Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/63

1       2       3              63      
       65              285       286       end

Camtography
Total Posts: 32

Back Yard by Camtography, on Flickr

This camera is such a joy to use. Fuji X-Pro 1 and 35mm lens.

frezeiss
Total Posts: 525

Jochenb, thanks you! Haven't seen a photo from you for a while..
ct8282, very cute portrait..I like the B&W treatment you applied
xenor, pretty colors & shadows

Qwerty64
Total Posts: 1238

Walkabout with the X-E1 and the 18-55mm.

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1640

Pardon my stupidity...
I increased the text size in my browser in order to better read the forum.
I guess it increases the size of everything also.
I now feel stupid, though, better.

buggz2k wrote:
Hmm, FM magnifies the photos, so it seems...

Brody LeBlanc
Total Posts: 1022

new puppppyyy!!!

Sadie - X-Pro1 w/ Leica R 35/2 by brodyl.91, on Flickr

Cut up - X-Pro1 w/ Fujinon 35/1.4 by brodyl.91, on Flickr

Tagged - X-Pro1 w/ Leica R 35/2 by brodyl.91, on Flickr

adam-0788 by brodyl.91, on Flickr

Branch - X-Pro1 w/ Leica R 35/2 by brodyl.91, on Flickr

WavecrestPhoto
Total Posts: 140

Brody - these look great! How do you find focusing the manual glass on your fuji? I've been giving it a lot of thought for my m mount glass. I'm ok with moderately moving subjects on the Leica, but wondered how it would be with the X1. Apologies if this question has been asked and answered already! Thanks!!
Kevin

Jman13
Total Posts: 10321

Some handheld shots at dusk with 18-55, first at ISO 3200, second at ISO 800:

Joseph Marney
Total Posts: 1387

XE-1, XF35mm f1.4

Joseph Marney
Total Posts: 1387

XE-1, XF 35mm

frezeiss
Total Posts: 525

Nice set Jordan!

Anyone here owning and XE-1 but resisting badly the GAS of getting the X100s?

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 1545

Here are some photos taken with my X-E1 camera and my Leica 35-70mm f4 Vario Elmar zoom lens. I had to work these in LR4.4RC, particularly the ones of the Sunset. I did not have time to use my Singh-Ray Grad ND filters and had to do the work in LR. A little sharpening was used in the original file before resizing. The only file with additional sharpening after resizing was the first.

Rich

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 1545

Here are some photos taken with my X-E1 camera and my Leica 280mm f4 Apo Telyt lens. I had to work these in LR4.4RC, I did not have time to use my Singh-Ray Grad ND filters and had to do the work in LR. A little sharpening was used in the original file before resizing. No additional sharpening after re-sizing.

Rich

Jman13

frezeiss wrote:
Nice set Jordan!

Anyone here owning and XE-1 but resisting badly the GAS of getting the X100s?

Thanks! I had the X100s on pre-order, but canceled it when I decided to get the X-E1 and 35/1.4 instead (for the same price). I think I made the right decision. Even though I only have the 35/1.4 and 18-55 at the moment, I, of course, now have access to tons of my lenses via adapter as well, so it made more sense. I only sometimes enjoy the 35mm FOV anyway, and I realized that my OM-D and 14mm f/2.5 makes for a package just as small, but with awesome IBIS for times I want to go really small, and with the GX1, it's even smaller. If I wanted a fast 35mm equivalent, the Olympus 17mm f/1.8 is less than half the price of an X100s, so it didnt' make a lot of sense for me to go that route...but getting a higher image quality system for the same cost? Made a little more sense.

WavecrestPhoto

Anybody using the Xpro or X-E1 care to comment on using it with manual adapted glass? Is it easy to achieve focus? Possible to shoot somewhat quickly on the fly?

Jman13

Generally, it's pretty easy. The EVF in the X-E1 is very high res, so in decent light, it is pretty easy to see where the focus point is, though in low light, it gets a little laggy and can be difficult at times. It is easy to zoom by pressing the rear wheel, which easily allows for extremely precise focus, though for some reason you can't zoom the viewfinder when it's writing an image to the card, so after shooting, you need to wait for the buffer to clear before zooming again. Overall, I find it easier with something like the X-E1 over a DSLR...it's easier to see what's in and out of focus.

Brody LeBlanc
Total Posts: 1022

WavecrestPhoto wrote:
Brody - these look great! How do you find focusing the manual glass on your fuji? I've been giving it a lot of thought for my m mount glass. I'm ok with moderately moving subjects on the Leica, but wondered how it would be with the X1. Apologies if this question has been asked and answered already! Thanks!!
Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Focusing manual glass isn't too hard with the X-Pro1, obviously you need to get use to the EVF first.
Having the 3x magnification is great, but I often can focus without magnifying.
Using the Leica R glass with the Speed Booster helps a lot of being able to see the depth of field more clearly.
If you're buying an X series camera to use third party glass, I'd highly recommend the XE-1 over the X-Pro1 due to the higher resolution EVF. Hope this helps .

WavecrestPhoto

Thanks Brody - this helps a lot! I've been shooting M8 for a while now and love the RF System, but wanted to add something smaller and lighter. It sounds like the X-E1 would be the way to go. I'm going to road test an NEX7 tomorrow to try the focus peaking, but I prefer the ergonomics and the look of the Fuji files much more from what I've seen so far. Getting feedback from people who have been down this road helps very much! It will be awesome to have a portable body with great IQ for long shooting days!

WavecrestPhoto

Jman - thank you as well. I use Zeiss manual glass on my Canons and do fairly well with the 35mm and 50 mp. The focus confirmation is dialed in so that tends to help a great deal. Are the write times to card very long? Hopefully I'll be able to focus without zoom so this won't slow things down. Looking forward to learning the new system - and also to a weight reduced additional body

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1715

frezeiss wrote:
Jochenb, thanks you! Haven't seen a photo from you for a while..

I haven't been shooting much lately. Also bought a Sony RX1 which I've been using instead of my X-E1.
I'm sure that'll change now I have the Fuji 14mm lens. It's lovely. Maybe not on the same level as my 21 distagon, but great nonetheless. It's much smaller and lighter.
BTW, apart from the IQ (the FF sony sensor is amazing) I think I like my X-E1 better than the RX1.

Jman13

I'd be interested in your thoughts between the 14/2.8 and the 21 Distagon. I don't expect the fuji to match that legendary glass, but I'd be interested in knowing how close it comes.

1       2       3              63      
       65              285       286       end