Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion
/forum/topic/1009161/160

1       2       3              160      
       162              225       226       end

Bifurcator
Total Posts: 9299

Some really beautiful images in here, that's for sure! Talent and glass, nice nice!

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4667

Thanks Jim. The cathedral felt very European to me despite being built in 1915. I will be going back there for more as I think I can do even better with the Panos.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15814

That red thing is very cool, Bif!

Bifurcator

Thanks Carsten,

It's a fracturous translucent stone of some sort back-lit with a red laser light.

Grenache
Total Posts: 1911

Are the silver threads external to the lenses (ZE) able to mount anything other than their hoods? I don't generally use their hoods as they tend to vignette and was curious if any Lee or Cokin square filter holders will fit them.

Thanks,
Jim

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Bif - Agree with Carsten. Very cool.

CY1.4/50

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4667

Bifurcator - love the series but especially those with the CY85!
Luka - Great set with the 50! You achieved some nice separation on the first.

A couple with the CY85 from me. The first at f/5.6 the second WO

Bifurcator

Thanks RJ,

Here's another. This time three different exposures put thru the free HDR app: "Luminance HDR" http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/ linked to in another thread: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1182024/0#11269990

carstenw

Another very cool shot! And Bob, I like that fan shot a lot!

R.Young
Total Posts: 960

Sorry for the re-post, but I re-edited and got rid of the CA
100 CY:

Richmond Park by Rob.Young, on Flickr

hiepphotog
Total Posts: 949

^Very nice composition with excellent mood

akul

Bob - Thanks. And I am a fan of a fan shot.

R Young - Love that shot. Quite an amazing moment and comp. I can easily see it again.

kururu
Total Posts: 120

R, Young, super shot, nice composition.

akul

ZF.2 1.4/35 @f4

R.Young

100 C/Y stitch

Victoria Park by Rob.Young, on Flickr

carstenw

Nice! How many shots?

R.Young

I think that one was about 30. It was pretty cold and I was peppering shots between wiping my camera and lens down from the snow, another one (which I'm yet to process) is over 80, but mainly because I decided to go wider midway through, so duplicated quite a lot. Now I've got an impossible task of deleting the duplicates back down to about the 50 or so it should have been. On a side note I think I've used up a roll of film in my Contax camera that slipped on the spool (it kept shooting way past 36, about 15 shots more until I gave up and began rewinding) and when winding the film back there was never a noticeable drop in tension which leads me to believe it was never actually winding across at all) any ideas how to get the end of the film out to use the film again or is it a lost cause?

carstenw

I think there is a tool which does that. Should be possible to buy it in a dedicated film shop. Alternatively, buy an empty canister, and in a dark place, pop the top end off with a cheap beer opener, and move the roll of film into the new canister, making sure to leave a tongue sticking out, and then close the new canister. It might be possible to open the old one without damaging it, but you would never know until you tried it...

But... It might be possible to get it out manually with no special tools. If you turn the film with your finger, in the direction of taking it up, you will hear a click each time it gets past the hole. if you stuck something soft and wide a cm or two in, and then turn until it clicks, at that point you might be able to just wind it backwards and push it out, and it would glide out on whatever you stuck in, rather than hanging on the lip of the canister hole. It should be quite thin to avoiding damaging the felt which seals the light out. A piece cut from a thin sheet of relatively soft plastic might do it.

R.Young

Thanks Carsten, I might have a fiddle with it and see if I can re use the film. If not, no big deal

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 3206

Wow.. thats pretty good. Nice large format feel.

1       2       3              160      
       162              225       226       end