Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/52

1       2       3              52      
       54              295       296       end

weezintrumpete
Total Posts: 2274

nibutto, those are fantastic and have a great feel to them.

olelovold
Total Posts: 152

Been working on a series of self-portraits recently, inspired by Edward Hopper and Philip-Lorca diCorcia. More on my website.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15257

Very interesting shots! What is your thought process?

olelovold
Total Posts: 152

Thank you, I wrote an explanation on my website: This collection of self-portraits was taken as part of a project revolving around identity. Heavily influenced by realist painter Edward Hopper, I wanted to photograph feelings of resignation, boredom and solitude in an urban environment. They are a comment on urban life, but also personal, borrowing elements from my own life.

They're quite personal for me, obviously, but it was something I wanted to do as I just moved to London from a small Norwegian town little over a year ago, and I wanted to make a series that were about that. I mentioned diCorcia, he's got a lot of ambiguity in his photographs, something slightly disconcerting about them, which I really like and tried to go for as well.

apsphoto
Total Posts: 549

olelovold interesting shots, the one on your website of you sitting in the coffee shop does remind me of Edward Hopper. Nice work.

Alan

CoDaQue
Total Posts: 98

Excellent work Erik. Also on you website!

carstenw
Total Posts: 15257

Great shots, I love seeing people pursuing project-oriented work rather than just walk-about shots (not that walk-about shots can't be satisfying, but projects can just go deeper).

nibutto
Total Posts: 181

Thanks weezintrumpete

Joeri89
Total Posts: 88

Really like a lot of the b/w shots in this thread. Haven't touched the B/W function in my raw converter in years, but had to give it a try after reading that somehow the files from the X-trans sensor are so good for b/w

Jman13
Total Posts: 10445

Surprise!

jojomon11
Total Posts: 7274

Beautiful Joeri89

Lovely model and conversion

Phil

weezintrumpete
Total Posts: 2274

Joeri89 wrote:
Really like a lot of the b/w shots in this thread. Haven't touched the B/W function in my raw converter in years, but had to give it a try after reading that somehow the files from the X-trans sensor are so good for b/w

Fantastic. I'd love to see some more, if you have them. I'm curious how the X-Pro does for these types of shoots.

Joeri89
Total Posts: 88

weezintrumpete wrote:

Fantastic. I'd love to see some more, if you have them. I'm curious how the X-Pro does for these types of shoots.

Thanks a lot! Haven't finished some others of this specific set but will do when I have them. I posted a portrait taken with a summicron-m 90 through a dirty window at the same shoot a couple of pages ago (http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1097477/50#11358067), but it's completely different in style. Didn't really went for uniformity in that shoot, just throw a lot of different styles and setups at the X-E1 and see how it handles it

This was my first session with the X-E1: http://www.joerigeentjens.be/catherine/

Lovely stuff on your Flickr by the way!

Jman13
Total Posts: 10445

Wolfe Park Bridge - X-E1 and 35/1.4 @ f/8:

CoDaQue

[

This was my first session with the X-E1: http://www.joerigeentjens.be/catherine/

Those are spectacular!

Joseph Marney
Total Posts: 1388

CoDaQue wrote:
[

Those are spectacular!

+1

xenor
Total Posts: 111

Bored kitty (35mm f/1.4)

Sagar
Total Posts: 979

justruss
Total Posts: 4417

chris78cpr wrote:
Wow... these are fantastic bw shots!

Just a quick note: I changed how the photos were ordered on my website, so your quote now includes different photos. Just wanted to point this out-- so that other readers of the thread don't think you're crazy for referring to color photos as B&W! Sorry about that change.

twelveish

OK, one out of two things need to happen here. Either you all stop posting images, or I stop visiting the thread. I do not need another camera. I do not need another camera. I do not need another camera.

Beautiful B&W's guys. Truly.

Hmm, maybe another camera..?

1       2       3              52      
       54              295       296       end