Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion
/forum/topic/1009161/159

1       2       3              159      
       161              228       229       end

Grenache
Total Posts: 1952

Beautiful BW shots, Bob and Carsten.

Canon Direct has 5d2 refurbs from time to time for as little as about $1200. Guilt free IR.

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4802

Thanks Jim. Just what I wanted to hear. Now I need to find the $$$.

Today I visited the Cathedral of Saint Paul. First time there for me and a great opportunity to give the 15/2.8 a work out. The first and third are 5-shot HDRs. The other two are 3-shot panoramas.

Enjoy and Happy New Year everyone!

XsigmaSD
Total Posts: 486

Really Nice Bob!

Thanks a LOT, I was just looking at a used 15/2.8 today and thinking, "Gee, do I really need this..." arrgh. Good thing they are closed tomorrow.

rji2goleez

The lens is exquisite! Thanks.

wiseguy010
Total Posts: 766

Fantastic pictures Bob.

R.Young
Total Posts: 997

Happy New Year everyone.

I can't sleep so here is a Contax 100 Planar shot:

Infinity by Rob.Young, on Flickr

akul
Total Posts: 1618

Happy New Years everyone !!! I hope this year brings you all another wonderful photo year

Joakim- #1 BW is my fav

Bob - Thanks, and also thank you for inspiring me with your works too. Love the beautiful showcasing of 35 1.4 rendering. #1 of the 15 2.8 pano HDR is super!

Ronny - Your flower shots, never cease to amaze me. Beautiful.

R. Young - That is a beautiful image. Simple, serene and dreamy. Love it.

35 1.4 WO

rji2goleez

R. Young - Thanks for not sleeping! Wonderful.
Luka - Love the Will Call image.

Playing around with the recent cathedral series. Here are some processed with more of a grunge feel (Color Efex Pro, Silver Efex Pro). I realize it's not everyone's taste but would love all thoughts . . .

Toothwalker
Total Posts: 1349

rji2goleez wrote:
Playing around with the recent cathedral series. Here are some processed with more of a grunge feel (Color Efex Pro, Silver Efex Pro). I realize it's not everyone's taste but would love all thoughts . .

I like the effect on black and white. Not sure about the color images ...

mortyb
Total Posts: 1369

wfrank wrote:
Thanks Morten but that may not be enough. I am in the market for an Ibanez RGA42T so now I expect to play with Spekkhuggah as killer-Wilhelm will be ready to contribute! Hank from Hell has shown there's a lot of skill in Norway in this field

Awesome. Spekkhuggah (feat. killer-Wilhelm on lead guitar) is this year's headliner at the Inferno Festival.

Jim Servies
Total Posts: 820

rji2goleez wrote:
Thanks Jim. Just what I wanted to hear. Now I need to find the $$$.

Today I visited the Cathedral of Saint Paul. First time there for me and a great opportunity to give the 15/2.8 a work out. The first and third are 5-shot HDRs. The other two are 3-shot panoramas.

Enjoy and Happy New Year everyone!

W O W ! Buy button here I come! Thanks for the quick reply Bob. I'll let you know shortly. Also, I considered selling my 21mm too since I have the Nikon 24-70 but can't do it. The 21mm is just one sweet lens too. Thanks again!

rji2goleez

DON'T sell the 21. I almost made that mistake but as you say, it's an awesome lens. Also, check out the other Zeiss thread, last post: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/860134/806#lastmessage

akul
Total Posts: 1618

I am with Toothwalker. The grundge and BW worked well. Color feels a bit muddy. It almost feels to me that they need to be treated even further, a bit more extreme. Just my 2 cents here.

Toothwalker
Total Posts: 1349

wfrank wrote:
mortyb wrote:
Hahaha, that's hillarious... My next death metal band will for sure be named "Spekkhogger". You will be mentioned in every release, Wilhelm.

Thanks Morten but that may not be enough. I am in the market for an Ibanez RGA42T so now I expect to play with Spekkhuggah as killer-Wilhelm will be ready to contribute! Hank from Hell has shown there's a lot of skill in Norway in this field

Hmm. Norwegian metal bands have a history of arson. A few days after morbid Morten and killer Wilhelm announce their black deathtrashmetal band, I read that spekkhogger village (Dunalley, Tasmania) has been badly hit by fires.

I hope the orca and the two fishermen survived.

carstenw
Total Posts: 16067

There was a dolphin there?

rji2goleez

Still talking killer whales, orcas and metalhead bands, I see!

Meanwhile, the shutter keeps clicking . . . some shots from a construction site where I am documenting the before, during and after. The site will eventually be a research center for my company.

carstenw
Total Posts: 16067

That last one is sweet. Did you check if anyone was hiding behind you?

rji2goleez

Carsten - thanks. The last one is a cross post from the other Zeiss thread. Behind me was the rest of the corridor that went nowhere! Lucky for me.

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 3338

R.Young wrote:
Happy New Year everyone.

I can't sleep so here is a Contax 100 Planar shot:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8495/8332229134_afc9f9a46e_h.jpg
Infinity by Rob.Young, on Flickr

Nice photo, I wonder what was on opposite side? Behind you..

Grenache
Total Posts: 1952

Bob, love the lightbulb and BW tunnel/hall shots.

Incredible cathedral images. Can't get over how bright and clean they are. I am used to the lovely but comparatively more drab cathedrals of France.

Jim

1       2       3              159      
       161              228       229       end