Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/69

1       2       3              69      
70
       71              319       320       end

tardegardo
Registered: Jan 26, 2013
Total Posts: 75
Country: Italy

BokehBeauty wrote:
This was a scene too nice to miss.








so nice indeed


tardegardo
Registered: Jan 26, 2013
Total Posts: 75
Country: Italy

KatieInTexas wrote:
35mm


Lovely portrait



Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10689
Country: United States

Left a little early this morning and got some pre-dawn light. Both with 18-55:













And here's the first one in black and white.







tardegardo
Registered: Jan 26, 2013
Total Posts: 75
Country: Italy

amazing shots



naturephoto1
Registered: Nov 09, 2005
Total Posts: 1680
Country: United States

Here are 3 images taken with my tripod mounted Fujifilm X-E1 camera and my Leica 100mm f2.8 Apo Telyt lens after a light snowfall on March 17, 2013. Images processed in LR4.4RC and larger than life size in the size presented so very little DOF. First image shot I believe wide open, the other two at about f8.0.

Rich



Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10689
Country: United States

One more from this morning. Also with the 18-55:







allstarimaging
Registered: Mar 24, 2006
Total Posts: 1865
Country: United States

JMAN13 wrote: One more from this morning. Also with the 18-55:

Great composition and colors. Can you tell me are these handheld or tripod? I have an XE-1 being shipped to me now from B&H with the Fuji 35 1.4. Looking at these I'm starting to think that I should have added the "kit lens" in there as well. Thanks for posting
Jack



Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10689
Country: United States

Thanks! These are all tripod mounted with long exposures. The last one is the shortest exposure, at 8.5 seconds. The 18-55 is a very good lens, though not a truly great lens. It's better than your average kit lens, and the extra speed is good, but it's a little finicky at times. Images can be quite sharp, but I find sometimes this lens misfocuses from time to time, which is odd.

I have the 35/1.4 too, which is a great lens. Beautiful rendering. not quite as sharp as my PL 25/1.4 for m4/3 at wide apertures, but the way it draws is so good (and it's quite sharp in the center wide open) that I don't care at all. Wonderful lens. So, my Fuji kit is the 18-55, 35/1.4 and Zeiss 90/2.8 Sonnar (contax G). I have adapters for my Canon FD lenses too, as well as an EF adapter for my Rokinon 85/1.4 and OM 50/3.5 macro, as well as my Hexanon 57/1.2, but all those are more specialty use.



Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10689
Country: United States

Two quick skyline shots (same place, different framing) from tonight, again with the 18-55. It was windy as all getout (30-40MPH), so I'm glad I have a sturdy tripod. These are 10 and 15 second exposures, so the wind could have really messed these up. Luckily, no issues:













KatieInTexas
Registered: Jan 27, 2011
Total Posts: 1060
Country: United States

Jman13 wrote:
The 18-55 is a very good lens, though not a truly great lens. It's better than your average kit lens, and the extra speed is good, but it's a little finicky at times. Images can be quite sharp, but I find sometimes this lens misfocuses from time to time, which is odd.

I have the 35/1.4 too, which is a great lens. Beautiful rendering. not quite as sharp as my PL 25/1.4 for m4/3 at wide apertures, but the way it draws is so good (and it's quite sharp in the center wide open) that I don't care at all. Wonderful lens.


So, you prefer the 35 drawing and are annoyed by the misfocus of the zoom? Does the zoom sharpness seem acceptable to you? I've found my 35 misses focus, too ... but thought that was just part of the fuji system and their new-to-me focusing.



Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10689
Country: United States

Yeah, the sharpness is fine. The 18-55 doesn't misfocus often. Most of the time it's dead on. It's just that every once in a while, it'll misfocus for no good reason at all (in good light). And not by all that much...just enough to make the picture go wonky. It's on maybe 1% of images. I find when I do my job carefully, I get pretty good results out of the 18-55. It's not as good as the 35, but it's pretty good. The night shots above are very sharp.



asbalyan
Registered: May 28, 2003
Total Posts: 378
Country: United States

Jman13 wrote:
Two quick skyline shots (same place, different framing) from tonight, again with the 18-55. It was windy as all getout (30-40MPH), so I'm glad I have a sturdy tripod. These are 10 and 15 second exposures, so the wind could have really messed these up. Luckily, no issues:









So you want me to wake up early and capture...

I have been to this place with camera hundred times, but never early morning... Never got this beautiful view... Superb capture...

My X100 (got from FM B/S forum) is on a way, this will be a place...


Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10689
Country: United States

Thanks! That shot you quoted, though, is from this evening (I shot both before dawn and after sunset today...inbetween working a 14 hour day!)



asbalyan
Registered: May 28, 2003
Total Posts: 378
Country: United States

Jman13 wrote:
Thanks! That shot you quoted, though, is from this evening (I shot both before dawn and after sunset today...inbetween working a 14 hour day!)


Ah.. Thanks for correcting..

Will be there this weekend with X100...



Camtography
Registered: Mar 01, 2013
Total Posts: 39
Country: Canada

I went for a bit of a walk the other day and found some gloves by one of the schools in my neighbourhoord.


Back Yard-2 by Camtography, on Flickr



Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10689
Country: United States

Since I posted the close and mid-range shots from last night...how about the wide:







andrenth
Registered: May 10, 2012
Total Posts: 61
Country: Brazil

Some street photos from downtown Rio de Janeiro.





frezeiss
Registered: Sep 13, 2011
Total Posts: 529
Country: Indonesia

Thanks you, Katie.. nice (self?) portrait also. Err..you should get the 14 mm but get the x100s first

Bokeh beauty, thanks! Thats a superb scene you captured your self.

A little OOT, finally gave up waiting for the 23 1.4. The X100s has arrived at my home



frezeiss
Registered: Sep 13, 2011
Total Posts: 529
Country: Indonesia

Jordan All quite nice but midrange version is better



xenor
Registered: Dec 06, 2012
Total Posts: 113
Country: N/A

So much beautiful work lately from everybody!
At the beach again with X-E1 and 18-55











1       2       3              69      
70
       71              319       320       end