture of the abstract and the concrete.

Thanks. That juxtaposition was what was in mind when I thought up the shot.

twistedlim
Total Posts: 3127

Nice shot. I have always been afraid someone would mistake my intentions if I set a tripod on an overpass. Nice colors and composition.

Travis Rhoads

twistedlim wrote:
Nice shot. I have always been afraid someone would mistake my intentions if I set a tripod on an overpass. Nice colors and composition.

Thanks Rich. This location was a bridge with a large sidewalk, benches and a decorative screen and fencing. No one harassed us at this location. We got harassed in what we thought were public streets, mistaken for pro photographers doing commercial work I guess...ha!

James Markus
Total Posts: 4411

I think your concept nails this weeks topic. I just wish the framing wasn't so centered.

Travis Rhoads

James Markus wrote:
I think your concept nails this weeks topic. I just wish the framing wasn't so centered.

Hi James, thanks for the comments. I too wish it was not centered, but all of the other comps I tried, did not work as well, either cut off too much of the buildings in the background, or obscured the apex of the roadway which made the light blurs end on the piece of the fence...I just could not get away from the centered comp, nothing else seemed to work as nice.

robert829
Total Posts: 535

i like this one travis color and composition

Travis Rhoads

robert829 wrote:
i like this one travis color and composition

Thanks Robert. I appreciate the comments.