Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/90

1       2       3              90      
       92              578       579       end

cputeq
Total Posts: 6039

Nice, I like the color of the barn vs the green field.

Alexey011
Total Posts: 61

Thank you cputeq!

cputeq

Went traveling / shooting with family - not the best time of day (midday, too much contrast) but it was still fun. All with the 18-55.

DSCF5860-Edit by J L Smith, on Flickr

DSCF5924-Edit by J L Smith, on Flickr

DSCF5918 by J L Smith, on Flickr

DSCF5907 by J L Smith, on Flickr

mfoto
Total Posts: 2412

X-Pro1, XF 35 1.4R, ISO 200, f/11

Camtography
Total Posts: 52

From a wedding this past week

Chrystal and Justin by Camtography, on Flickr

X-Pro 1 + 18-55

mfoto
Total Posts: 2412

And one from yesterday afternoon. Processed using VSCO film 03:

cputeq

Dialing in a B&W JPEG preset - I like, except for maybe people (see #3) - I might have to dial in one for people or a less edgy look.

Xbox by J L Smith, on Flickr

kitchen noir by J L Smith, on Flickr

DSCF6092 by J L Smith, on Flickr

rxgolf
Total Posts: 2414

mfoto wrote:
X-Pro1, XF 35 1.4R, ISO 200, f/11

Very nice long exposure!
Greg

rxgolf
Total Posts: 2414

cputeq wrote:
Dialing in a B&W JPEG preset - I like, except for maybe people (see #3) - I might have to dial in one for people or a less edgy look.

Xbox by J L Smith, on Flickr

kitchen noir by J L Smith, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jl_smith/8861048464/]
[/url]
DSCF6092 by J L Smith, on Flickr

It looks at least close on the third. I am not so sure you are not there.
They look good to me!
Greg

michael49
Total Posts: 5748

Took the 18-55 for a hike and I'm really liking this lens. I was torn between it and the 18 f/2, I'm generally not much of a zoom lover (except for teles), but so far the 18-55 is winning me over.

The AF is so much faster and quieter than the 35 1.4, wish the 35's AF could be as nice as the 18-55's. I was impressed at how well it did focusing in a forest in mixed light, as well as the metering of the X-E1....

18mm, f/3.6, ISO 800...

Up to the peak, 18mm, f/2.8, ISO 800....

Almost there!, 20.5mm, f/3.2.....

At the summit, 21mm, f/4.5.....(impressive dynamic range - RAW PP in LR)....

On the descent....18mm, f/2.8, ISO 800....

FD 50 1.4 @ f/1.4....

FD 50 1.4 again, f/2....

justruss
Total Posts: 6528

michael49 wrote:
Took the 18-55 for a hike and I'm really liking this lens. I was torn between it and the 18 f/2, I'm generally not much of a zoom lover (except for teles), but so far the 18-55 is winning me over.

The AF is so much faster and quieter than the 35 1.4, wish the 35's AF could be as nice as the 18-55's. I was impressed at how well it did focusing in a forest in mixed light, as well as the metering of the X-E1....

Amherst, huh?

At the end of high school three friends and I camped out on that little overlook/rock above the small cliff. In the morning we had a small (surely illegal) campfire. Then we walked back down the hill, cutting through another of our friend's backyards on the way home.

Here it is in a different season, years ago (though not nearly old enough for HS, or college for that matter), with a different, non-alt camera:

cputeq

I thought these turned out pretty well:

Turning by J L Smith, on Flickr

Rock on a hill by J L Smith, on Flickr

Cactus by J L Smith, on Flickr

Cactus on a hill by J L Smith, on Flickr

Approach by J L Smith, on Flickr

Joeri89
Total Posts: 139

Haven't used the 35mm in a while, most work I do with the Fuji is with adapted glass. Had to work in a narrow space yesterday and was forced to use it. I almost forgot that it's such a nice piece of glass

chris78cpr
Total Posts: 5700

Joeri89 wrote:
Haven't used the 35mm in a while, most work I do with the Fuji is with adapted glass. Had to work in a narrow space yesterday and was forced to use it. I almost forgot that it's such a nice piece of glass

Great shot!

Rob_O
Total Posts: 415

Attended a 'concert' last night with 14 y/o son -- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis -- at a smallish venue in London. Carried along the X-E1 with 35 f/1.4 because it's just so easy to tote around. Took a few shots over the course of the show; nothing special and shooting blind most of the time. Had a few good results, a few that are technically poop but memories for my son, and a bunch that went straight to the bin.

The conditions highlighted (again) the need for a minium shutter speed when using Auto ISO. I should have probably gone full manual at a set ISO instead (too many at ISO 400 and 1/100s when I'd liked to have had 1/400s and been happy at ISO 6400 the whole night).

I was also in Provia mode for some reason, and while I shoot RAW+Fine, these are all jpegs from the camera (resized with slight NR and sharpening) so the color/contrast might be a bit strong.

Anyway ...

"Opening act" (some random DJ)

It's funny ... they asked me upon entry if my lens was interchangeable (umm, no) yet nearly 1 in 5 concert goers videotaped nearly the entire show on mobile phones. I think they're chasing the wrong problem.

Cropping helped stretch the FOV without too much of a hit on resolution

And the guy sat next to me must have been a critic or writer, as he took notes the entire show

cputeq

Re shutter speed -- just enable autoiso 6400 and specify a shutter speed on the dial, presto -- auto iso with minimum shutter entry -- aka Manual mode with operational autoISO.

michael49
Total Posts: 5748

justruss wrote:
Amherst, huh?

At the end of high school three friends and I camped out on that little overlook/rock above the small cliff. In the morning we had a small (surely illegal) campfire. Then we walked back down the hill, cutting through another of our friend's backyards on the way home.

Here it is in a different season, years ago (though not nearly old enough for HS, or college for that matter), with a different, non-alt camera:

Small world. I've thought about camping up there myself!

TheGloriousEnd
Total Posts: 22

JL, those cactus shots are lovely! Makes me miss the west even more...

Here's a shot from a visit to NYC two months ago...definitely one of my favorites from the trip =)
I was perhaps a bit overenthusiastic in post, hence the slightly blow reds....though honestly it doesn't bother me much.

One blustery night in Chinatown... by The Glorious End, on Flickr

theophilus
Total Posts: 840

Quick questions as I consider selling my Sony kit and going back to Fuji (used to have an X100):

Can you de-couple the AF from the shutter button on either the X-Pro or XE? I.e. can you make it AE and shutter release and assign the AF to a different button?

Also the focus-peaking is only in the X100S right now?

Joeri89
Total Posts: 139

theophilus wrote:
Quick questions as I consider selling my Sony kit and going back to Fuji (used to have an X100):

Can you de-couple the AF from the shutter button on either the X-Pro or XE? I.e. can you make it AE and shutter release and assign the AF to a different button?

Also the focus-peaking is only in the X100S right now?

1: Yes, by putting it on manual focus, and using the AF-L button on the back (which enables AF, even when the camera is set to manual focus). The shutter will work as a AE lock in this case.
2: Yes, indeed.

1       2       3              90      
       92              578       579       end