Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/65

1       2       3              65      
66
       67              321       322       end

Brody LeBlanc
Registered: Oct 04, 2007
Total Posts: 1038
Country: Canada

f.hayek wrote:
Funny, I tried the XE-1 yesterday for the first time and it didn't seem that the EVF without focus peaking or other focus assist would lend itself to accurate MF. Do elaborate, please, if you don't mind...


I was specifically referring to the XE-1 being better for alt. glass over the X-Pro1 due to the higher resolution EVF.
With the 3x focus peaking, using manual focus glass is a breeze. At least for me it is.



ddjohns1
Registered: Feb 02, 2010
Total Posts: 33
Country: United States

Brody LeBlanc wrote:
f.hayek wrote:
Funny, I tried the XE-1 yesterday for the first time and it didn't seem that the EVF without focus peaking or other focus assist would lend itself to accurate MF. Do elaborate, please, if you don't mind...


I was specifically referring to the XE-1 being better for alt. glass over the X-Pro1 due to the higher resolution EVF.
With the 3x focus peaking, using manual focus glass is a breeze. At least for me it is.



With an additional click turn on the dial the EVF goes to 10x magnification, which is fantastic. (They should do a version that goes to 11 for Spinal Tap fans.)



Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10699
Country: United States

X-E1 and Hexanon 57mm f/1.2, wide open:







buggz2k
Registered: Mar 10, 2010
Total Posts: 1688
Country: United States

Fuji X-E1 and Fuji XF35/1.4, I love this combination!
back lit pear tree blossom, not cropped:



frezeiss
Registered: Sep 13, 2011
Total Posts: 529
Country: Indonesia

A few street with the 35 mm. Very nice lens, when it decides to focus correctly





























Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10699
Country: United States

Two from today, both with 18-55:













michael49
Registered: Jun 09, 2006
Total Posts: 5437
Country: United States

^ - love waterfall Jordan.



naturephoto1
Registered: Nov 09, 2005
Total Posts: 1700
Country: United States

frezeiss wrote:
Jman13 wrote:
I'd be interested in your thoughts between the 14/2.8 and the 21 Distagon. I don't expect the fuji to match that legendary glass, but I'd be interested in knowing how close it comes.


Jordan, I have both the ZF 21 and the Fuji 14 and so far I'm quite confident to keep the D700 at home when doing landscape shots. A few reason behind this:

1. The XE-1 combo is lighter and produces better colors than the D700 + ZF 21. This might change when I decided to upgrade to the D600 or the M 240.

2. The 14 mm doesnt vignette with the Cokin Z or Lee 100 holder while the ZF 21 does so and required cropping so it essetianly becomes a 23 mm.

3. Sharpness of the 14 mm is excellent, photozone says it aint that sharp in the corners but I havent detect it in real world samples to be worried. Perhaps this is what separates the 14 to the 21 though

However, I will still buy the Zeiss 12 as I prefer 18 mm equiv. to 21.


I have an f2.8 14mm Fujifilm lens scheduled for delivery tomorrow to compliment all of my Leica R glass on my X-E1. I hope that everything communicates properly between the camera and lens. I look forward to finally having an ultra wide angle lens to work with my digital cameras.

Rich



802walker
Registered: Aug 19, 2012
Total Posts: 125
Country: United States

naturephoto1 wrote:
frezeiss wrote:
Jman13 wrote:
I'd be interested in your thoughts between the 14/2.8 and the 21 Distagon. I don't expect the fuji to match that legendary glass, but I'd be interested in knowing how close it comes.


Jordan, I have both the ZF 21 and the Fuji 14 and so far I'm quite confident to keep the D700 at home when doing landscape shots. A few reason behind this:

1. The XE-1 combo is lighter and produces better colors than the D700 + ZF 21. This might change when I decided to upgrade to the D600 or the M 240.

2. The 14 mm doesnt vignette with the Cokin Z or Lee 100 holder while the ZF 21 does so and required cropping so it essetianly becomes a 23 mm.

3. Sharpness of the 14 mm is excellent, photozone says it aint that sharp in the corners but I havent detect it in real world samples to be worried. Perhaps this is what separates the 14 to the 21 though

However, I will still buy the Zeiss 12 as I prefer 18 mm equiv. to 21.


I have an f2.8 14mm Fujifilm lens scheduled for delivery tomorrow to compliment all of my Leica R glass on my X-E1. I hope that everything communicates properly between the camera and lens. I look forward to finally having an ultra wide angle lens to work with my digital cameras.

Rich



I'm looking forward to the UWA Zoom out later this year!



frezeiss
Registered: Sep 13, 2011
Total Posts: 529
Country: Indonesia

Rich, I'm sure you will enjoy the 14 mm. It is a no complaint kinda lens

A few with the 35 mm.






















veeresh.ai
Registered: Oct 09, 2010
Total Posts: 64
Country: United States

frezeiss,
The first one is brilliant! Looks like you got amazing light in most of those photos.



frezeiss
Registered: Sep 13, 2011
Total Posts: 529
Country: Indonesia

Thaknks, Veeresh! I sure did, the light was very nice. Actually, its my sleepy eyes that gets in the way



Brody LeBlanc
Registered: Oct 04, 2007
Total Posts: 1038
Country: Canada


Rest Your Head - XE-1 w/ Leica-R 35/2 by brodyl.91, on Flickr

Distant - XE-1 w/ Leica-R 35/2 by brodyl.91, on Flickr



KatieInTexas
Registered: Jan 27, 2011
Total Posts: 1061
Country: United States

Drove into town to drop the kids with my Mom for Spring Break and stopped at the camera store to drop off some color film for development. Made the huge mistake of testing out the 14mm on my XP1 ... dammit. Now I want one.



turbodude
Registered: Oct 21, 2006
Total Posts: 1387
Country: United States

just messing around... my xe-1 mounted to my 400.










Camtography
Registered: Mar 01, 2013
Total Posts: 39
Country: Canada

Haha wow



justruss
Registered: Jul 05, 2004
Total Posts: 4522
Country: United States

Turbodude: Try to actually focus that thing without a tripod though!



turbodude
Registered: Oct 21, 2006
Total Posts: 1387
Country: United States

i did, it was bad... especially because i didnt want any weight on the mount, just in case, luckily i have a RRS foot, so my 400 has a lower center of gravity.



Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10699
Country: United States

Quiet Saturday morning. X-E1 with Canon FD 50mm f/1.4:







tardegardo
Registered: Jan 26, 2013
Total Posts: 75
Country: Italy

Jman13 wrote:
Quiet Saturday morning. X-E1 with Canon FD 50mm f/1.4:







nice one Jordan,
I am planning to buy that lens too; how do you like it?
is that shot at f1.4?


1       2       3              65      
66
       67              321       322       end