Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion
/forum/topic/1009161/156

1       2       3              156      
       158              220       221       end

R.Young
Total Posts: 915

Your colour pallet is always quite interesting, how do you process these?

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2166

R.Young wrote:
Your colour pallet is always quite interesting, how do you process these?

Thanks
some regular adjustments contrast and sharpness
playing with the tone curve and saturation, and Vibrance and I have a split toning with and then so I often use the Color Efex pro and where I use the detail extractor and Darken / Lighten Center

partitura
Total Posts: 317

Wilhelm - I remember from the photo a few pages back that you have quite a selection of C/Y Zeiss. Do you have the 18mm? If so, how do you like it?

Or anyone else with the 18mm?

R.Young

Thanks, will have to try out color efex pro then. Are you taking it through Lightroom or something first or just all in color efex?

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4559

Happy Holiday everyone. A nice Christmas Eve sky from Northern, WI

Ronny _Olsson

R.Young wrote:
Thanks, will have to try out color efex pro then. Are you taking it through Lightroom or something first or just all in color efex?

I do most things in lightroom first .. then Color Efex Pro and where I use the detail extractor and Darken / Lighten Center most .. but find that there are several filters that are very useful and good ... a quick way to edit images and easier
unless one have the knowledge and time to work in layers as Photoshop etc.

Great shot Bob

Grenache
Total Posts: 1849

Looks like you and the 85 are doing fine, Bob. Lots of drama in the sky. Looks like it is on fire.

Meant to tell you - not that I have seen you shoot IR, but that lens has no hot spot when shooting infrared. A rare feature in such a wide aperture lens. Not sure if that is something that Contax worked on deliberately or not, but it is a nice side effect either way.

Happy holidays, all.

Jim

wfrank
Total Posts: 2863

partitura wrote:
Wilhelm - I remember from the photo a few pages back that you have quite a selection of C/Y Zeiss. Do you have the 18mm? If so, how do you like it?

Sorry no. Dont know much about it or the adaptability. But I'd like a Zeiss wider than 21. I have the ZE 21 and is not to fond of the auto aperture on those.

- and happy holidays all from here too -

R.Young

Not fond of auto aperture?!

wfrank

Ehum.., what I meant was that the ZE versions dont have manual aperture. That's part of the reason for me going CY. Future adaptability, elimination of potential focus shift etc.

R.Young

Ah ok. I quite welcome auto aperture right now, photography can be difficult enough without stop down metering, I must be wasting a lot of my shutter life by chimping as much as I have to

rji2goleez

Grenache wrote:
Looks like you and the 85 are doing fine, Bob. Lots of drama in the sky. Looks like it is on fire.

Meant to tell you - not that I have seen you shoot IR, but that lens has no hot spot when shooting infrared. A rare feature in such a wide aperture lens. Not sure if that is something that Contax worked on deliberately or not, but it is a nice side effect either way.

Happy holidays, all.

Jim

Yes, things are coming together nicely for me with this lens. I need to work on some 3D scenes more but I'm having fun just shooting what's before me. Good to know about the IR. I should slap the lens on my old 20D which was converted for IR only. I need to see if I have a battery that still works!

Happy Holidays!

Toothwalker
Total Posts: 1290

R.Young wrote:
Ah ok. I quite welcome auto aperture right now, photography can be difficult enough without stop down metering, I must be wasting a lot of my shutter life by chimping as much as I have to

What is difficult about stop down metering?

Concerning the shutter lifetime, I doubt that I will ever reach the end of it before buying a new digital camera.

R.Young

I use a focus chip which not only records maximum aperture, but also lets you select the aperture you shoot at so you can log your exif properly. This means shooting in full manual, focusing wide open, stopping down, setting the shutter speed then setting the aperture on camera then taking the photo. Fine for most types of shot. But annoying if I'm rushing for example in the rain or when the midges are out in Scotland. Not to mention trying to get a photo of the girlfriend before she gets impatient. It's a good excuse to shoot wide open though!

rji2goleez

A beautiful Christmas Day to play with my new CY85/1.4 with EOS mount. I'm really liking this lens. Shot this at f/2.

Ronny _Olsson

Great shot of the dog Bob

wfrank

Here's a experimentally processed shot. It is likely to be the three-masted Schooner gaff-ridged "Linden" from Swedish speaking Åland in Finland. Here visible at the horizon in the outer south part of the Stockholm archipelago. Shot in an evening by end of summer. Original shot is kind of boring, tried to make it more interesting. CY85.

IMG_4888-copy-2012-1280 by Wilhelm Frank - Stockholm, on Flickr

carstenw
Total Posts: 15085

Nice panning; that looks like an extremely fast boat!

wfrank

Thank you Carsten but the boat was very slow.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15085

I had guessed that. How did you add the "speed"?

1       2       3              156      
       158              220       221       end