zhangyue
Total Posts: 2929

incredible! luka

joakim
Total Posts: 1534

Luka, very nice.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15962

This is a bit of a postcard shot, not so interesting, so I will fill in with a bit of background. The place is the Schiffshebewerk Niederfinow, and is in the middle nowhere, outside of Berlin. It is situated on a river with quite a bit of traffic, and exists due to the fairly steep rise (36m) in elevation here. Schiff means ship, and Hebewerk means lifting machine, more or less, i.e. it is an elevator for ships. It is quite old (1906), and will soon be replaced by a much more modern one which is currently being built on the other side of it. ZF21 on D800.

I am not sure why there appears to be a cyan cast on the left, my lens is normally balanced. Perhaps there was a bit of weather over there, I don't quite recall any more.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schiffshebewerk_Niederfinow

carstenw

A fall shot from a couple of weeks ago. ZF28/2@2.8 on D800:

carstenw

A slightly brutal photoshop treatment of another shot from the same day, ZF50/1.4@2.8 on D800:

It looks like I messed up the edges inside the frame a bit. Downsizing images with multiple layers doesn't seem to work for me. I am learning Photoshop... has anyone watched these two videos:

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/09/03/great-two-hour-lectures-on-how-to-use-photoshop-and-lightroom/

mortyb
Total Posts: 1366

Nice shots, Carsten. As to framing, I just make a new "image" in PS which is xx pixels taller and wider than the photo, fill with black, and copy-paste my photo on to it.

carstenw

I use the Cmd+Opt+C box, which adds a frame of X pixels to the width and Y pixels to the height, evenly all around, but even before the frame, there was a thin light area all around, I just didn't spot it before I added the frame. This shot is not that important to me, but I am wondering why having layers causes this to happen on downsizing. I noticed it about halfway through my downsizing, cropped it out, and continued until I was done. I just didn't think to check it again until I saw it here.

mortyb
Total Posts: 1366

Ah, that's the canvas size shortcut, I suppose. (I'm on pc). That works just as good.

Grenache
Total Posts: 1934

I use a Contax 55 to 86 step ring as a hood for my 55 Planar, the one Wilhelm mentioned. You don't actually need the rest of the attachments. That ring is sufficient to shield it.

It looks a little awkward with a short lens and a wide "hood", but it works well. Tamron makes an 86mm snap lens cap that fits on the front. Then every one thinks you have a tiny Tamron lens and leaves you alone. :-)

Jim

wfrank
Total Posts: 2971

OMG, you have the 55/1.2? Feel free to post an image or two :-)

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2543

Really good pictures Luka :-)
Very nice details in those pictures carstenw..particularly in the first :-)

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

phuang3
Total Posts: 1225

Few shots on Japanese teppanyaki that I had in Ginza, Tokyo. Mostly by ZF50/2 Makro on 5D2.

Sea Urchin @ ISO1600

This is by Leica 100 APO @ ISO3200

Foie Gras @ ISO1600

Fried Rice @ ISO1600

Steak @ ISO1600

Grenache

wfrank wrote:
OMG, you have the 55/1.2? Feel free to post an image or two :-)

Sorry. Typo from my stupid phone. I wish.

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Carsten - Great series. All three are very different of each other. Bridge shot for the pristine clean detail as opposed to the lush fall color to the sort of metalic fern leaves. #2 is my current favorite.

akul

Ronny - Superb series. This bug's life eh Amazing,

Pluang - Nice UNI !!

joakim
Total Posts: 1534

Carsten, very nice fall photo.
Ronny, great set. I like the middle one the most

carstenw

Thanks, guys!

akul

ZF.2 100MP

Grenache

A few parting photos from my recently departed and greatly loved Contax 85/1.4.
Jim

To the Sky by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

Holding the Sky by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

Holding the Sky - BW by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 4617

I remain grateful for what you all are showing me about Zeiss lens capabilities. Wow!! I thought I'd add this picture, taken with a Nikkon F4, set on P mode, and using my ZF.2 50/2MP. It's a shard of a major tree knocked down and broken up by hurricane Sandy as it came through the Philadelphia area. Film is Portra 400 as I recall, developed and Lo-Rez scanned by Philadelphia Photographics (excellent service from these folks). I uploaded the SOOC jpg to Aperture and did minimal PP'g.

Forgive the "pooch" photo, but Emma, a registered Therapy Dog, is an ever-present and willing subject. This is SOOC w/o PP'g, simply uploaded to aperture from the Photographics CD

1       2       3              148      
       150              226       227       end