Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion
/forum/topic/1009161/145

1       2       3              145      
       147              214       215       end

thebratts
Total Posts: 89

First shots with my new Contax Zeiss 28 2.0.
Liking it so far. however need a new adapter for my 5d MKII, probably leitax, getting tired of my no name adapter screwing with the aperture...

Bokeh at 2.0

Wall at 2.8-4 (not sure)

akul
Total Posts: 1611

thebratts - congrats on the new acquisition. It looks plenty sharp. If #2 is wide open, that is really good, and I see no vignetting either. ( You might have pp'ed it out. )

Another CY50 fall color from a few weeks ago at Minnewaska State Park.

wfrank
Total Posts: 2735

thebratts wrote:
First shots with my new Contax Zeiss 28 2.0.
Liking it so far. however need a new adapter for my 5d MKII, probably leitax, getting tired of my no name adapter screwing with the aperture...

Looking good!

No mirror or infinity issues? What version do you have (AE/MM)?

An easy fix for the aperture could be to snip of a tiny bit of the aperture lever with pliers. You'll probably see where it touches in the mirror box (if I remember correctly it's close to the contacts). I got the tip from fellow MF:ers and it remedies the same problem on the CY 50/1.4 (MMJ) - while still working just fine on a Contax S2 SLR.

wayne seltzer
Total Posts: 3968

D800E and ZF.2 21 at Alcatraz

thebratts
Total Posts: 89

wfrank wrote:
Looking good!

No mirror or infinity issues? What version do you have (AE/MM)?

An easy fix for the aperture could be to snip of a tiny bit of the aperture lever with pliers. You'll probably see where it touches in the mirror box (if I remember correctly it's close to the contacts). I got the tip from fellow MF:ers and it remedies the same problem on the CY 50/1.4 (MMJ) - while still working just fine on a Contax S2 SLR.

Thanks

No Mirror issues at infinity, only the aperture problem..
It's the AE version

I'll try the fix for sure , thanks

Ohh lets include a picture.. Bokeh test..

wayne seltzer
Total Posts: 3968

Luka, nice fall colors and detail. I would crop out the white sky, which would bring mote attention to th e colorful trees in the foreground.
Thebratts, congrats on your new lens!

joakim
Total Posts: 1331

Luka, again great colors and I agree with Wayne about the sky.
Wayne, looks like you get a lot of resolution from that combo. Interesting photo from a room I am glad I never had to visit while it was being used.
thebratt, congrats to the new lens. 28 mm is a fun focal length to shoot.

Here is a simple on from my favourite Zeiss lens, the ZE 85 Planar

wfrank

I like that Joakim!

akul

Wayne, Joakim - Thanks so much for your comments. I see what you mean, but I already posted one that had only leaves, and I wanted to keep the sense of expanse of the scene. Some more work needed, I like those challenges

Wayne - Very cool shot with deep DOF. It has the hyper real feeling to it. Sterile lighting adds that feeling too.

thebratts - Fun shot. Bokeh is certainly on the funkier side, but I like the way how used it for your scene.

Joakim - SImple and yet very beautiful with the PP work. BW works the abstraction very well on that scene.

carstenw
Total Posts: 14905

Two boring Berlin fall shots, 50P @ f/2 and f/2.8, D800:

akul

Carsten -Very yummy rendering. f2.8 for the second shot is very effective. The repeating vertical plants on #2 reminds me of contemporary sculpture. Love the color.

akul

Now of course, I love the first one, but second one caught my eye with something different.

fracas
Total Posts: 375

In your experience is better the Contax G 90/2.8 or the C/Y 85/2.8 Sonnar for a NEX-7? I have the second one, but have the opportunity to switch and need your advice...

In case of switch, what brand produces the best adapters for Contax G to NEX?

tks
francesco

carstenw

Thanks Luka! Yes, I think the rendering makes these shots. The rest is not that interesting, plain composition, normal colours, etc.

wfrank

fracas wrote:
In your experience is better the Contax G 90/2.8 or the C/Y 85/2.8 Sonnar for a NEX-7? I have the second one, but have the opportunity to switch and need your advice...

In case of switch, what brand produces the best adapters for Contax G to NEX?

tks
francesco

For the NEX I would have no doubt getting the Contax G. It's very small and light - and a high performer. Bad part is the focusing ring that is missing, hence done through the adapter. I dont mind that (I have G 21, 28, 45 and 90) but some do.

fracas
Total Posts: 375

thanks wfrank ... can you advice me about the best adapter to buy?

carstenw

Is the Metabones adapter still the one to get?

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 4249

Zeiss 35/2 - may have been a professional "shoot," but I got permission from a gentleman who appeared to be serving in a body guard role I know the background is blown out, but, she's pretty for sure...

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 4249

Ya gotta love sunglasses

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2836

Nice Tony!

"No losers" :

1       2       3              145      
       147              214       215       end