Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion
/forum/topic/1009161/155

1       2       3              155      
       157              228       229       end

Delatant
Total Posts: 163

It is not MY thread! I just like the ease of using it since I got my OMD. I admire your work - your pictures are what got me buying Zeiss lenses for my D3s over 2 years ago. You answered a couple of my questions directly in a thread, giving me hope! I have kinda let the Zeiss work go quiescent since I got the OMD 4 months ago. I thought a D800 might get me going with the Zeiss again - but to be truthful, after 2000 pictures, I give up - I don't like a single picture with it!! It is going to market this week.

Keep posting - and don't worry about my feeling - lots of things in this world don't go the way I would do them - but, hey I am not God! I love your work - especially with the Zeiss! Blessings!

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4808

I unfortunately didn't do any shooting this weekend between the lousy weather and the flu but here's a couple from a few days ago with the CY85

carstenw
Total Posts: 16067

Delatant wrote:
It is not MY thread! I just like the ease of using it since I got my OMD. I admire your work - your pictures are what got me buying Zeiss lenses for my D3s over 2 years ago. You answered a couple of my questions directly in a thread, giving me hope! I have kinda let the Zeiss work go quiescent since I got the OMD 4 months ago. I thought a D800 might get me going with the Zeiss again - but to be truthful, after 2000 pictures, I give up - I don't like a single picture with it!! It is going to market this week.

Keep posting - and don't worry about my feeling - lots of things in this world don't go the way I would do them - but, hey I am not God! I love your work - especially with the Zeiss! Blessings!

Okay, well, thanks again. I have to admit that I prefer Olympus colours to Nikon (or Canon) colours. I wish the big two would pay a bit more attention to pleasing colours and skin tones.

Out of interest, what kind of photography do you like?

Delatant
Total Posts: 163

Carsten wrote - Out of interest, what kind of photography do you like?

I really love getting out in nature and shooting. Had a camera since I was 11 (56 years ago) and I always seem to gravitate to scenery. I, like you, prefer Olympus but I have only had one 4-5 months - been a Nikon/Minolta man my whole life. I think the color thing is why I moved to Zeiss lenses with the Nikon. When I would be showing my pictures to friends, almost every time a Zeiss picture came up, my (novice) friends would comment on the beauty of it! That will move you. Where in Germany do you live and what do you do?

carstenw

I live in Berlin, a really nice city with quite fair cost of living, unlike most larger European cities. There is lots of culture here, and some really great galleries. The weather is a great compromise between warm, long summers and short, not-too-cold winters. I am a programmer, having worked most of my career in the field of computer graphics. I program in C++.

nibutto
Total Posts: 202

scooters 35/2

akul
Total Posts: 1622

Bob - I like the space rendered in #2.
nibutto - Very yummy shot,

35 1.4

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2592

Very good images from all :-)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all !!

Carl zeiss distagon T* 2/35 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Carl zeiss distagon T* 2/35 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3047

Luka : very nicely done
Ronny : impressive graffitis -)

85 P :

akul
Total Posts: 1622

Ronny - Those are intense shots ! #1 is just great.
Z- I very much like the mood and focus.

CY28

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3047

Thanks Luka. That CY 28 really shines in your capable hands.

joakim
Total Posts: 1568

Ronny, first graffiti photo is great.
Lieutenant Z, nice work with the 85 Planar. I like how you handle the light.
Luka, nice set and the waterfall photo is great. I would perhaps lighten up or crop out the far left that is a little to dark but the rest of the photo has a very nice light and composition.

R.Young
Total Posts: 1000

Luka, brilliant shots, love all three.

CY 100:

Jerash by Rob.Young, on Flickr

rji2goleez

Rob - this is wonderful!

Cross post from the other zeiss thread, here's one with the 15 and 21 distagons.

carstenw

Beautiful sunsets, Robert and Bob!

R.Young
Total Posts: 1000

Lovely shots. How are you finding both the 21 and 15? I would have thought they were very close!

rji2goleez

R.Young wrote:
Lovely shots. How are you finding both the 21 and 15? I would have thought they were very close!

I thought so too but they're not. The 15 exaggerates things much more (obciously). I haven't shot the 21 is some time and was considering selling it for the 25/2. However, shooting it recently reminds me of just how good this lens is. Compared to the 15, I feel like I can use it in a more normal focal length setting. Honestly, I haven't done enough side by side comparison. Suffice to say, I love them both.

wfrank
Total Posts: 2977

Very nice and diverse shots on this page, thanks for sharing Bob, Rob, Luka, Z & Ronny. Bonus cigars for the faint tasteful colors of the Luka light pole shot and Bob for shooting into the sun.

Toothwalker
Total Posts: 1349

The Y/C D2.8/21 is still going strong. Ten samples from a recent trip to Australia:

Salt Pan Nessie

Scenic drive in Flinders Ranges

Digitalis purpurea

Huon River

Orange rocks

Diamond Island

Tarkine coast

Sawyer Bay sunset

Moonlight brewery

Stanley's Nut

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2592