Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion
/forum/topic/1009161/157

1       2       3              157      
       159              224       225       end

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4645

Definitely an interesting shot. I had to look at it a couple of times which says that it has interest. I like the effect.

Speaking of the CY85, I've been playing with my new lens acquired from Granache a few weeks ago. I've been trying to keep this lens on the camera exclusively and find that this is not a problem!

wfrank
Total Posts: 2928

Thanks Bob and nice imagery yourself. I think that's a good way to make use of something recognizable good that one feels dont get enought attention: glue it on the cam for a week or two :-)

Carsten, you just take a vertical stripe and multiply it. Then use a mask to bring back the ship and then play with transparency. Very simple but I was looking for more of a tranquility feel than you made out of it.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15629

I was just joking around It looks neat. I didn't realise you were going for tranquil though.

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Bob - Nice works with 85.
Wilhelm - I like how you treated your photo in more graphic manner. Very nteresting.

nibutto
Total Posts: 185

3d look
100/2

35/2

21/2.8

akul

ZF2 1.4/35

rji2goleez

Luka, I love the look with the 35/1.4. I assume this is WO?

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2403

Great shot Luka

rji2goleez

When I recently bought the CY85/1.4 (EOS converted), I was told it's a great lens for IR. I've always loved IR photography and even converted a Canon 20D to iR only via Life Pixels many years ago. Well I decided to charge up the old BP511s and see what the CY85 would do on the 20D.

Now, these are not necessarily stellar images in their own right but there's definitely a sharpness and perhaps a 3D look on one or two that I might experiment with a better composition to really test this out. The shot of the picnic table was taken at f/2.8, the rest at either f/4 or f/5.6. Too early to tell but if this lens is a hit, I might have to look around for a better IR camera!

akul

Bob - WOW. It looks like a 'hit' to me. Love all of them. Very beautiful. I never thought about IR, but these images give me itch

Ah, and yes, 35 1.4 was WO. I am now restudying its 1.4 beauty.

rji2goleez

Nice Luka. Now you got me wanting to break out the 35/1.4. Hmmm, maybe I should try it on the 20D IR. Two more snaps with the CY85

carstenw

On topic with the previous post (cross-posted from the FM Berlin II thread):

85P @ f/2.8, f/1.4:

Then two experiments, also 85P @ f/8, f/2.8:

Bifurcator
Total Posts: 9299

Me likes!

#2 especially!

joakim
Total Posts: 1494

Bob, very nice IR photos.
Luka, I really like the strong graphical look of first photo.
Carsten, #2 is great. The two last is interesting, would they work with a little tone added?

carstenw

The only problem I have with #2 is that it was the first shot of the day, and I knew it would be decent, and after that came very little :/

I haven't experimented much with tone... I am not sure? The colours were really drab. As in, drab redefined.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2978

Luka : # 1 does it for me
Castenw : Love #3. Inspiring.

Toothwalker
Total Posts: 1305

R.Young wrote:
I use a focus chip which not only records maximum aperture, but also lets you select the aperture you shoot at so you can log your exif properly. This means shooting in full manual, focusing wide open, stopping down, setting the shutter speed then setting the aperture on camera then taking the photo. Fine for most types of shot. But annoying if I'm rushing for example in the rain or when the midges are out in Scotland. Not to mention trying to get a photo of the girlfriend before she gets impatient. It's a good excuse to shoot wide open though!

I see. Focus chips are not for me.

Toothwalker

akul wrote:
Ah, and yes, 35 1.4 was WO. I am now restudying its 1.4 beauty.

That shot is interesting. Under these conditions (fairly large object distance, large max. aperture) many lenses would give rise to abundant defocus color fringing in the background. This lens apparently does not - or did you 'correct' it?

Hmm. Maybe there just isn't enough background blur to notice it.

Toothwalker

A few with the good old Y/C 1.4/50 on 5D2:

Mount Roland

Stokes Hill

The Tarkine

Catching a dolphin

Marine Bay Sands

akul

Carsten - 85P ! Very nice rendering in BW. I am oscillating between #1 #2 #3

Toothwalker - I did not fix any fringing. Inceased contrast probably covered it.
I like your compositions. Last one especially.

1       2       3              157      
       159              224       225       end