Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/48

1       2       3              48      
       50              577       578       end

xenor
Total Posts: 115

It was too stormy to go out the other day so I was farting around in the bathroom with my new love interest, the 35mm f/1.4;

Brody LeBlanc
Total Posts: 1052

Just doing some thinking,
If I used the Adobe DNG converter, would I still have the same issues with the resulting DNG as I would with the RAF file?

monkeycolonel
Total Posts: 7

Yes, exactly the same.

Brody LeBlanc

monkeycolonel wrote:
Yes, exactly the same.

What would be another program that would have the same batch version?
I want to start switching all my files to DNGs.

Ssnycshoot
Total Posts: 244

Hi guys. Nice photos everyone.

I Recieved x-e1 yesterday and im super excited. Just won a contax g28mm 2.8 off eBay. I have few questions and I tried to Google it. Couldn't find any answer.

Does it have smearing or color shift issue on x-e1? If yes how should I correct it, I have light room 4 heard it doesn't work well with Fuji sensors.

Which adapter is best solution? Someone recommended metabne. I believe u can't swap lenses on metabone. Is there any alternative in case I want to add more contax g lens and don't have to buy another adapter?

Thanks in advance.

Dave McGaughey
Total Posts: 796

Brody LeBlanc wrote:
monkeycolonel wrote:
Yes, exactly the same.

What would be another program that would have the same batch version?
I want to start switching all my files to DNGs.

I wouldn't do this unless you also store the original RAW inside the DNG (should be an option for this). This will make your files quite a bit bigger, of course.

xenor
Total Posts: 115

X-E1 with TS-E 90mm

Kit Laughlin
Total Posts: 3917

Manual focus is very hard on the X-Pro1, since when you click the magnification wheel, it enlarges way too much (10x?). You have to sit down when you do this.
I never really liked the peak-thing on the NEX, it is all over - I prefer doing it with the 4x magnification (9x is too much - I use this for tripod work). Same with the canon, manual focus using live view is doable with 5x, 10x is for tripod. What do you guys think? Very frustrating!!!!

I find the magnification options on the X-E1 work very well, and if on a tripod, the higher mag. absolutely lets you see the in-focus zone move across the image (I was trying out the 50/1.4 Rokkor on the X-E1). From memory, the lower power option is 3x on the X-E1, too (someone correct me here, please).

KatieInTexas
Total Posts: 1229

X Pro 1 with 35 and CV 15 - Real Estate Job

Brody LeBlanc

Dave McGaughey wrote:
I wouldn't do this unless you also store the original RAW inside the DNG (should be an option for this). This will make your files quite a bit bigger, of course.

What would be the reason for not doing this? [changing to DNG without original RAW]

Dave McGaughey

Brody LeBlanc wrote:
Dave McGaughey wrote:

What would be the reason for not doing this? [changing to DNG without original RAW]

If you do this, you may not be able to process the RAW (now DNG files) in non-Adobe programs. I'm pretty sure CaptureOne, for example, can't read the X-Trans when in a DNG format.

justruss
Total Posts: 6523

The bigger question, Brody, is why you'd want to do that in the first place?

As I understand it you wouldn't be gaining flexibility in processing-- you'd be losing it.

Jochenb
Total Posts: 2077

X-E1 + 35/1.4 (OOC jpeg, astia):

Layers by Jochen-B, on Flickr

jjf88
Total Posts: 876

X pro 1 with the 35mm 1.4 shot raw...ACR processed with 10 points of clarity added

Dave McGaughey

jjf88 wrote:
X pro 1 with the 35mm 1.4 shot raw...ACR processed with 10 points of clarity added

Wow. The X-Trans smearing/watercolor effect is horrific in the license plate!

carstenw
Total Posts: 16163

I am not sure how you conclude that with such a low-res sample? Presumably any number of factors could be to blame, including the down-sizing technique, and anyway, I am not sure that I see any smearing there.

Jochenb
Total Posts: 2077

Dave McGaughey wrote:
jjf88 wrote:

You can't see it at these sizes. What you're referring to is just the result of downsizing/sharpening.

sebboh
Total Posts: 12605

Jochenb wrote:
Dave McGaughey wrote:
jjf88 wrote:

You can't see it at these sizes. What you're referring to is just the result of downsizing/sharpening.

i thought he was just making a joke about the licens number being edited out?

carstenw
Total Posts: 16163

Doh! You are right of course, I completely missed that

Dave McGaughey

sebboh wrote:
Jochenb wrote:
Dave McGaughey wrote:
jjf88 wrote:

i thought he was just making a joke about the licens number being edited out?

Thought it was obvious enough I didn't have to add a smiley face!

1       2       3              48      
       50              577       578       end