Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/60

1       2       3              60      
61
       62              312       313       end

Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10635
Country: United States

Bokeh Bubbles!







Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10635
Country: United States

Broke out my FD 50-300mm f/4.5L to try a few very long range candids. This is at 300mm wide open. This lens performs very well on m4/3, and it looks like it'll be awesome on APS-C as well. It's too bad it weighs a metric ton.







KatieInTexas
Registered: Jan 27, 2011
Total Posts: 1054
Country: United States

ceder wrote:
My favourite gas station:






X-Pro1, 18mm @f11


ssnap
Registered: Feb 14, 2005
Total Posts: 456
Country: United States

Last night was a lazy night.


DSCF8188 by snappshotk1000, on Flickr

My Great Grandmother turned 104!


DSCF8171 by snappshotk1000, on Flickr



Kaustubh
Registered: Apr 30, 2012
Total Posts: 272
Country: Hungary

Some shots with Leitz 90mm f2 and XP-1. This is the closes I could get to 135 L focal length and IQ.



Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10635
Country: United States

Do you have any pictures of the 90/2 on your XP1? I'm using the Rokinon 85mm f/1.4, which is actually really good on my X-E1. Pretty sharp wide open and beautiful bokeh, so it gives a great feel and has DOF similar to a 135/2 on FF, so it's great for the (relatively few) times I want that shallow, but it is rather large for such a small camera. The 90/2 could be a good compromise in size and speed (and likely with better image quality), though I don't think I'd like to spend that much.

I am, however, considering re-purchasing another Zeiss 85/2.8 Sonnar. One of my favorite lenses of all time...it pained me to sell it a few years ago.



jonrock
Registered: Jan 03, 2012
Total Posts: 444
Country: United States

Jman13 wrote:
I am, however, considering re-purchasing another Zeiss 85/2.8 Sonnar. One of my favorite lenses of all time...it pained me to sell it a few years ago.


How about a Contax G 90mm f2.8? I've seen pretty decent results from the lens floating around the NEX images thread. It seems to be a decent lens though I wish it was a stop faster and had a real focus ring.



nibutto
Registered: Oct 20, 2012
Total Posts: 187
Country: Italy



Great set. I especially like the one with the bicycle. Where were these shot?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=lazise+garda+google+maps&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=CCo3UcCXCaSm4ASagoGwBQ&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg







would love to see how performs the 23/1.4, probably I'll trade my 35 for the 23 as I like so much 35FF view.


crazeazn
Registered: Jul 16, 2005
Total Posts: 1722
Country: United States

the zeiss facebook page had a xpro 1 had a zeiss 32 1,8 mounted on it. looked hawt.



Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10635
Country: United States

jonrock wrote:
Jman13 wrote:
I am, however, considering re-purchasing another Zeiss 85/2.8 Sonnar. One of my favorite lenses of all time...it pained me to sell it a few years ago.


How about a Contax G 90mm f2.8? I've seen pretty decent results from the lens floating around the NEX images thread. It seems to be a decent lens though I wish it was a stop faster and had a real focus ring.


Yeah, it's the focusing there. I need a manual focus lens to be good to focus, not tough and rough, which is what I've heard it's like focusing the G lenses. The 90/2.8 and 85/2.8 I understand are essentially the same design, but with very minor changes for the 5mm in focal length.

My 85/2.8 was one of my all time faves, but I sold it when I switched to Micro 4/3, since the FOV was a little awkward for a prime, and I wouldn't use it much. On the X-E1, though, it'll be the perfect length. We'll see. No rush.



Kaustubh
Registered: Apr 30, 2012
Total Posts: 272
Country: Hungary

Jman13 wrote:
Do you have any pictures of the 90/2 on your XP1? I'm using the Rokinon 85mm f/1.4, which is actually really good on my X-E1. Pretty sharp wide open and beautiful bokeh, so it gives a great feel and has DOF similar to a 135/2 on FF, so it's great for the (relatively few) times I want that shallow, but it is rather large for such a small camera. The 90/2 could be a good compromise in size and speed (and likely with better image quality), though I don't think I'd like to spend that much.

I am, however, considering re-purchasing another Zeiss 85/2.8 Sonnar. One of my favorite lenses of all time...it pained me to sell it a few years ago.



- sadly I do not own the X pro 1 anymore, but I might some crude pictures of 90mm mounted on X pro 1 later today. In my experience the VC 75mm 2.5 makes aperfectly balance lens for X pro 1 with wonderful optics while the 90mm f2 needs a bit of getting used to since it is front heavy. I got used to it and have had no problems.



tardegardo
Registered: Jan 26, 2013
Total Posts: 75
Country: Italy




x-e1 and kit lens,
in Rome



mfoto
Registered: Sep 19, 2002
Total Posts: 2334
Country: Canada

^^ I like this and the PP.



xenor
Registered: Dec 06, 2012
Total Posts: 111
Country: N/A

X-E1 and Pentax M 50mm f/1.4






Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10635
Country: United States

Just having a little fun at my daughter's ballet class today. My daughter in four phases of a jump. X-E1 with 18-55:







veeresh.ai
Registered: Oct 09, 2010
Total Posts: 64
Country: United States

Jordan,
Very nice. Did you use multiple exposures in camera or blended them during post processing?

X-Pro1 + 35mm:


Neo / Mr. Anderson, The Matrix by Veeresh_ai, on Flickr


Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10635
Country: United States

veeresh.ai wrote:
Jordan,
Very nice. Did you use multiple exposures in camera or blended them during post processing?



Blended in post processing. Set it on 6fps burst, prefocused on the little alligator, and set it to 1/10sec at ISO 200 and fired away when she ran and jumped. I thought it was cool that each frame had her foot on the ground quite visibly, but that was just luck more or less.



veeresh.ai
Registered: Oct 09, 2010
Total Posts: 64
Country: United States

Jman13 wrote:
veeresh.ai wrote:
Jordan,
Very nice. Did you use multiple exposures in camera or blended them during post processing?



Blended in post processing. Set it on 6fps burst, prefocused on the little alligator, and set it to 1/10sec at ISO 200 and fired away when she ran and jumped. I thought it was cool that each frame had her foot on the ground quite visibly, but that was just luck more or less.


Yep, the foot at every step makes the shot for me. I had attempted something similar at a marathon last year but it was one shot with a long exposure. However, the sheer number of people participating ensured that I got a few feet on the ground with blurred bodies.



tardegardo
Registered: Jan 26, 2013
Total Posts: 75
Country: Italy

mfoto wrote:
^^ I like this and the PP.


Thank you, mate.



jonrock
Registered: Jan 03, 2012
Total Posts: 444
Country: United States

Jman13 wrote:

Yeah, it's the focusing there. I need a manual focus lens to be good to focus, not tough and rough, which is what I've heard it's like focusing the G lenses. The 90/2.8 and 85/2.8 I understand are essentially the same design, but with very minor changes for the 5mm in focal length.



It actually depends on Contax G lens and the adapter you use. On my NEX 5N, the 45mm f2.0 is a little bit rough while the 28mm f2.8 is quite smooth using fotodiox adapters. However, even with the smoother action on the 28mm f2.8, it's nothing like the smooth buttery manual focus of a Nikon Ai/Ai-s or Canon FD lens.



1       2       3              60      
61
       62              312       313       end